Code of Conduct
    If not now, when?

Default Tom Ford Private Blend Reserve Collection - 8 re-released Private Blends

Did I miss this being released!?

I am on the Tom Ford website, in the Beauty section and he has the Private Blend Reserve Collection listed, with slightly different face plates (gold letters on gold background) on the bottles, of eight (8) re-released discontinued fragrances from the Private Blend line.

INVENTIVE. UNRIVALED. VISIONARY.

THE RESERVE COLLECTION SET FEATURES ALL 8 OF TOM FORD'S MOST DESIRABLE PRIVATE BLEND SCENTS. THE PRIVATE BLEND RESERVE COLLECTION BRINGS BACK EIGHT OF TOM FORD'S FAVORITE PRIVATE BLEND FRAGRANCES, TOUCHSTONES HE PRESENTLY USES LONG AFTER THEY HAD RETURNED TO THE RESERVE VAULT. SOUGHT-AFTER BY THOSE DEVOTED TO THEIR INTOXICATING POWER, EACH IS INSPIRED IN ITS CONCEPTION AND UNFORGETTABLE IN ITS EXPRESSION.
    In the Private Blend Reserve Collection are:

Rive d'Ambre
    Amber Absolute
    Bois Marocain
    Jonquille de Nuit
    Italian Cypress
    Velvet Gardenia
    Black Violet
    Arabian Wood

I would LOVE to smell the re-released Velvet Gardenia - I miss that scent a lot and I've never really smelled another gardenia scent quite like it.

I would have liked to have seen Moss Breches in this collection.

The Tom Ford store is very close to my home - I will have to stop in there this weekend and see if they have them in store or only online.

$320 each sold separately or $2,560 for all eight (8).
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Default Re: Tom Ford Private Blend Reserve Collection - 8 re-released Private Blends

No Moss Breches no fun.
    Hope he corrects this mistake soon.
    At least some orphans will be lulled.
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tom Ford Private Blend Reserve Collection - 8 re-released Private Blends

Oh man I scanned the list so hard looking for Moss Breches and Velvet Gardenia...I totally agree it would have been lovely to smell them again.
    Looking for:
    Hermessence Cuir D'Ange
    Hermessence Ambre Narguile

SELLING:
    Iris Silver Mist bell jar (99.9% full)

Freed from BN Institution

I would love to see Moss Breches, Japon Noir, Bois Rouge, and Purple Patchouli. Those existed before my time here.

My concern is if how much the earlier releases will change since all the original releases that are still around haven't been good for the last several years.

Will 100ml bottles and 250ml flacons be available?

I'm curious if anyone has smelled Velvet Gardenia and if it's good.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...d-Fridays-2018

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

I have decants of a few of these. I wonder how different they will smell. Too bad he doesn't come out with a small discovery set with all 8 of these. Do they realize that the more people can try these and justify their costs, they could possibly land more sells (especially for people on the fence.) They can't possibly think many customers are willing to fork over $320 per for many bottles?? Maybe its just me..
    Currently wearing: Back to Black by By Kilian

I agree, these perfumes were released in 2007. New perfume enthusiasts haven’t had a chance to try these out. A sample set would encourage more people to try them out and possibly buy.

I really want to experience Black Violet!
    "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." - Mademoiselle Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Rive d'Ambre - I recall this one as boring - can't recall much else
    Amber Absolute - if anyone is interested, I have a partial 50 ml w/box I can sell/trade - I'll never get thru the 25 ml I decanted from it in my or my beloved's lifetime.
    Bois Marocain - I thought this was a newer release - no?
    Jonquille de Nuit - This was/is quite well done, however Ostara and Au Dela Narcisse are better expressions of the flower IMO
    Italian Cypress - a classic - and as someone who has also owned Z-14, I do believe this is better - purchase if you can
    Velvet Gardenia - never have been able to try it - would like to
    Black Violet - this is nice - however as a violet fanatic, it left me wanting something more. Other violets took its place and I sold each bottle I have owned.
    Arabian Wood - I had a small sample, and what I recall was it was nice - not much more.

Moss Breches really ought to have been in here. THAT is something truly special.

You can find decants of Velvet Gardenia on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr1973 View Post
    Rive d'Ambre - I recall this one as boring - can't recall much else
    Amber Absolute - if anyone is interested, I have a partial 50 ml w/box I can sell/trade - I'll never get thru the 25 ml I decanted from it in my or my beloved's lifetime.
    Bois Marocain - I thought this was a newer release - no?
    Jonquille de Nuit - This was/is quite well done, however Ostara and Au Dela Narcisse are better expressions of the flower IMO
    Italian Cypress - a classic - and as someone who has also owned Z-14, I do believe this is better - purchase if you can
    Velvet Gardenia - never have been able to try it - would like to
    Black Violet - this is nice - however as a violet fanatic, it left me wanting something more. Other violets took its place and I sold each bottle I have owned.
    Arabian Wood - I had a small sample, and what I recall was it was nice - not much more.

Moss Breches really ought to have been in here. THAT is something truly special.
    Which Amber Absolute do you have? The original or the 2015 re-release?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...d-Fridays-2018

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Wonderful news, very excited for the re-release of Velvet Gardenia! I hope they don't tune down that savoury cheese aspect.

Basenotes Plus

nice but at 320 I'll pass
    Currently wearing: Bal d'Afrique by Byredo

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas.com View Post
    nice but at 320 I'll pass
    My sentiment exactly. Is Tom Ford only catering for the rich now?

Bring back Moss Breches!

Glad to hear that they are bringing back Italian Cypress--my favorite of the lot--although I have plenty and at that price you have to think hard about it.
    Beer? The kids' new gear?
    Currently wearing: Vetiver 46 by Le Labo

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight99 View Post
    Surprised with the "now" in the above - thought the price range was always on the higher side.
    Currently wearing: Idole de Lubin by Lubin

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Which Amber Absolute do you have? The original or the 2015 re-release?
    The 2015 re-release - I used to have the 2007 - and it was THE 2007 - in a giant decanter - then I realized I'd have to be buried with the stuff - and so I did some pretty big splits, financed a yacht (I KID!) but really, I did pay down my student loans - that is for real! I kept a decant for myself - used it, then someone here sold me my 2015 (which honestly did not smell that much different), and again, I have realized between myself and my husband, we will both outlive this juice (50 ml), so I decanted precisely 25 ml, and just now sold the remaining 25 ml with bottle and box to a fellow BN'er Keeping it all in the family LOL!

Let's Dance

I would love to see Moss Breches, Japon Noir, Bois Rouge, and Purple Patchouli. Those existed before my time here.

My concern is if how much the earlier releases will change since all the original releases that are still around haven't been good for the last several years.

Will 100ml bottles and 250ml flacons be available?

I'm curious if anyone has smelled Velvet Gardenia and if it's good.
    I have tried Bois Rouge - I have a small decant by courtesy of LiveJazz.

It's okay - you aren't missing out on much.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr1973 View Post
    The 2015 re-release - I used to have the 2007 - and it was THE 2007 - in a giant decanter - then I realized I'd have to be buried with the stuff - and so I did some pretty big splits, financed a yacht (I KID!) but really, I did pay down my student loans - that is for real! I kept a decant for myself - used it, then someone here sold me my 2015 (which honestly did not smell that much different), and again, I have realized between myself and my husband, we will both outlive this juice (50 ml), so I decanted precisely 25 ml, and just now sold the remaining 25 ml with bottle and box to a fellow BN'er Keeping it all in the family LOL!
    Did you recall getting a stronger oriental feel with the 2007 release? I recalled picking up on the vanilla from this one, whereas in the 2015 release it's more earthier and incense based.

I find myself struggling to put a dent into my 100ml 2015 bottle.

Came in here to see if Moss Breches’s been resurrected. Too bad it isn’t... Don’t care for the rest.

Basenotes Plus

hmmm....not particularly. I really tried to find a difference - I wanted to believe what I had from 2007 was really better...but truly, comparing them both side by side month after month, I could not tell a difference. Neither could my husband. I might have missed something though.

If not now, when?

Anyone smelled the 'new' Velvet Gardenia!?
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Is this an on-line exclusive and/or exclusive TF boutiques? If not, will this be in select department stores?

If not now, when?

Is this an on-line exclusive and/or exclusive TF boutiques? If not, will this be in select department stores?
    I don't know.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Member

Neiman Marcus has this release on the website, including the set of 8.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Surprised with the "now" in the above - thought the price range was always on the higher side.
    High side for the quality therein for sure. More masstige than niche, in my opinion.
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Basenotes Plus

This one and the more feminine White Patchouli are both insipid takes on patchouli. Purple is a bit more interesting, a dark floral more akin to Black Orchid than patchouli. I passed when it was being sold for around $100. I can't imagine why anyone would pay $320 for it.

Tom Ford's Patchouli Absolu is more interesting and less afraid of the material being used.
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight99 View Post
    Ha -- check out the price of a suit

If TF brought back Japon Noir and Creed unvaulted Vetiver 1948, I would die happy