Code of Conduct

Question I have a Roja Dove Tester and was wondering how legit it is....

I got this of a friend and was wondering the authenticity of it. The front has a metal plate not a paper plate and it did't come with a lid
    but came in a box but the box is not that special. The smell is of a chypre and a good one too it is quite strong on a lavender and berries side it is very linear to me it only
    changes about once or twicw in it's life. ive seen in reviews that Oligarch changes 4 times through it's lifespan.

I've not sprayed it on skin ive only tested it on a tester strip so far,
    it's the bottle that I am not 100% about so if anyone of you know let me know

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: I have a Roja Dove Tester and was wondering how legit it is....

Is there a stamp on the bottom of bottle hp? Hard to tell with the photo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a fake. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    providing reasons as to why it is a fake would probably add to post quality

Don't stank.
    Currently wearing: Bonheur by Bortnikoff

Agreed. Is this based on a gut feeling or are there actual visual clues everybody can use to spot a fake?
    Currently wearing: bne by Pierre Balmain

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

I guess today fakes of anything are possible.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

So what is the clue that this is a fake? It has a serial number and everything but thanks anyway

��

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybuzz View Post
    So what is the clue that this is a fake? It has a serial number and everything but thanks anyway
    There are a lot of details that are incorrect on the bottle, but here are some of the big ones:

- Roja tester bottles are the same as retail bottles -- they never have "demonstration tester" printed on the back
    - Real Roja testers come with a plastic cap and are not shipped in any type of a tester box
    - This is not a Pochet bottle, which is the only type that Roja uses (no Pochet markings, internal dimensions are wrong, exposed seams, etc.)
    - The batch code does not follow the correct format for Roja bottles
    - The bottom sticker is incorrect for a Roja bottle
    - The printing on the bottle is not done with the correct gold-leaf lettering, and instead uses a matte gold paint
    - The sprayer is not the correct "fine mist" sprayer for this bottle

Also, Oligarch is one of the most prominently faked Rojas. Tons of these counterfeit bottles have been pumped out of Russia over the past couple of years, unfortunately.

There are a lot of details that are incorrect on the bottle, but here are some of the big ones:

- Roja tester bottles are the same as retail bottles -- they never have "demonstration tester" printed on the back
    - Real Roja testers come with a plastic cap and are not shipped in any type of a tester box
    - This is not a Pochet bottle, which is the only type that Roja uses (no Pochet markings, internal dimensions are wrong, exposed seams, etc.)
    - The printing on the bottle is not done with the correct gold-leaf lettering, and instead uses a matte gold paint

Also, Oligarch is one of the most prominently faked Rojas. Tons of these counterfeit bottles have been pumped out of Russia over the past couple of years, unfortunately.

Well that settles it then ha I dont think Ill be spraying this on my skin anytime soon. I thought it was a bit dubious and there you have it.

Do you have any pictures of bottles you have yourself? So I can make out the differences...

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn’t stink lol it is quite a close fake to the original tbh I’ve got a sample of the original
    and I’ve got Danger, Risqe and Amber Aoud

Thanks for taking the time to write this down. I think sharing such information publicly is going to help others in the future too.
    Currently wearing: bne by Pierre Balmain