Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31
    Basenotes Junkie Feedback 14 (100%) HFMIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    755

    Default Re: Clive Christian 50% selected items

    Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    I think Clive went a little nuts with the exclusives at the expense of actually selling product.
    I was discussing this the other day with a friend of mine, I'm just glad they are selling them off at a discount themselves instead of passing them on to discounters.

  2. #32
    Basenotes Junkie Feedback 17 (100%)
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    778

    Default Re: Clive Christian 50% selected items

    Customer service told me they cannot locate the last 6 of their X Tabacs that were supposed to be in stock, so they'll send me the original X.

  3. #33
    Basenotes Junkie Feedback 14 (100%) HFMIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    755

    Default Re: Clive Christian 50% selected items

    Quote Originally Posted by Hothamwater View Post
    Customer service told me they cannot locate the last 6 of their X Tabacs that were supposed to be in stock, so they'll send me the original X.
    Well, that sucks, at least you will be getting a great deal on the original.

  4. #34
    Basenotes Plus
    Feedback 3 (100%) bklow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Clive Christian 50% selected items

    Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    Good for you , and me too.
    That's my first reaction with most, I'll probably have it for sale/swap in a week I don't get much tobacco from it considering that is the supposed to be the highlighted note. I can tell it's in there, but doesn't seem to be a standout note.

    The Art Deco Cypress from the sample is rather nice too (and more potent).
    My Current Favs:
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tauer LADDM
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Aventus
    Tom Ford Ombre Leather 18
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    Currently wearing: Montecristo by Masque

  5. #35
    Basenotes Plus

    Feedback 37 (97%) JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,049

    Default Re: Clive Christian 50% selected items

    Quote Originally Posted by bklow View Post
    That's my first reaction with most, I'll probably have it for sale/swap in a week I don't get much tobacco from it considering that is the supposed to be the highlighted note. I can tell it's in there, but doesn't seem to be a standout note.

    The Art Deco Cypress from the sample is rather nice too (and more potent).
    I love woodies like Cypress .
    One of my favorite Creed's is Bois de Portugal.
    I just sampled something else that rooted in the exotic poisons so to speak.
    Hemlock is a nice woody too . It's not for everybody, but I still like it.
    Just spritzed C from the men's . A very nice Tuscan Leather.
    I'm considering Rock Rose

  6. #36
    Basenotes Junkie Feedback 17 (100%)
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    778

    Default Re: Clive Christian 50% selected items

    Quote Originally Posted by HFMIII View Post
    Well, that sucks, at least you will be getting a great deal on the original.
    I'll say -- Over 50% off X!
    Last edited by Hothamwater; 11th January 2019 at 08:43 AM.

  7. #37
    Basenotes Plus

    Feedback 37 (97%) JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,049

    Default Re: Clive Christian 50% selected items

    Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    Nice! Picked up the X candle set and the Twists sample set. I'd been hounding my local Clive Christian salesman for the candles, and they never showed up (they gave them as an exclusive to Neiman's but the Neiman's here doesn't carry Clive, so they're just not available in Northern California). And here they are at half price... I think Clive went a little nuts with the exclusives at the expense of actually selling product.
    Good for you .
    I just ordered Rock Rose , the 10 ml for $62.
    I just sampled i from Clive Private Collection discovery set.
    all of the first three are very approachable ,
    and at the price we are getting these for, are good.
    L lasted forever on my skin.
    So we have the 14th to consider more .
    If anyone reads this , the 5x5ml for $112, that's 25 mls, is a good way to get know something about this company.
    Kinda wishing I got the 10 ml set . maybe I still will.
    D you think they might extend the sale ?
    In 6 days, from January 4th to January 11th , the USA Clive has had 314 separate sales.

  8. #38
    Basenotes Junkie Feedback 14 (100%) HFMIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    755

    Default Re: Clive Christian 50% selected items

    My second order of X Licorice and 1872 Basil just arrived. They gave me a bunch of samples this time. XXI Cypress / Vanilla Orchid again, along with XX Papyrus / Water Lily, and the original 1872 for men / women.

    X Licorice seems very nice just from 1 spray on my hand. I'm thinking I'll give it a full wear tomorrow.

  9. #39
    Basenotes Plus

    Feedback 37 (97%) JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,049

    Default Re: Clive Christian 50% selected items

    Quote Originally Posted by HFMIII View Post
    My second order of X Licorice and 1872 Basil just arrived. They gave me a bunch of samples this time. XXI Cypress / Vanilla Orchid again, along with XX Papyrus / Water Lily, and the original 1872 for men / women.

    X Licorice seems very nice just from 1 spray on my hand. I'm thinking I'll give it a full wear tomorrow.
    Awesome . My Rock Rose should be at my doorstep by weeks end.
    Please let us know what you think of the samples etc.

  10. #40
    Basenotes Junkie Feedback 14 (100%) HFMIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    755

    Default Re: Clive Christian 50% selected items

    Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    Awesome . My Rock Rose should be at my doorstep by weeks end.
    Please let us know what you think of the samples etc.
    Nice, I'd be interested to know what you think about it. I almost picked that one up as well and I still may if it's still available.

    It seems that you can still access the sale items at the sale price and add them to your cart through the provided link from the OP, although if you visit the CC website they have removed the sale link from their main page.

    X Licorice is excellent, I'm guessing it's the combination of licorice, pepper, and maple but in the opening it gives a similar feel to the cinnamon of the original.

    This is how a flanker should be done. A true twist on the original, yet staying somewhat true to form.

    Looking at some of the notes you might think it could be cloying, but it's not at all, very smooth from the start. As it dries down the licorice stays around and the buttery maple begins to shine a bit more over a nice woody base.

    Tomorrow 1872 Basil.

  11. #41
    Basenotes Plus

    Feedback 37 (97%) JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,049

    Default Re: Clive Christian 50% selected items

    Quote Originally Posted by HFMIII View Post
    Nice, I'd be interested to know what you think about it. I almost picked that one up as well and I still may if it's still available.

    It seems that you can still access the sale items at the sale price and add them to your cart through the provided link from the OP, although if you visit the CC website they have removed the sale link from their main page.

    X Licorice is excellent, I'm guessing it's the combination of licorice, pepper, and maple but in the opening it gives a similar feel to the cinnamon of the original.

    This is how a flanker should be done. A true twist on the original, yet staying somewhat true to form.

    Looking at some of the notes you might think it could be cloying, but it's not at all, very smooth from the start. As it dries down the licorice stays around and the buttery maple begins to shine a bit more over a nice woody base.

    Tomorrow 1872 Basil.
    Sounds excellent .
    Love licorice
    Here's a review from Daver of You Tube .
    It's just over 2 minutes.


    I was thinking about Licorice too.
    Love maple and Licorice .
    My order should be here tomorrow or Thursday.
    Let us know on CC's Basil.
    Last edited by JBS1; Today at 01:41 AM. Reason: canntspeel

  12. #42

    Default Re: Clive Christian 50% selected items

    Has anyone had experience with the 1872 Twist Bergamot vs 1872 Twist Basil? Or just either one them? Thanks.

  13. #43
    Feedback 3 (100%) hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    264,765

    Default Re: Clive Christian 50% selected items

    Quote Originally Posted by BigCactus View Post
    Has anyone had experience with the 1872 Twist Bergamot vs 1872 Twist Basil? Or just either one them? Thanks.
    I have had both for many months. Bergamot tends more to the citrus while Basil tends to be woodier. They are both very nice but tweak the original 1872 differently.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  14. #44
    Basenotes Member Feedback 2 (100%)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Clive Christian 50% selected items

    Are all the twists unisex?

    For example, is 1872 Jasmine unisex?

  15. #45
    Basenotes Plus
    Feedback 3 (100%) bklow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Clive Christian 50% selected items

    Quote Originally Posted by KolnGuy View Post
    Are all the twists unisex?

    For example, is 1872 Jasmine unisex?
    The Jasmine is based on the feminine version of X, whereas the geranium one is based on the masculine version.

    Here's a link, you see some are based on the masculine version and some on the feminine:
    https://www.clivechristian.com/twist-on-a-classic/

    Edit to add: but you can call anything you want unisex
    My Current Favs:
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tauer LADDM
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Aventus
    Tom Ford Ombre Leather 18
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    Currently wearing: Montecristo by Masque




Similar Threads

  1. Clive Christian USA 30% off select items until November 21th
    By akadem in forum Discounts and Coupon Boards
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16th November 2018, 09:26 AM
  2. Clive Christian 25% off selected items
    By akadem in forum Discounts and Coupon Boards
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st November 2017, 10:09 PM
  3. Up to 60% OFF Retail On Selected Items For A Limited Time At Incenza!
    By hednic in forum Discounts and Coupon Boards
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd May 2017, 01:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000