Code of Conduct
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Sample Pass: THE ZOO

So are the samples headed on down to the next participant now?
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    So are the samples headed on down to the next participant now?
    Yes, Yellowtone in the Netherlands. They shipped a couple days ago.

Basenotes Institution

Awesome - glad there was enough juice for more to participate!
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Hi all, today I received a package with Zoo samples, but it seems like this parcel has been through a LOT during transit:

thumbnail.jpg

It was repackaged in a plastic bag, but the actual envelope looks like the dogs have been at it. It also only contained 1 box with 3 samples. Am I right in assuming there was more in the package when it was posted?
    Currently wearing: Prima T by Bruno Acampora

Basenotes Institution

Oh damn.

Yes there was 2 boxes + the Creed atomizers separate.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Oh damn.

Yes there was 2 boxes + the Creed atomizers separate.
    Yikes! It looks like the dogs opened the package, took stuff out, and then taped it back together. I'm amazed there are 3 samples left...

Quote Originally Posted by grayspoole View Post
    Yikes! It looks like the dogs opened the package, took stuff out, and then taped it back together. I'm amazed there are 3 samples left...
    I know, right? Why would they take out 5 samples and send on the rest? It probably won't amount to much but do you think I can register a complaint anywhere? They basically mishandled/stole mail...

Blog Entries

Oh, man. This is my fear when sending stuff overseas. l don't know if you can complain, as it's not exactly legal to post this stuff overseas in the first place?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Oh, man. This is my fear when sending stuff overseas. l don't know if you can complain, as it's not exactly legal to post this stuff overseas in the first place?
    I know, but if that were the reason for opening the package and taking stuff out, why would they send on 3 samples? It's just so weird...

I have Club design, Community and Louis left.

Ps: I've never had this happen before when sending/receiving stuff from overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    Either Club Design or Community by itself could have scared off the dogs. That's a potent combo in the same box.

The Creeds were in nice pill bottles. I thought they were nice. Protective. Maybe customs didn't like them?

Was there something gourmand in the other box? Maybe the dog ate that one, and someone from customs kept the Creeds.

That was fairly standard packaging. Everything had structural protection, which is more than I normally do, but sometimes I wrap things in more plastic, which would have masked the smell more, at least slightly.

whahaha, the dog ate my samples! Poor thing! But yeah, the structural integrity of the one box left was compromised for sure; it's positively mangled! God knows what they did to it.

Basenotes Plus

I know, but if that were the reason for opening the package and taking stuff out, why would they send on 3 samples? It's just so weird...
    This is rather alarming. Was there no notification of any kind on the package, stating what the problem was with it, or how it got damaged, or whether that occurred on the U.S. or the Netherlands end?

Every damaged package I've ever received had some sort of notice from the postal service. But none of them have been international, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    This is rather alarming. Was there no notification of any kind on the package, stating what the problem was with it, or how it got damaged, or whether that occurred on the U.S. or the Netherlands end?

Every damaged package I've ever received had some sort of notice from the postal service. But none of them have been international, either.
    No explanation, but there is a tiny qr code and the logo of the Dutch postal services on the plastic bag they put the envelope in so I'm going to call them tomorrow to ask what's up...

Freed from BN Institution

Hi all, today I received a package with Zoo samples, but it seems like this parcel has been through a LOT during transit:

thumbnail.jpg

It was repackaged in a plastic bag, but the actual envelope looks like the dogs have been at it. It also only contained 1 box with 3 samples. Am I right in assuming there was more in the package when it was posted?
    Damn. I find this very upsetting.

There should've been 6 Zoo samples total in 2 gold boxes, 3 samples in each box as well as well as orange container that contained the 2 Creeds.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Ps: I've never had this happen before when sending/receiving stuff from overseas.
    No explanation, but there is a tiny qr code and the logo of the Dutch postal services on the plastic bag they put the envelope in so I'm going to call them tomorrow to ask what's up...

It's a bit disturbing and weird that only one was left inside the package. Why was this box left while the other box and orange pill container removed? I'm not sure if I would call this a confiscation. It would be good to find out what happened.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

I think it was two pill boxes - each with two decants.

In light of what just happened, I'm considering on preparing some additional samples of both Creed Angelique Encens and Scent of Oger for the folks over in Europe. Currently there is another Extension Package Rogue Perfumery underway with 40 Rogue and Flos Mortis. I could rush out some samples so that they could join the Rogue Perfumery samples since the sample kit will be in the US for a little bit. I would like for the folks Europe to get an opportunity to try them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I think it was two pill boxes - each with two decants.
    You're correct. I posted a picture of the samples very early on in the thread.

Hmm, maybe they found the pill boxes suspicious and only took those out? I wonder if it may have been an accident of some sort though, because the envelope is completely ripped and quite dirty, almost as if it's been stuck or trampled on, and the remaining gold box is also quite beat up and torn. Its doesn't quite fit with a confiscation scenario.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    In light of what just happened, I'm considering on preparing some additional samples of both Creed Angelique Encens and Scent of Oger for the folks over in Europe. Currently there is another Extension Package Rogue Perfumery underway with 40 Rogue and Flos Mortis. I could rush out some samples so that they could join the Rogue Perfumery samples since the sample kit will be in the US for a little bit. I would like for the folks Europe to get an opportunity to try them.
    That's so kind of you, N.CAL!

Hmm, maybe they found the pill boxes suspicious and only took those out? I wonder if it may have been an accident of some sort though, because the envelope is completely ripped and quite dirty, almost as if it's been stuck or trampled on, and the remaining gold box is also quite beat up and torn. Its doesn't quite fit with a confiscation scenario.
    Yes, l think you're right. Maybe it got stuck in a conveyer belt somewhere?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Well, I called the postal services but they couldn't tell me anything about what happened to the package. There's no way we can get any compensation either, so I'm afraid that's that. N CAL it would be most amazing if you could send some more samples in our direction! I hope they will fare better than this lot. I have never had this happen before and I hope I'll never have it happen again.

On to the scents!

I started with Club design A thoroughly modern smell right off the bat. I can't really make out what I'm smelling`at first, but there is something synthetic, almost metallic in there. This is not a perfume that aims to please; it does its own thing and you can just take it or leave it. It mellows a bit after half an hour or so and I get some citrus; orangey, but mild and sweet, like tangerines, some spicy sweetness, and an odd freshness that still has the lingering synthetic metallic quality so prominent in the opening. Out of curiosity I looked up the notes, and somehow it surprises me to see all these natural and "normal" looking notes there. I was half expecting something futuristic or weird listed, like "new car" or "metal hand rail in the sun". I detect no florals here. The dry down turns more familiar with a sweetened leather and woods, but still the strangeness lingers.

Louis I think I understand the house style after smelling this second one. Again, there is a synthetic oddness in the opening, accompanied by soft lemon and fresh spices. The overall vibe is soft and gentle, and much more easy going than Club Design. On this one the oddness wears off after an hour or so, and what remains is a rather pleasant and smooth, almost powdery fresh scent. The spices in here are not heavy or oriental at all, but light and delicate. I rather like this in the dry downs and I think this would be nice on a man.

ps: The cap of the Louis sample is missing. I guess we'll never know what happened to that either.

Well, I called the postal services but they couldn't tell me anything about what happened to the package. There's no way we can get any compensation either, so I'm afraid that's that. N CAL it would be most amazing if you could send some more samples in our direction! I hope they will fare better than this lot. I have never had this happen before and I hope I'll never have it happen again.
    Angelique Encens and Scent of Oger will be combined with the samples in the Rogue Perfumery sample pass. Most of you are also in the Rogue Perfumery sample pass so you will be able to sample them in the near future.

Basenotes Institution

Yeah I liked Louis. I'd be interested in sampling it again if I encounter it. I think it has real broad-range potential.

-- Eckhart Tolle

The last of my surviving samples is Community: it starts off with a blast of very fresh and clean citrus; grapefruit, lemon and sweet mandarin tumble over each other like acrobats in a circus. The citrus is lifted by an ozonic note which gives the opening an energising quality. Then some herbs join the party; pale green and slightly bitter to my nose. The base is a modern woody affair that provides depth to the freshness, but never turns sweet or heavy. Overall this seems to be the most "regular" smelling offering of the 3 I've tried, no space metal or other oddities in sight. I think this leans masculine and would be an excellent summer scent.

N CAL, what is the plan with the extra Creed samples that are on their way? Should I wait for those to arrive before I send the Zoo samples to the next person, or do I send this on now and post the Creeds later? I'm cool with both.

N CAL, what is the plan with the extra Creed samples that are on their way? Should I wait for those to arrive before I send the Zoo samples to the next person, or do I send this on now and post the Creeds later? I'm cool with both.
    Yellowtone, I've added the Creed samples to the Rogue Perfumery Sample Pass. There are extension packages for that sample pass so I've grouped the Creed samples with the next set of Rogue samples that will eventually make its way to Europe.

Yellowtone, I've added the Creed samples to the Rogue Perfumery Sample Pass. There are extension packages for that sample pass so I've grouped the Creed samples with the next set of Rogue samples that will eventually make its way to Europe.
    Cool! To keep this pass moving, I'll send the 3 remaining Zoo samples to StellaDiverFlyn now and I'll forward the additional samples as soon as they come in.

Hi, yellowtone has very kindly contacted me to send the Zoo samples, thank you!

Concerning the rest of Creed samples, I just realised that I didn't participate the Rogue Perfumery sample pass. So I suggested to yellowtone that it'd probably be better to send the follow-up Creed samples to the next person in line for Rogue Perfumery sample pass.

I'll report back when I receive the Zoo samples. ^^
    Currently wearing: Club Design by The Zoo

Quote Originally Posted by StellaDiverFlynn View Post
    Hi, yellowtone has very kindly contacted me to send the Zoo samples, thank you!

Concerning the rest of Creed samples, I just realised that I didn't participate the Rogue Perfumery sample pass. So I suggested to yellowtone that it'd probably be better to send the follow-up Creed samples to the next person in line for Rogue Perfumery sample pass.

I'll report back when I receive the Zoo samples. ^^
    I can accommodate you into the Rogue Sample if you would like. There was some juice from what I recalled in one of the posts.

I can accommodate you into the Rogue Sample if you would like. There was some juice from what I recalled in one of the posts.
    If it's possible, yes I'd love to! Thank you so much for the accommodation!
    Currently wearing: Club Design by The Zoo

Quote Originally Posted by StellaDiverFlynn View Post
    If it's possible, yes I'd love to! Thank you so much for the accommodation!
    Added

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast