Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Question HELP: Fragrance that haunts my dreams. Cashmere?

Hello all!
    I need help! I am searching for the scent of my dreams.

I am looking for a fragrance, that I experienced the first time two years ago, and ever since I have been looking for it.
    The first time I came across it, I was standing in line at a tourist attraction in Braga in Portugal. I remember standing behind a couple with two children. Back then I just assumed it was a womens, and thought maybe it belonged to the mother. I later came across it two different places in Denmark. The scent was very distinctive and recognisable to me.

DESCRIPTION OF THE SCENT:
    It could be a unisex scent, or for men or women. It's smooth. So smooth. And soft. But big. It fills up a room. And WARM. Maybe a little sweet. And so comfortable and luxurious. For a long time I thought it was a vanilla scent, but after buying countless vanilla scent samples I started to think that maybe I just thought it was vanilla, because it seemed to smooth and nice. The scent is not spicy. At all. Its the most inoffensive scent in the world, even though it lingers in the air and in the room, after the wearer has disappeared (in Copenhagen I walked into the hall of a hostel, and the scent was everywhere, but there were no people - it had escaped me, yet again.) A couple of months ago I bought the "Mirabilia" body mist from H&M (NOT the perfume) and it has some similar notes to the scent I am chasing, I think. H&M describes the scent like this “A creamy cashmere throw creates a comforting cocoon in the cool dawn air.” Perfumer: Nisrine Grillié. Key notes: Lily of the valley, peach, milk accord, sandalwood and musk.
    - Ive been trying CLEAN - Cashmere and Donna Karen - Cashmere mist, because I thought maybe I was looking for a cashmere scent. But none of them ressembles my phantom fragrance. I often regret not asking that couple in front of me, what fragrance they were wearing, but I didn't want to seem creepy.
    THE SCENT IS NOT: spicy, sharp, overpowering, masculine, fruity, citrussy or boozy.

So, it has killer sillage but its kinda light and floaty and comfortable, yet omnipresent. And warm. And is probably not one of the most popular perfumes, since Ive only smelled it 3-4 times during the past 2 years. (When Im out I constantly smell Aventus - Creed and Chanel Bleu and JPG - Le male, etc.)

I know this is not much to go on, but if anyone has any suggestions, I would be so grateful. If I ever find this fragrance I'll buy 100 bottles and wear it for the rest of my life. This scent is like a soft, warm sweater made of love, that you'll want to be wrapped in forever.

Thanks in advance
    IJ

Default Re: HELP: Fragrance that haunts my dreams. Cashmere?

Maybe an amber or tonka fragrance? If it was the man, it may have been Armani Code.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    Maybe an amber or tonka fragrance? If it was the man, it may have been Armani Code.
    I actually suspected amber as well, because I was staying in the same room as a woman that was wearing Michael Kors - sexy amber, and it had a bit of the softness I was looking for, but it's also very floral and a little dusty/powdery/old lady ish. And I think that's the amber?

But I'll try out Armani code as soon as I get near a perfume shop again, and maybe do some research on Tonka, thank you!

Welcome!
    I agree that tonka is a possible guess. it smells very smooth and warm, and slightly sweet. If you have access, you can try Dior Feve delicieuse, which has a lot of that. Or Chanel Boy (the drydown, the top has lavender as well).

Ambers typically smell warmer, sweeter, and more resinous (think maple syrup).

Freed from BN Institution

Guerlain Tonka Imperiale. It's very similar in nature to Feve Delicieuse.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

All of the suggestions already cited are good ones and hopefully can help you find what you are looking for.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by IJ92 View Post
    Hello all!
    I need help! I am searching for the scent of my dreams.

I am looking for a fragrance, that I experienced the first time two years ago, and ever since I have been looking for it.
    The first time I came across it, I was standing in line at a tourist attraction in Braga in Portugal. I remember standing behind a couple with two children. Back then I just assumed it was a womens, and thought maybe it belonged to the mother. I later came across it two different places in Denmark. The scent was very distinctive and recognisable to me.

DESCRIPTION OF THE SCENT:
    It could be a unisex scent, or for men or women. It's smooth. So smooth. And soft. But big. It fills up a room. And WARM. Maybe a little sweet. And so comfortable and luxurious. For a long time I thought it was a vanilla scent, but after buying countless vanilla scent samples I started to think that maybe I just thought it was vanilla, because it seemed to smooth and nice. The scent is not spicy. At all. Its the most inoffensive scent in the world, even though it lingers in the air and in the room, after the wearer has disappeared (in Copenhagen I walked into the hall of a hostel, and the scent was everywhere, but there were no people - it had escaped me, yet again.) A couple of months ago I bought the "Mirabilia" body mist from H&M (NOT the perfume) and it has some similar notes to the scent I am chasing, I think. H&M describes the scent like this “A creamy cashmere throw creates a comforting cocoon in the cool dawn air.” Perfumer: Nisrine Grillié. Key notes: Lily of the valley, peach, milk accord, sandalwood and musk.
    - Ive been trying CLEAN - Cashmere and Donna Karen - Cashmere mist, because I thought maybe I was looking for a cashmere scent. But none of them ressembles my phantom fragrance. I often regret not asking that couple in front of me, what fragrance they were wearing, but I didn't want to seem creepy.
    THE SCENT IS NOT: spicy, sharp, overpowering, masculine, fruity, citrussy or boozy.

So, it has killer sillage but its kinda light and floaty and comfortable, yet omnipresent. And warm. And is probably not one of the most popular perfumes, since Ive only smelled it 3-4 times during the past 2 years. (When Im out I constantly smell Aventus - Creed and Chanel Bleu and JPG - Le male, etc.)

I know this is not much to go on, but if anyone has any suggestions, I would be so grateful. If I ever find this fragrance I'll buy 100 bottles and wear it for the rest of my life. This scent is like a soft, warm sweater made of love, that you'll want to be wrapped in forever.

Thanks in advance
    IJ
    I've been searching for something as well. Is it slightly similar to Bleu de chanel at all? I think it's the Sandalwood but i'm nto 100% sure

Lily of the Valley, Peach and milk -- sounds very feminine

You might want to check out Chinatown for creamy peaches but that is very expensive

Bleu de chanel is stronger and slightly spicier than the scent I'm looking for, I think (:

Bleu de Chanel is a fragrance that puts you to sleep. But does not evoke dreams nor is a warm sweater made of love. More like the men's toiletries section of a chain drugstore.

I can relate to being haunted by a fragrance. You likely may not find the same one, but you will find many others that you will enjoy a lot.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Pomegranate Noir, Midnight in Paris EDP, Feeling Man, Essence of John Galliano, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Aramis Calligraphy Rose, Penhaligon's Esprit de Roi, PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Blog Entries

Geurlain has a fragrance meant to be sprayed on textiles around you (favourite scarf, pillow, throw blanket etc.) called Eau de Cashmere. You should check it out! Not meant to be worn on skin because it doesn't last on skin.
    Looking for:
    Hermessence Cuir D'Ange
    Hermessence Ambre Narguile

SELLING:
    Iris Silver Mist bell jar (99.9% full)

To me, Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere smells like a cashmere sweater/throw - or a hug. I have the one in the tall bottle (prefer it to the newer on in classic bottle). Maybe test that one?
    In any case it sound like the fragrance you’re describing has a good dose of musks in the base.

Also, probably not the scent you’ve smelled on those people- but test Arquiste Infanta en Flor too.

There’s also the possibility you’re referring to almond or heliotrope.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.