Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 7 of 7
o
  1. #1

    Default Use Level / maximum concentration

    Hi all

    I wish to confirm if the use Level in the product description for Perfumers Apprentice's products refers to its maximum usage level within the entire product or within the aromatic formula of the product? I would expect it to be the former but just thought I should check and verify.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    1,288

    Default Re: Use Level / maximum concentration

    Quote Originally Posted by mindfulnessjewel View Post
    Hi all

    I wish to confirm if the use Level in the product description for Perfumers Apprentice's products refers to its maximum usage level within the entire prodi t or within the aromatic formula of the product? I would expect it to be the former but just thought I should check and verify.
    Unless your going to make company and sell hundreds or thousands of bottles I don`t think you have to worry about those "maximum usage levels,"

    Kind of off topic, but I thought I would add this;
    Synthetic perfume materials are made by experienced chemists.
    These scientists ALWAYS have safety as a first priority. They are intelligent people that actually do care about others. Therefore, synthetic materials are basically safe.

    Sickness is complex, it`s difficult for certain types of people to understand the nuances of health science, so "hippie types," and other ideologically prone peoples (the ones that align their chakras to crystal vibrations) tend to blame "those evil CHEMICALS," for whatever ails them.

  3. #3
    Community Manager

    furrypine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    7,645

    Default Re: Use Level / maximum concentration

    Quote Originally Posted by mattmeleg View Post
    Unless your going to make company and sell hundreds or thousands of bottles I don`t think you have to worry about those "maximum usage levels,"

    Kind of off topic, but I thought I would add this;
    Synthetic perfume materials are made by experienced chemists.
    These scientists ALWAYS have safety as a first priority. They are intelligent people that actually do care about others. Therefore, synthetic materials are basically safe.

    Sickness is complex, it`s difficult for certain types of people to understand the nuances of health science, so "hippie types," and other ideologically prone peoples (the ones that align their chakras to crystal vibrations) tend to blame "those evil CHEMICALS," for whatever ails them.
    Well, I feel that is a bit simplistic. Materials might cause inflammation or maybe even other more harmful reactions in large doses, synthetic or not. I hope someone more experienced than me can add to the conversation.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Use Level / maximum concentration

    Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Well, I feel that is a bit simplistic. Materials might cause inflammation or maybe even other more harmful reactions in large doses, synthetic or not. I hope someone more experienced than me can add to the conversation.
    Actually, I agree with Matt. Not only do the chemists and researchers care about safety because they're humans, but it is also a threat to the company releasing the chemicals. The companies like IFF and such aren't going to release materials that could potentially get them in trouble.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Cheers, Happy Perfuming!
    Will

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    1,288

    Default Re: Use Level / maximum concentration

    Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Well, I feel that is a bit simplistic. Materials might cause inflammation or maybe even other more harmful reactions in large doses, synthetic or not. I hope someone more experienced than me can add to the conversation.
    Furrypine,
    It`s always possible for any single, individual person to be allergic to a specific material.
    Some people are allergic to chocolate, or peanuts, or milk etc.
    But generally speaking most people are not allergic to chocolate, or peanuts, or milk.

    It`s the same with aromatic chemicals.
    These chemicals are DESIGNED to be as safe as possible to as many people as possible.
    Like 99.99999% of the population.

    Again, chemists are incredible intelligent people, and VERY safety concerned.
    They are worried about getting sued, their companies no1 priority is safety.
    Additionally these chemical companies take natural materials like Bergamot and actually make them SAFER than nature!


    Think about this example,
    imagine the perfume Alien or Chanel No5 was actually proven to be unsafe?
    Imagine hundreds of people broke out with hives, or had some kind of allergic reaction to it.

    This is similar to someone finding a rat in their soup. This would SINK their business.
    It would be ALL OVER THE NEWS and the media, and the newspapers.
    Nobody would buy these perfumes, they would be sued...the companies would fall out of business.

    But this is NOT the case.
    Some people are allergic to nearly everything....my cousin is allergic to milk, cheese, eggs, peanuts etc.
    He has to have a very special diet.

    But that does not mean that human produced chemicals - for human consumption and human use are actually dangerous.

    Again, I blame the "back to the nature," movement...and yes, I blame ideologies.
    If someone is possessed an ideology, they tend not to view or weigh a specific situation for what it is.
    They have a hard time seeing complexity in the world.

    They are not investigative. Rather, ideological people CHOOSE to view the world through their very specific lens.

    Have you read the Salem Witch Trials?
    Hippies blaming "evil chemicals," for their "allergic reactions," is something like a witch trial.
    They are searching for an evil which simply does not exist. They want to blame "the man."

  6. #6

    Default Re: Use Level / maximum concentration

    Quote Originally Posted by mindfulnessjewel View Post
    Hi all

    I wish to confirm if the use Level in the product description for Perfumers Apprentice's products refers to its maximum usage level within the entire product or within the aromatic formula of the product? I would expect it to be the former but just thought I should check and verify.
    They look to be aesthetic suggestions (not safety recommendations) and apply to the concentrate rather than the final product.

    eg:

    Geraniol (95): Can use up to 30% of total concentrate.
    Habanolide: Use level: Up to 10%

  7. #7
    Basenotes Plus
    pkiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    8,806

    Default Re: Use Level / maximum concentration

    Quote Originally Posted by Alysoun View Post
    They look to be aesthetic suggestions (not safety recommendations) and apply to the concentrate rather than the final product.

    Exactly.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.




Similar Threads

  1. Aeropostale Maximum
    By SpaceAboveSky in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 7th August 2014, 10:07 PM
  2. Eau Maximum - Nickel
    By Renato in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11th June 2012, 08:56 PM
  3. Maximum no of perfume bottles
    By surileo in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 11th January 2011, 03:33 AM
  4. Nickel Ennemi/ Eau Maximum anyone tried these?
    By blacklibran1 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28th September 2008, 04:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000