Code of Conduct
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26
Results 751 to 780 of 780
  1. #751

    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    16,902
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by Benz3ne View Post
    I inundated it with 'Caution - is this package damaged?' print tape. I'd imagine 'fragile' tape would also tick the same box. It was sent as tracked and signed though that is perhaps overkill and the contents were *ahem* 'calibrated laboratory glassware'. I've found that this description has also helped me send larger decants through Royal Mail also.
    Cool, thanks! Did you pack them in a box or just a jiffy bag?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ashoka by Neela Vermeire

  2. #752
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    1,267

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Cool, thanks! Did you pack them in a box or just a jiffy bag?
    It was bubble wrap inside a recycled Amazon cardboard 'envelope' box thing. Fitted nicely and gave some extra rigidity.

  3. #753
    Dependent
    Zephyr1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,663

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Rogue 40

    smells like plastic initially - not a fan. moves into a nondescript floral - not necessarily bad, but I really cannot pick out the notes. I get a hint of something citrus, but it is very faint. There is an "almost gourmand" situation going on here - but other than "sweet" I do not know what it is. I am not sure if I used too little, or if the scent is meant to be light and airy. May re-try tomorrow.

    Flos Mortis

    WOW! Super heavy with immediate projection! Smells like a dentist office! I mean, EXACTLY like my dentists' office! I can almost smell the novocaine! I'm honestly nauseous from the scent - not sure if its a bad memory pairing, but I really do NOT like this. The combo of rubber/plastic that lies underneath a BRIGHT artificial smelling mint has me thinking of this in neon yellow - not sure why LOL! For those who like their fragrances to take them to a place/feeling, this might be one to consider - definitely weird!
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

  4. #754

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Creed time! Now interestingly I rarely pay attention to Creed as a brand, probably because I once was talking to a sales lady at the Diptyque counter at my favourite department store, when two young men showed up, made a bee line for the adjacent Creed counter, and pretty much bumped the sales lady out of the way. Then one of the two started to (loudly) convince the other that he HAD to get some Aventus, for reasons that I won't repeat here (you probably get the gist). It was kind of sweet, in a way; bro #1 sharing his secret weapon with bro #2, but it did leave me with the feeling that this brand was probably for me. Time to set aside my prejudice and try some stuff!

    Bayrhum Vetiver: I like this! It is a very simple, straightforward bay fragrance; sweet, deep green, with that slight lemony edge that freshly picked bay leaves have. I got none of the eponymous vetiver though, and since I was in the mood for vetiver that day I decided to layer Chanel's Sycomore (EdT) over it, and then I LOVED it! What a great combination! I advice everyone who has both of these fragrances to try them together, you can thank me later.

    Vintage Tabaróme Nice, I see the resemblance with Tabac Vert; there's a similar herbal sweetness and vintage vibe. The Creed is much stronger, a little sharper, and more monolithic though, and lacks the evocativeness and delicate layers of TV. I prefer the Rogue offering, but the Creed is still quite nice.

    Aubépine-Acacia: Lots of bright yellow lemon, tinged with bitter green galbanum and pollen laden flowers. Spring like, vibrant, and a little bit old school with its bitter edges. It reminds me somewhat of Diorella, and I enjoy wearing this.

    Verveine Narcisse: Light, semi-sweet, semi-bitter, salty and herbal. I don't get much in the way of flowers here. It's not a scent I gravitate towards, but it's pleasant enough.

    I've sent the samples on to StellaDiverFlynn.

  5. #755
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    39,383

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr1973 View Post

    Flos Mortis

    WOW! Super heavy with immediate projection! Smells like a dentist office! I mean, EXACTLY like my dentists' office! I can almost smell the novocaine! I'm honestly nauseous from the scent - not sure if its a bad memory pairing, but I really do NOT like this. The combo of rubber/plastic that lies underneath a BRIGHT artificial smelling mint has me thinking of this in neon yellow - not sure why LOL! For those who like their fragrances to take them to a place/feeling, this might be one to consider - definitely weird!
    A dentist office? That's definitely a first. I found this one to be very difficult to wear and yes its definitely polarizing.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Woto by Deviline

  6. #756
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    39,383

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    Creed time! Now interestingly I rarely pay attention to Creed as a brand, probably because I once was talking to a sales lady at the Diptyque counter at my favourite department store, when two young men showed up, made a bee line for the adjacent Creed counter, and pretty much bumped the sales lady out of the way. Then one of the two started to (loudly) convince the other that he HAD to get some Aventus, for reasons that I won't repeat here (you probably get the gist). It was kind of sweet, in a way; bro #1 sharing his secret weapon with bro #2, but it did leave me with the feeling that this brand was probably for me. Time to set aside my prejudice and try some stuff!

    Bayrhum Vetiver: I like this! It is a very simple, straightforward bay fragrance; sweet, deep green, with that slight lemony edge that freshly picked bay leaves have. I got none of the eponymous vetiver though, and since I was in the mood for vetiver that day I decided to layer Chanel's Sycomore (EdT) over it, and then I LOVED it! What a great combination! I advice everyone who has both of these fragrances to try them together, you can thank me later.

    Vintage Tabaróme Nice, I see the resemblance with Tabac Vert; there's a similar herbal sweetness and vintage vibe. The Creed is much stronger, a little sharper, and more monolithic though, and lacks the evocativeness and delicate layers of TV. I prefer the Rogue offering, but the Creed is still quite nice.

    Aubépine-Acacia: Lots of bright yellow lemon, tinged with bitter green galbanum and pollen laden flowers. Spring like, vibrant, and a little bit old school with its bitter edges. It reminds me somewhat of Diorella, and I enjoy wearing this.

    Verveine Narcisse: Light, semi-sweet, semi-bitter, salty and herbal. I don't get much in the way of flowers here. It's not a scent I gravitate towards, but it's pleasant enough.

    I've sent the samples on to StellaDiverFlynn.
    A great set of reviews Yellowtone

    These Creed you won't find at the counters anymore. It's a shame that these classics can no longer be made. I'm glad you enjoyed some of these rarities.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Woto by Deviline

  7. #757
    Dependent
    Zephyr1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,663

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    A dentist office? That's definitely a first. I found this one to be very difficult to wear and yes its definitely polarizing.
    LOL! And I'm a tuberose whore! I have worked with the raw material a ton, so this was truly shocking when I read up on it! I have done my best not to read much on the notes before testing - just to see what I REALLY smell!
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

  8. #758
    Newbie
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    14,785

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Hmm. Thus far the impressions on Flos Mortis and 40 Rogue were nowhere near exciting enough to loosen my purse strings and acquire some samples. Perhaps Manuel had picked a tricky number to ‘revive’? But I am curious to know which particular discontinued fragrance is of interest to the BN community for the next Rogue Revival project.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

  9. #759
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    39,383

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Hmm. Thus far the impressions on Flos Mortis and 40 Rogue were nowhere near exciting enough to loosen my purse strings and acquire some samples. Perhaps Manuel had picked a tricky number to ‘revive’? But I am curious to know which particular discontinued fragrance is of interest to the BN community for the next Rogue Revival project.
    I can say that Manny is all ears when it comes to suggestions from the BN community.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Woto by Deviline

  10. #760
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    39,383

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr1973 View Post
    LOL! And I'm a tuberose whore! I have worked with the raw material a ton, so this was truly shocking when I read up on it! I have done my best not to read much on the notes before testing - just to see what I REALLY smell!
    Did you enjoy Champs Lunaires? That was Manny's other tuberose based creation. It was a lot brighter and pleasant, that one I enjoyed a lot more.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Woto by Deviline

  11. #761
    Super Member Sisyphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Arnhem
    Posts
    188

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    My small notes on the second sample pack I bought:

    Flos Mortis -> Heavy and dark tuberose. Came across very gothic to me. Not my style, but then again also didn't expected it would be (just wanted to sample it).

    Derviche -> I really like this one, but don't love it (like I thought I would). The note list was right up my alley, and it's blended very well, but I think there is something in the thickness/denseness in the fragrance that just doesn't sit with me quite well. I also have this with quite some few Serge Lutens and some classic Hermes scents. It's bugging me that I'm not experienced enough to pinpoint exactly what it is that is putting off, but something does.

    Champ Lunaires -> A very lovely and summery tuberose. This really did put a smile upon my face. Not something I would wear myself, but love to smell this on my wife.

    40 Rogue -> My expectations where a bit tempered by the mixed reviews I read, but this was without a doubt the best of this bunch for me. Super elegant and oldskool smelling, this really clicked with me. Somewhere during the wearing I couldn't help thinking "This is how I wanted Aramis 900 to smell like!!". I really respect that fragrance, but there the rose/carnation combo is a little to overpoweringd, making that scent just not wearable for me. Here the rose/carnation combo is just perfect. For some reason this fragrance has something about it that just screams sophistication and elegance to me. Silage and projection are also perfect I think. Noticeable, but definitely not too heavy. Together with Chypre Siam this is an absolute winner for me.

  12. #762

    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    16,902
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Flos Mortis:

    This is sweeter & far less challengingly morbid than l was led to expect by the reviews here so far. For me it's a gently indolic jasmine with a minty edge, & to begin with l have to inhale deeply to detect the leather & mothball effect. The redcurrant isn't obvious, but l think this is what serves to lend a fruity sweetness to the mix. l don't read it as tuberose either, & l see that tuberose isn't even listed among the notes here on basenotes. After the first five minutes, the mothball accord strengthens, but the projection is low on me, & Mr teardrop doesn't even comment on it - l felt sure he would loathe this! Two hours in, the mothballs recede, & osmanthus adds a note of creamy fruitiness, still going when it all begins to fade at the five-hour mark.

    l'm left wondering what all the fuss is about. Sure, there's a vaguely gothic feel to this, but l'm sure anyone who enjoys Tubereuse Criminelle would love it, & l prefer it to Champs Lunaires, despite the latter having my favourite note of gardenia among its notes. l'm also rather taken by the pretty coral pink colour of the juice. Nothing morbid about that!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ashoka by Neela Vermeire

  13. #763
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    39,383

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    My small notes on the second sample pack I bought:

    Flos Mortis -> Heavy and dark tuberose. Came across very gothic to me. Not my style, but then again also didn't expected it would be (just wanted to sample it).

    Derviche -> I really like this one, but don't love it (like I thought I would). The note list was right up my alley, and it's blended very well, but I think there is something in the thickness/denseness in the fragrance that just doesn't sit with me quite well. I also have this with quite some few Serge Lutens and some classic Hermes scents. It's bugging me that I'm not experienced enough to pinpoint exactly what it is that is putting off, but something does.

    Champ Lunaires -> A very lovely and summery tuberose. This really did put a smile upon my face. Not something I would wear myself, but love to smell this on my wife.

    40 Rogue -> My expectations where a bit tempered by the mixed reviews I read, but this was without a doubt the best of this bunch for me. Super elegant and oldskool smelling, this really clicked with me. Somewhere during the wearing I couldn't help thinking "This is how I wanted Aramis 900 to smell like!!". I really respect that fragrance, but there the rose/carnation combo is a little to overpoweringd, making that scent just not wearable for me. Here the rose/carnation combo is just perfect. For some reason this fragrance has something about it that just screams sophistication and elegance to me. Silage and projection are also perfect I think. Noticeable, but definitely not too heavy. Together with Chypre Siam this is an absolute winner for me.
    I can definitely agree with you on 3 out of the 4. For Derviche, give it some time. I didn't quite warm up to it immediately. It took me a couple of wearing to come around and appreciate it. 40 Rogue and Chypre-Siam were winners for me.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Woto by Deviline

  14. #764
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    39,383

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Flos Mortis:

    This is sweeter & far less challengingly morbid than l was led to expect by the reviews here so far. For me it's a gently indolic jasmine with a minty edge, & to begin with l have to inhale deeply to detect the leather & mothball effect. The redcurrant isn't obvious, but l think this is what serves to lend a fruity sweetness to the mix. l don't read it as tuberose either, & l see that tuberose isn't even listed among the notes here on basenotes. After the first five minutes, the mothball accord strengthens, but the projection is low on me, & Mr teardrop doesn't even comment on it - l felt sure he would loathe this! Two hours in, the mothballs recede, & osmanthus adds a note of creamy fruitiness, still going when it all begins to fade at the five-hour mark.

    l'm left wondering what all the fuss is about. Sure, there's a vaguely gothic feel to this, but l'm sure anyone who enjoys Tubereuse Criminelle would love it, & l prefer it to Champs Lunaires, despite the latter having my favourite note of gardenia among its notes. l'm also rather taken by the pretty coral pink colour of the juice. Nothing morbid about that!

    teardrop, could this be the one for you (or Derviche)? I really tried hard to like this one but it's just too strong and dark for me. Champs Lunaires would be my preference even though it's not something I'd feel comfortable wearing openly.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Woto by Deviline

  15. #765

    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    16,902
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    teardrop, could this be the one for you (or Derviche)? I really tried hard to like this one but it's just too strong and dark for me. Champs Lunaires would be my preference even though it's not something I'd feel comfortable wearing openly.
    Actually no, it's too fruity for my taste. lt's just not as horrendous as l thought it would be.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ashoka by Neela Vermeire

  16. #766

    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    16,902
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    40 Rogue:

    l get a lightly aldehydic opening with a brief whiff of fruit, herbs (mainly tarragon) & a pronounced note of menthol. This is supported by floral notes of carnation & narcissus, & an animalic note wafting up from the base. Over the first hour, the menthol slowly dies down, before a sweet, powdery heliotrope comes into play, followed by moss. Four hours in, it's warm, sweet, mossy & ambery, but retains that menthol-like freshness when sniffed up close. At this point the already moderate projection has receded quite close to the skin.

    l haven't tried the original 40 Love fragrance on which this is based, so l can't comment on any similarities. lt's rather too retro in style for my personal taste, but it is an interesting mix of clean & dirty notes.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ashoka by Neela Vermeire

  17. #767
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    39,383

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    A new article from Manny:

    Two brand new fragrances coming this fall as well as both Chypre-Siam being offered in a concentrated parfum oil and a tuberose parfum oil.

    https://rogueperfumery.com/2019/08/0...other-goodies/
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Woto by Deviline

  18. #768
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    39,383

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    40 Rogue:

    l get a lightly aldehydic opening with a brief whiff of fruit, herbs (mainly tarragon) & a pronounced note of menthol. This is supported by floral notes of carnation & narcissus, & an animalic note wafting up from the base. Over the first hour, the menthol slowly dies down, before a sweet, powdery heliotrope comes into play, followed by moss. Four hours in, it's warm, sweet, mossy & ambery, but retains that menthol-like freshness when sniffed up close. At this point the already moderate projection has receded quite close to the skin.

    l haven't tried the original 40 Love fragrance on which this is based, so l can't comment on any similarities. lt's rather too retro in style for my personal taste, but it is an interesting mix of clean & dirty notes.
    This one definitely has the retro feel. It has a masculine presence, I can envision myself at the barbershop or at the gentlemens department, specifically formal attire, of a department store when I wear this.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Woto by Deviline

  19. #769

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    A new article from Manny:

    Two brand new fragrances coming this fall as well as both Chypre-Siam being offered in a concentrated parfum oil and a tuberose parfum oil.

    https://rogueperfumery.com/2019/08/0...other-goodies/
    I’m very excited about the perfume oils and the to be named naturals.
    ”I want all the perfumes”
    Currently wearing: Sweet Honesty by Avon

  20. #770

    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    16,902
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Creed Scent of Oger:

    The opening is a bracing, refreshing blast of citrus, Juicy Fruit gum & young, green leaves, dying down swiftly into a more sour/bitter accord. This accord reminds me somewhat of disinfectant, perhaps Dettol, or TCP if anyone remembers that. Over the next three hours, there's a herbal note, then some moss and/or vetiver, before it all softens into an unexpectedly sweet-spicy base. Seven hours in it's fading out.

    This isn't my kind of fragrance, but l enjoyed that opening blast, & there's some interesting contrasts here to keep it from being just another citrussy summer cologne.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ashoka by Neela Vermeire

  21. #771
    Newbie
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    14,785

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Just a heads up for fans of Rogue Perfumery, straight from Manny the man himself:-

    1. Rogue will be running a Labour Day sale with 20% Discount beginning 31st August.

    2. There’ll be a NEW Rogue coming out this fall: a natural-based chypre named Flora & Fauna.


    He will include a sample with my latest Rogue purchase. Will post my thoughts as soon as I sampled it.

    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

  22. #772
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    39,383

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Just a heads up for fans of Rogue Perfumery, straight from Manny the man himself:-

    1. Rogue will be running a Labour Day sale with 20% Discount beginning 31st August.

    2. There’ll be a NEW Rogue coming out this fall: a natural-based chypre named Flora & Fauna.


    He will include a sample with my latest Rogue purchase. Will post my thoughts as soon as I sampled it.


    Is it different to the one that is listed on the ETSY website: Rogue Perfumery- Save 10% with Two 30ml Bottles - $135.00

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/7304168...active_1&frs=1


    Flora & Fauna will probably be in the next extended sample pass I can't wait to hear more about it.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Woto by Deviline

  23. #773
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tracks, Wrong Side of
    Posts
    5,321

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Just a heads up for fans of Rogue Perfumery, straight from Manny the man himself:-

    1. Rogue will be running a Labour Day sale with 20% Discount beginning 31st August.
    Just in time for the end of no-buy August!
    Before the leaves fall, an all-green September:
    Aromatics Elixir / Azuree / Corsica Furiosa / Cristalle / Eau du Sud / Eau Sauvage / Iskander / Ivoire, 1980 / Ivoire, 2012 / Le Canotier / Ninfeo Mio / No. 19 / Prince de Galles Sport / Route de Vetiver / Safari / Silences / Sud Est / Tiare / Vent Vert / Vetiver de Guerlain / Vetiverus / Vert de Acampora

  24. #774
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    39,383

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Just in time for the end of no-buy August!
    More Rogue fragrances for cook.bot, the enablement vortex spins
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Woto by Deviline

  25. #775
    Newbie
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    14,785

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Is it different to the one that is listed on the ETSY website: Rogue Perfumery- Save 10% with Two 30ml Bottles - $135.00

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/7304168...active_1&frs=1
    Yes it’s different. I’d taken the ‘10% off for 2 x 30 ml’ deal when Manny refunded an extra 10% saying he didn’t want me to miss out on the 20% discount deal he’s planning to run from 31 August. Is he a stand up guy or what?!
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

  26. #776

    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    16,902
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Angelique Encens by Creed:

    For me the first ten minutes are piercingly sharp. The impression is of aldehydes, but perhaps it's the angelica. l've only ever smelled the candied variety used for cake decoration, so l couldn't say for sure. After this, it settles into a more pleasantly earthy, herbal thing with a vanilla sweetness running through it. There's a white floral accord here, mostly tuberose, & a powdery incense. One hour in, there's a salty, savoury ambergris, & another hour later, the base is a sweet, woody, powdery amber. The projection is low to moderate after that opening blast, & five hours in it's still going softly.

    This has a retro feel, yet at the same time the vanilla adds a touch of modernity, & there's none of the "turned" feel that l sometimes get from vintage-style fragrances. The herbal notes give it a coldness, & yet there's a warmth to it, especially in the drydown. These contrasts certainly make this an interesting fragrance, & aside from the opening, l'm rather enjoying this one.

    That wraps up my contribution to this part of the pass, & l'll be sending these on to yellowtone, just as soon as she PMs me her address. Sorry l hung on to these for so long - again!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ashoka by Neela Vermeire

  27. #777

    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    16,902
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    The package is on its way to yellowtone as of this morning. Fingers crossed that this one arrives intact!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ashoka by Neela Vermeire

  28. #778
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    39,383

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Angelique Encens by Creed:

    For me the first ten minutes are piercingly sharp. The impression is of aldehydes, but perhaps it's the angelica. l've only ever smelled the candied variety used for cake decoration, so l couldn't say for sure. After this, it settles into a more pleasantly earthy, herbal thing with a vanilla sweetness running through it. There's a white floral accord here, mostly tuberose, & a powdery incense. One hour in, there's a salty, savoury ambergris, & another hour later, the base is a sweet, woody, powdery amber. The projection is low to moderate after that opening blast, & five hours in it's still going softly.

    This has a retro feel, yet at the same time the vanilla adds a touch of modernity, & there's none of the "turned" feel that l sometimes get from vintage-style fragrances. The herbal notes give it a coldness, & yet there's a warmth to it, especially in the drydown. These contrasts certainly make this an interesting fragrance, & aside from the opening, l'm rather enjoying this one.

    That wraps up my contribution to this part of the pass, & l'll be sending these on to yellowtone, just as soon as she PMs me her address. Sorry l hung on to these for so long - again!
    A wonderful review teardrop I'm glad you enjoyed Angelique Encens, it's one of my all time favorite Creeds and Jon's too.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Woto by Deviline

  29. #779

    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    16,902
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Thanks N.CAL, & thanks again for letting us try these!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ashoka by Neela Vermeire

  30. #780
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    39,383

    Default Re: Sample Pass: Rogue Perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Thanks N.CAL, & thanks again for letting us try these!
    Hopefully you'll consider a Rogue bottle at some point. Maybe Derviche?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Woto by Deviline




Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Similar Threads

  1. Sample Pass: THE ZOO
    By N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 354
    Last Post: 24th August 2019, 06:01 PM
  2. Immortelle: mini pass the sample/sample giveaway
    By cacio in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 18th December 2018, 08:53 PM
  3. Sample Pass: Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Soul Quintessential Collection Fragrances and Extra Sample.
    By N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 31st October 2017, 01:10 PM
  4. I'll pass on the Habit Rouge
    By scentimus in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26th February 2010, 10:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000