Code of Conduct

Default Top Parfums Vintage

I'm looking to buy 1 or up to 3 bottles of Parfums Vintage depending how much I like them after hearing how great they are. I recently ordered a 3 sample set( Rush of Unicorns, King Intense and Pineapple Vintage Intense). I also hear that X-Batch and Vanilla Intense are also great. Sadly I only got the 3 instead of the 6 sample set. Which top 3 do you guys think are the best/recommend to buy and why?

Default Re: Top Parfums Vintage

I heard a review that mentioned Vanilla intense being a ‘gourmand-ish take’ on Aventus... I’d be most interested in this one.

Dependent

Sunset in Heaven is a very close approximation to Baccarat Rouge 540. I'd say that's worth a try, especially for sample costs.
    Rush of Unicorns is a good fragrance and a solid choice. The sample I tried came across a lot stronger than Millesime Imperial, which reportedly falters regarding longevity, but wasn't as 'sparkling' as Millesime Imperial to my nose. I'd be torn about which to get, if I was in the market for this type of fragrance. I did get a favourable comment pretty quickly from a colleague shortly after application.
    I've also heard good things about 'The Emperor', but haven't tried it so cannot comment.

Perhaps, see how you go with the ones you've bought? Vanilla Intense did catch my eye but I'm not in the market for an Aventus-esque fragrance right now so won't be sampling. My curiosities would see me purchasing their 'true' counterparts and deciding whether I prefer the original or the re-make - there's not a huge distinction, price-wise, between decants/samples of either.

Basenotes Junkie

I have heard the newest batches pineapple vintage intense were weak. I hope not because it is an absolutely wonderful fragrance, and I want a full bottle. I know that x batch sucked for me because it lasted all of an hour before disappearing, and I thought it smelled terrible. The the Noir series were to heavy on birch for me, and smelled like burned rubber. I need a sample of King intense. But on the Vintage intense, I got a bit better than moderate longevity, with moderate projection. As long as they dont screw with the performance and make it any weaker, it is worth every penny for a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason125 View Post
    I have heard the newest batches pineapple vintage intense were weak. I hope not because it is an absolutely wonderful fragrance, and I want a full bottle. I know that x batch sucked for me because it lasted all of an hour before disappearing, and I thought it smelled terrible. The the Noir series were to heavy on birch for me, and smelled like burned rubber. I need a sample of King intense. But on the Vintage intense, I got a bit better than moderate longevity, with moderate projection. As long as they dont screw with the performance and make it any weaker, it is worth every penny for a bottle.
    X Batch Intense was just released, apparently it has better longevity. I'm waiting until April to purchase a 100ml bottle though, as they currently are only selling 50ml ones.

The only Parfum Vintage I have is PVI, it's really interesting to me because I can barely smell it on my skin and it doesn't seem to project at all, however the sillage seems great as it's one of my most complimented fragrances. Though I do have a 2018 batch so I'm not sure if the 2017 batch was even stronger