Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 121
  1. #1
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    33,932

    Default Today I bought January 2019

    Any purchases made and/or any planned purchases for the month of January.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: 17/17 Irisss by Xerjoff

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    273,823

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Osmanthus Absolute Oil by Clive Christian

    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Guerlain Elixir Charnel Chypre Fatal
    P010651.jpg

  4. #4
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    33,932

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by boui_boui View Post
    Guerlain Elixir Charnel Chypre Fatal
    Attachment 94372
    Enjoy Have you tried some of the other Elixirs?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: 17/17 Irisss by Xerjoff

  5. #5

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Enjoy Have you tried some of the other Elixirs?
    Thank you!
    I personally only have Oriental Brulant (my favorite of the Elixirs). Chypre fatal was a gift for a friend.
    I would like to try Gourmand Coquin as I've heard great things about it.
    How about yourself? Any favorites?

  6. #6
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    33,932

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by boui_boui View Post
    Thank you!
    I personally only have Oriental Brulant (my favorite of the Elixirs). Chypre fatal was a gift for a friend.
    I would like to try Gourmand Coquin as I've heard great things about it.
    How about yourself? Any favorites?
    If you like sweets, specifically chocolate, you won't be disappointed. This one is my favorite by the way.

    Have you tried their l'art et la matiere collection? I like that collection a lot more. So many good ones like Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Tonka Imperiale, Cuir Beluga, Angelique Noire, Iris Ganache, Bois D'Aremenie.

    What Guerlains have you tried so far?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: 17/17 Irisss by Xerjoff

  7. #7
    Basenotes Institution
    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Posts
    13,145

    Default Today I bought January 2019








    Happy New Year to All Basenotes Members!
    Last edited by CapriDog; 5th January 2019 at 04:15 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    If you like sweets, specifically chocolate, you won't be disappointed. This one is my favorite by the way.

    Have you tried their l'art et la matiere collection? I like that collection a lot more. So many good ones like Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Tonka Imperiale, Cuir Beluga, Angelique Noire, Iris Ganache, Bois D'Aremenie.

    What Guerlains have you tried so far?
    Almost all of them. You named some really good ones. I wish I had a chance to try Iris Ganache before they discontinued it.
    I recently tried Mon Precieux Nectar. Gonna need another sniff to have any opinions though.

  9. #9
    Basenotes Plus
    Kitty2Shoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Total blind buys and won't get them until 2-3 months from now from Sixteen92:

    Hydromancy
    I'm Not Finished
    Mein Herr Marquis
    Montmartre
    Baker Street
    Currently wearing: Montmartre by Sixteen92

  10. #10

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty2Shoes View Post
    Total blind buys and won't get them until 2-3 months from now from Sixteen92:

    Hydromancy
    I'm Not Finished
    Mein Herr Marquis
    Montmartre
    Baker Street
    Are they running out of witchy names? I recognized Mein Herr Marquis as a song from Die Fledermaus.
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

  11. #11
    Basenotes Plus

    HouseOfPhlegethon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    ....................................near the old Reading Line
    Posts
    3,708

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    My first order from Luckyscent: Geisha Amber Rouge by Aroma M. Lve this stuff!

  12. #12
    Moderator

    cazaubon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Montréal and San Diego
    Posts
    5,155

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Good one HoP! I noticed it was on sale. Got it last year and really like it.

  13. #13
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    273,823

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Ice Land, Ice River, and Ice Lemon by Herve Gambs 100ml

    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Chanel Chance Eau de Toilette
    Last edited by warthog; 2nd February 2019 at 10:48 PM.
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

  15. #15

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Hermes 24 Faubourg
    Last edited by warthog; 12th February 2019 at 08:06 PM.
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

  16. #16

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Kenzo Amour
    Last edited by warthog; 2nd February 2019 at 10:47 PM.
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

  17. #17
    Basenotes Plus

    HouseOfPhlegethon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    ....................................near the old Reading Line
    Posts
    3,708

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    Good one HoP! I noticed it was on sale. Got it last year and really like it.
    I need another amber perfume like I need another hole in my head. But it smells soooo good!

  18. #18
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    273,823

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Holy Peony by Dior 125ml EDP

    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,219

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Hi all. I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the new year. I received Iris Céladon by Armani Privé for Christmas and I'm absolutely thrilled with it. What a lovely buttery iris!
    Edit: Why does the photo rotate to landscape?
    IMG_4790.jpg
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

  20. #20
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    33,932

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by BoyChanel View Post
    Hi all. I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the new year. I received Iris Céladon by Armani Privé for Christmas and I'm absolutely thrilled with it. What a lovely buttery iris!
    Edit: Why does the photo rotate to landscape?
    IMG_4790.jpg
    Congrats! It's a good scent and I love iris!
    Good to see you back here
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: 17/17 Irisss by Xerjoff

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,219

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Congrats! It's a good scent and I love iris!
    Good to see you back here
    Hi there and thank you for the kindness xoxo. As for the fragrance, I am really so in love with it! Even though I have several iris-centered perfumes, this one doesn't smell like any that I have. Some people claim that it reminds them of one of my favorites Bois D'Argent but I do not detect any similarities whatsoever.
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

  22. #22
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    33,932

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by BoyChanel View Post
    Hi there and thank you for the kindness xoxo. As for the fragrance, I am really so in love with it! Even though I have several iris-centered perfumes, this one doesn't smell like any that I have. Some people claim that it reminds them of one of my favorites Bois D'Argent but I do not detect any similarities whatsoever.
    If you can find them these are worth sampling: Xerjoff Irisss and Guerlain Iris Ganache. These are my 2 favorite iris scents that I've tried.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: 17/17 Irisss by Xerjoff

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,219

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    If you can find them these are worth sampling: Xerjoff Irisss and Guerlain Iris Ganache. These are my 2 favorite iris scents that I've tried.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I know I've smelled the Guerlain in the past but can't recall it to be honest. The Xerjoff line is stocked at Bergdorf Goodman so I can pop in and check out Irisss which sounds wonderful given that it also has another favorite flower of mine in it, violets!
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

  24. #24
    Basenotes Plus

    HouseOfPhlegethon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    ....................................near the old Reading Line
    Posts
    3,708

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by BoyChanel View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I know I've smelled the Guerlain in the past but can't recall it to be honest. The Xerjoff line is stocked at Bergdorf Goodman so I can pop in and check out Irisss which sounds wonderful given that it also has another favorite flower of mine in it, violets!
    If you like violets you need to try Bruise Violet by Sixteen92 and Violette in Love by Nicolai.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,219

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfPhlegethon View Post
    If you like violets you need to try Bruise Violet by Sixteen92 and Violette in Love by Nicolai.
    Hi there. Thank you for the suggestions! I will most certainly seek them out on my next trip to Bergdorf Goodman Xx
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

  26. #26
    Basenotes Plus

    HouseOfPhlegethon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    ....................................near the old Reading Line
    Posts
    3,708

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by BoyChanel View Post
    Hi there. Thank you for the suggestions! I will most certainly seek them out on my next trip to Bergdorf Goodman Xx
    I'm not totally sure if the Nicolai is still around - you know quickly things become discontinued.

    The Bruise Violet you'll find on Sixteen92's website. Claire is a small perfumeur.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Found a vintage bottle of Faberge Flambeau for $3.50 yesterday [at the antique place across the street]. I haven't tried it on the skin yet - it smells good, from the bottle.

  27. #27
    Basenotes Plus

    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    25,627

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019


  28. #28
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    33,932

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Never heard of this fragrance before. Hope you enjoy it
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: 17/17 Irisss by Xerjoff

  29. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,219

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    OMG, envious!! Love that it's housed in her shocking pink as well. There's several shocking pink Schiaparelli pieces currently on display at my old school's museum and they're absolutely breathtaking!
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

  30. #30
    Moderator

    cazaubon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Montréal and San Diego
    Posts
    5,155

    Default Re: Today I bought January 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post

    Wow!! You must be so thrilled. What a prize.




Similar Threads

  1. Today I bought January 2019
    By N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 489
    Last Post: 31st January 2019, 09:59 PM
  2. Today I bought January 2016
    By N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 582
    Last Post: 27th January 2019, 12:57 PM
  3. Today I bought: January 2015
    By The Colognnoisseur in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 395
    Last Post: 31st January 2015, 07:49 PM
  4. Today I bought: January 2013
    By Trauerkraut in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 277
    Last Post: 2nd February 2013, 09:35 PM
  5. Today I NEARLY bought - January 2010
    By Trebor in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25th January 2010, 05:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000