Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: After some years of experience, what is your favourite fragrance, and why?

In terms of smell it just might be Tuxedo, a YSL exclusive.

Beautiful clean patchouli base, smells like fraction distilled. Open to drydown a pleasure. Somewhat a stronger fuller Gucci PH 2 with the violet leaf. Sweet but tempered... Playfull but not immature. Just a good balance of things that I love in a scent.

Ambergris note may be more than just ambroxan. Either way, I carry a decant of my SOTD and I add a drop of ambergris tincture to make it that much more luxurious.

Default Re: After some years of experience, what is your favourite fragrance, and why?

Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) Vetiver, Myrrh, Bergamont. Could you really ask for more? Masculine, powerful, strong, yet clean. Restarted my love for frags about 5 years back. Every time i go to choose a scent for the day it always crosses my vision and I'm always tempted to wear it.
    Currently wearing: African Leather by Memo

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Creed Spice & Wood became my favorite the 1st time I ever smelled it (around 2012).

I think it still is.
    +1 Same here.
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Have you tried Roja Dove Great Britain?

I would love to Bavard, but way out of my budget unfortunately.
    Currently wearing: Cuir Andalou by Rania J

Two years ago I would have easily answered Dior Homme. Earlier last year I may well have answered Fahrenheit (I still might). But now that my tastes have switched to really enjoying classic masculines like Kouros, Pasha, Aramis, etc., I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere in 2019 my answer ends up being something along those lines. Heck, even Green Irish Tweed is finally working its magic on me. I also wouldn't be surprised if my answer were to remain Fahrenheit. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    Two years ago I would have easily answered Dior Homme. Earlier last year I may well have answered Fahrenheit (I still might). But now that my tastes have switched to really enjoying classic masculines like Kouros, Pasha, Aramis, etc., I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere in 2019 my answer ends up being something along those lines. Heck, even Green Irish Tweed is finally working its magic on me. I also wouldn't be surprised if my answer were to remain Fahrenheit. :-)
    Nothing wrong with Fahrenheit.
    Currently wearing: Gentlemen Only by Givenchy

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Can't really pick just one, but it's between Eau Sauvage, Avon Black Suede, Azzaro Pour Homme, Aramis, and Eternity for Men.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Leather by Avon

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    In the land of milk and honey (yet cows and bees don't get the money)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Castile.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp191 View Post
    I've seen you praise this scent several times, and I finally broke down and bought a bottle. Should be here in a few days. I love your description of this one. If I don't like it, I'm blaming you! I'll let you know what I think about it when it arrives.
    HA! And a bit of yikes too. I hate the thought of wasting your money on my recommendation, so I hope you enjoy it!

Don't be surprised if it takes a few tries before it clicks with you. Or not? That's how it was for me. I had to sample it two or three times before I finally committed to a bottle, and even when I did buy one, I figured it would be something I'd only wear every now and then. But each time I did, I liked it even more than the time before.

Here's Katie Puckrik's review of it:

I only disagree with her take on it a little bit. She said it's not long lasying, but for me, its longevity is surprisingly good. Yay for me I guess! Also, I think I get a bit more of a transition from the soapy opening into a scent that becomes very human - perhaps even just a bit naughty... but it takes a few hours to get there, and I mean that in a good way. I hate when a scent has a great opening and then, poof, it's gone. That's definitely not happening with Castile.

Anyway... I hope you enjoy it!
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    Petit Matin
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Interlude Man
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Prada L'Homme
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Hanae Mori H.M. (EDT)
    Green Irish Tweed
    Aqua Universalis

vintage givenchy gentleman & vintage herrera pour homme.
    Currently wearing: Good Life by Davidoff

Roja Dove Amber Aoud for me. Its still the best fragrance ive smelled that i never get tired of.

m7-yves-saint-laurent.jpg

Vintage YSL M7: love everything about it, scent itself, ad campaign and all the fuss about nudity, sleek bottle design, overall decadent feeling of the YSL house and I love the name M7 - seventh male fragrance in line, simple and genial.

And it's kind of cool that it is discontinued, you have to do some work to obtain a bottle)

Oud 27 by LeLabo. I love oud, and my lady loves it!
    Currently wearing: Arabian Wood by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Can't really pick just one, but it's between Eau Sauvage, Avon Black Suede, Azzaro Pour Homme, Aramis, and Eternity for Men.
    Apparently I'm not allowed to put on Black Suede (current formulation) in my girlfriends presence.. all she gets is baby wipes! (will definitely need to get a vintage cologne eventually, the vintage aftershave is nice, but seems unfocused)
    Currently wearing: Tom Ford Noir by Tom Ford

Calvin by Calvin Klein. Just checks all the boxes for me, Musk, Patch and Sandalwood in a soapy package. A wonderful blend.
    Currently wearing: Tom Ford Noir by Tom Ford

Baccarat Rouge 540.

It is so simple yet so complex at the same time, it is intense yet fleeting, sweet yet woody.

When I wear it I feel like I am covering myself in some kind of bottled magic or sorcery.

Masterpiece from a very talented guy.

Probably vintage Yohji Homme. It's not what I wear the most these days, but I freak out every single time I put it on. I just can't wrap my head around how complex it is. There are varying textures, so many things going on at once, and it morphs from one note to another every few minutes. It's really a symphony and I totally understand why Luca Turin freaked out the first time he smelled it.

My holy grail for years was Invasion Barbare but my tastes have changed considerably since then.

I think the fragrance I've worn the most to this day is Angeliques sous la Pluie - it fits every situation, it's so easy to wear and just feels like fresh rain, or gin. I'm lucky that my skin doesn't eat up fragrances - I've had more compliments on AslP than any other fragrance I own, and it's probably the lightest one I own. My signature scent, if I ever had one.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Super Member notspendingamillion's Avatar

I'm gonna go with Sauvage EDP. Smells slightly spicier than the edt. Very fresh. Persistent. I have no worries about performance. It's like a set it and forget it fragrance. Plus, I do love the smell when it dries. Wife loves it (as much as she loves any scent). Sometimes I think my tastes are moving away from it, but then I wear it again and love it again. Never regret smelling this way.

Close runner up is Fahrenheit EDT. This is my favorite smell. If I could get some better longevity out of this one it would be number one. But, alas, it languishes at number 2.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.