Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Alternatives for A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by calitrav View Post
    Wow, thanks, I'll keep that in mind in case I don't like it (Insurrection Wild) right away.
    What made you think it might get better if you kept it around for a year?
    I did not really have reason to believe it would.get any better, other than the same thing has taken place with a few others I have. Not all mind you, I have some I've been praying for a few years now to open up but they have not and never will. Haha. I kept it because the carmex/medicinal beeswax note is so unique and so good I liked to smell it every now and then regardless of performance issues. But really, since its opened up the carmex note hangs around for the life of the fragrance through the cherry and tobacco, and its lasting for at least 6 to 8 hours of moderate performance. Definitely not beast mode but not bad either. It's just right for the composition.

Basenotes Junkie

Yesterday I got Pure Malt from here https://www.escentual.com/mugleramenpuremalt001/ and wearing it today.
    They have 20% discount so price + shipping was good

Dependent

Insurrection II Wild is better and cheaper than Pure Havane. Performance is pretty good also.
    CK One Shock is close to Havane too, but I'd give a slight edge to Wild.
    Wild also has a beautiful bottle and box for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Yesterday I got Pure Malt from here https://www.escentual.com/mugleramenpuremalt001/ and wearing it today.
    They have 20% discount so price + shipping was good
    I have also ordered but the pure havane waiting to arrive.

P.s.
    Meanwhile i have read that Many fumeheads are complaining about the performance after reformulations how about that?
    Currently wearing: Black Orchid by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Jason125 View Post
    I did not really have reason to believe it would.get any better, other than the same thing has taken place with a few others I have. Not all mind you, I have some I've been praying for a few years now to open up but they have not and never will. Haha. I kept it because the carmex/medicinal beeswax note is so unique and so good I liked to smell it every now and then regardless of performance issues. But really, since its opened up the carmex note hangs around for the life of the fragrance through the cherry and tobacco, and its lasting for at least 6 to 8 hours of moderate performance. Definitely not beast mode but not bad either. It's just right for the composition.
    Neat, thanks again, good to know I can give it up to a year if I don't love it right away...
    Currently wearing: British Sterling by Dana

Ok, so my bottle of insurrection II Wild just came in the mail!

First off, it came in a very nice box, and the bottle seems solidly made.

I've had it for less than an hour, and have only smelled it on a paper test strip so far,
    but my instant reaction is that it's sweeter than most men's fragrances I'm used to enjoying,
    but it's a warm, comforting, tobacco smell, and seems very nice, especially for the price.

I'll try it on my skin later...

I won't be able to compare it to any other tobacco frags until I try some more of them, though...
    except maybe Havana, which I do own and love.
    Currently wearing: British Sterling by Dana

Quote Originally Posted by KadirPasha View Post
    One side note/question.. Pure Malt or Pure Havane? I like good performing scents, please advise.
    I find that Pure Havane performs better than Pure Malt. It projects pretty well and has really good longevity. I like both, but if performance is a big deciding factor, Id go with Pure Havane.

Pure Havane is among the strongest A*Men flankers, along with Pure Tonka and Taste of Fragrance (Chili Pepper).

Basenotes Junkie Alonewithcologne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KadirPasha View Post
    I have also ordered but the pure havane waiting to arrive.

P.s.
    Meanwhile i have read that Many fumeheads are complaining about the performance after reformulations how about that?
    I got a reformulated bottle last year. With six sprays, I get 8 hours and average projection. If you just ramp up the sprays it should be fine.