Code of Conduct

Default Looking for an online course or beginner guide or even an online private tutor and guidance

Hello everybody. New to to the forum and doing my way into the faboulous field of fragrance. I have been distilling oils myself for a while now and slowly drifted into the fragrance field. Looking for some help and guidance . Either with tutors. Private tutors , online course or videos... any recomandations?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Looking for an online course or beginner guide or even an online private tutor and guidance

What country are you in?
    and . . . mmmm... ;-) What have you been distilling!?
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Default Re: Looking for an online course or beginner guide or even an online private tutor and guidance

Quote Originally Posted by refael_sakura View Post
    Hello everybody. New to to the forum and doing my way into the faboulous field of fragrance. I have been distilling oils myself for a while now and slowly drifted into the fragrance field. Looking for some help and guidance . Either with tutors. Private tutors , online course or videos... any recomandations?
    Start here:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...ead-this-first
    Long, dark Vancouver winters

so far I have been steam distilling a bunch of plants in different forms to see the difference between high temperature distilling, and low temperature, and distilling with solvent...that didn't work that well...but was a good lesson. I have distilling quite a bit actually , clove, cinnamon bark, lemon, pine , rosemary, coriander, garlic, ginger, dill, parcely...spelling... and a few more. great fun :-) had a bit of a mini explosion distilling flax seed, that was a mistake...but all in all great fun.
    and to your other question. I live in Tel Aviv at the moment, was born here, but lived along while in the U.S.A and my main business is a guest house...so most my life i live with a very international community.
    :-) what about you?

just seen you are from south cal.... I spent about seven years in cali, mainly in santa cruz . studied there :-)

thanks for the head up matt

Quote Originally Posted by refael_sakura View Post
    thanks for the head up matt
    You might want to try Ayala Moriel
    https://ayalamoriel.com
    She lived in Vancouver (my city) as well as Israel (somewhere)
    She uses all natural materials for perfumery and has a good blog

Will check . Thank you

Will check . Thank you

There a list of online course in the DIY forum,
    be sure to search around.

But, to be absolutely honest...
    The only way to learn about perfumery is set up a desk, smell things...
    and make LOTS OF LOTS of notes!
    M