Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default My Armaf CDNIM has finally finished

To start, I just want to say I love Aventus, I have a 15R01 bottle with probably around 70ml remaining. I have a bit of a hoarding habit, I worry about reformulations etc so I like my perfumes to last so usually stop using them with about 15-20ml left, am I strange? Probably. Given the price tag of Aventus, it's nothing different, I tend to wear it on special occasions/weddings etc.

I heard about CDNIM being a clone, I blind bought it (in 2017) and it really wow'd me about how similar it is to Aventus. I thought this is great for general use given the price. Don't get me wrong, Aventus is in it's own world, the blending is just beautiful and untouchable but I loved how CDNIM gave a similar vibe and on its own merits was a great fragrance!

But anyways, as of this morning my CDNIM has finished..

Before I purchase a new one, I was wondering about possible different options.

- I've heard about Supremacy Silver by Afnan and L'Aventure by Al Haramain. How would people rate these differently to CDNIM and compared to Aventus?

- I've heard about people layering Demeter Pineapple with CDNIM, does it make a pleasant difference, given that CDNIM is more on the citrus side? How do you go about layering?

Apologies if this has been asked plenty of times or is a noob question on layering. Appreciate the advice guys Thanks!

Default Re: My Armaf CDNIM has finally finished

parfums vintage pineapple intense or imperor

got a 5ml of l'aventure otw too

I honestly think CDNIM has a similar vibe to Aventus, but is very different. People praise more L'aventure so I would go for that. On a more expensive note, Parfums Vintage emperor seem to fit the bill more since u still get the pineapple.

CDNIM is good, the only other I’ve found worthy is Micallef Royal Vintage

Basenotes Member

Thanks for the response guys. I might check out the others real soon.

In regards to layering, how would you guys do CDNIM with Demeter Pjneapple? 1 spray of Demeter then immediate 2 sprays of CDNIM or 1:1 or wait until it's dry?

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by aj525 View Post
    In regards to layering, how would you guys do CDNIM with Demeter Pjneapple? 1 spray of Demeter then immediate 2 sprays of CDNIM or 1:1 or wait until it's dry?

Hey all, anyone with advice on this? Sorry I'm a complete noob when it comes to layering

Dependent

Demeter Pineapple is nowhere near the top note of Aventus which is a combination of blackcurrant apple and pineapple blended masterfully, not to mention the middle notes that are noticeable upon first spray of Aventus, it's better to just wear CDNIM by itself if you already like it.

The only other fragrance I own that captures the zesty perfectly blended fruit is Dior Homme Sport, but it's quite a bit brighter and more of a Sprinig/Summer scent.

Yep, totally with you on that point, SharpLess.
    Demeter Pineapple just doesn't do it if you want those top notes of Aventus. The fruity opening of Aventus consists of a lot more ACs, and using only one pineapple oil or pineapple cologne doesn't help there, nonetheless it may give CDNIM a better opening for some people. I don't like layering any scent because it seems to be very hard to blend in with the original fragrance. I would always prefer wearing CDNIM without anything added, because although its harsh in the opening, it mellows out rather quickly and you are left with that dark-ish, smoky scent. And for me, the scent trail of CDNIM is the main player.

Quote Originally Posted by aj525 View Post
    Hey all, anyone with advice on this? Sorry I'm a complete noob when it comes to layering
    So I been applying pretty heavily this wonderful cdnim for the last 18 months both the old version that was made in UAE and the newer made in France.
    Since I found the newer less smoki and more citrusy and with weaker performance I decided to try and apply ascentric molecule 01 and after a minute or two I sprayed cdnim and I gotta say it did uplifted it and gave it a darker and deeper vibe that lasted for a long time . Give it a chance if it's possible and let me know your opinion about it.
    "The ladies opinion is what really matters "
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Basenotes Member

Thanks guys - I bought CDNIM without anything else and started wearing as it is. Still getting compliments so leaving the scent in its own right sounds more sensible to me than trying to create something new. I agree though I don't smell too much pineapple in my Aventus (2015 batch)