Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Caron Yatagan is it worth adding to my wardrobe, anything nicer IYO?

H
    Quote Originally Posted by ScentDane View Post
    To all the Yatagan owners, when/where do you wear it?
    I typically apply after a shower and a few sprays to my chest...

Joking aside, usually evenings and weekends in casual settings.
    Last edited by SkiDawg; 16th January 2019 at 01:23 AM.

Default Re: Caron Yatagan is it worth adding to my wardrobe, anything nicer IYO?

Quote Originally Posted by Funwithfrags View Post
    Not professional or nice, but useful for when you want to declare, in Kenneth Williams style, "I'm a man, and I'll prove it, d'you hear, prove it!"
    Yeah this is my impression of Yatagan as well. Khal Drogo would wear this.
    While I don't wear it that often, I don't regret purchasing it, since it was a decent price. Same price now as I recall about 10+ years ago if you're buying from a discounter online.
    In rotation: YSL PH HC, Devin, Aramis 900, Halston 1-12, CdNIM, Helmut Lang Cologne, et al.

It's the type of fragrance that I will own, but not use. Thus it's better to get yourself a miniture or a sample.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by DanHD View Post
    Definitely on Yatagan Day (when is it this year?). I think of it as a year-round scent. I wear it on Fridays and weekends.
    Wearing it today. I honestly don't know if I'm up for a full wear. It's like watching a sleeping viper wake up, look at you, and slowly start to uncoil, eying you with a sly smile.
    Currently wearing: Gold Man by Amouage

I have a lot of errands to run today, and decided to do a Yatagan out-and-about experiment. Wore it loud and proud. Within an hour I have had three unsolicited compliments plus a thumbs up from my wife. This is unprecedented for me. I get unsolicited compliments very rarely and they are usually predictable.

Today:
    -As soon as I walked in the room, my 13 yr old socially popular athlete son, who rarely compliments (but often lambasts) fragrances piped up and said "Dad, you smell GOOD."

-Walked into the Verizon store and the lady at the front counter (50-ish I would guess) immediately said "You smell nice this morning."

-The young woman (30-ish) who helped me with my account said, "You smell really good. Wow."

So a wide age variety, different social groups, etc. I may be sporting this more often. Seems it works on me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SharptoothC View Post
    I have a lot of errands to run today, and decided to do a Yatagan out-and-about experiment. Wore it loud and proud. Within an hour I have had three unsolicited compliments plus a thumbs up from my wife. This is unprecedented for me. I get unsolicited compliments very rarely and they are usually predictable.

Today:
    -As soon as I walked in the room, my 13 yr old socially popular athlete son, who rarely compliments (but often lambasts) fragrances piped up and said "Dad, you smell GOOD."

-Walked into the Verizon store and the lady at the front counter (50-ish I would guess) immediately said "You smell nice this morning."

-The young woman (30-ish) who helped me with my account said, "You smell really good. Wow."

So a wide age variety, different social groups, etc. I may be sporting this more often. Seems it works on me.

Are you using the current available Yatagan?

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Are you using the current available Yatagan?
    I assume so. It was purchased last year at a local cologne shop.

I found Yatagan an unusual scent which I quite liked.
    My wife dislikes it intensely - reminds her of the elephant or rhino enclosure at the zoo.
    Regards,
    Renato

Partly inspired by this discussion, I wore Yatagan yesterday. I got into a Lyft with a friend and right away the driver said, “ooh which of you smells good?” and my friend wasn’t wearing any fragrance, so...

I really do enjoy Yatagan’s dark, pine-rich, bitter, warm mystery. The overall effect is natural, as in of nature, since it evokes woods and forests so well. I doubt most find it “cologne-like” in the sense of the keening or chemical-smelling notes that dominate a lot of mainstream designer stuff, so despite it being pretty different when it came out, I don’t think this is “challenging” in the sense that it’s going to offend people. Quite the contrary.