Code of Conduct

Default Pretty please,can you guys help me with a batch code for a Christian Dior product..

I have the chance to buy some vintage Christain Dior Fahrenheit..a batch from 1991.Now the thing is a IFRS regulation restricting OAKMOSS to .6% came into effect that year.Now does anyone know what month that could of been??I wrote an email to them asking if they could provide some info on that but i doubt they will respond.I also would like to know with the batch code 1H217 if any of you know what month this came into production as well.As many have said before fahrenheit between the years 1988-1992 was FANTASTIC..and after that it started to go downhill.I think this has to do with the oakmoss restriction and if someone could help me out with this it would be extremely appreciated!!!!Thanks!!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Pretty please,can you guys help me with a batch code for a Christian Dior product..

Fahrenheit up until about 2002 is excellent, and would be considered "vintage" in my opinion. I haven't noticed any difference from release to then. After that though things take a turn for the worse. Reports are that 2018 batches are returning to some semblance of their original glory though.

Here's one primer on the subject.

http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...es-review.html
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Default Re: Pretty please,can you guys help me with a batch code for a Christian Dior product..

Raidersofthelostscentblogspot.....how to recognise Dior
    All you need to know...

Quote Originally Posted by annetteo View Post
    Raidersofthelostscentblogspot.....how to recognise Dior
    All you need to know...
    That's where i got my info.In 91(early or late..I don't know) restrictions on oakmoss came into effect so it's safe to say it was reformulated..but when.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    Fahrenheit up until about 2002 is excellent, and would be considered "vintage" in my opinion. I haven't noticed any difference from release to then. After that though things take a turn for the worse. Reports are that 2018 batches are returning to some semblance of their original glory though.

Here's one primer on the subject.

http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...es-review.html
    Can you tell me where you heard about the 2018's resembling the vintage ones..

Basenotes Plus

Here.

You can search and find it easily.

I wouldn't be concerned at all with 1991 recommendations. Fahrenheit was fine until about 2002. The restrictions that came in in the early part of the decade (2014?) were much more problematic.
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Quote Originally Posted by rickyboy View Post
    I have the chance to buy some vintage Christain Dior Fahrenheit..a batch from 1991.Now the thing is a IFRS regulation restricting OAKMOSS to .6% came into effect that year.Now does anyone know what month that could of been??I wrote an email to them asking if they could provide some info on that but i doubt they will respond.I also would like to know with the batch code 1H217 if any of you know what month this came into production as well.As many have said before fahrenheit between the years 1988-1992 was FANTASTIC..and after that it started to go downhill.I think this has to do with the oakmoss restriction and if someone could help me out with this it would be extremely appreciated!!!!Thanks!!
    there is absolutely nothing to worry about batch from 1991.
    it was all good up to around 2010-2011.
    still need to try that 2018, but in my opinion very unlikely to be close to the original.
    i have read some users who try it say it is, but some of them say so for the parfum too
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1977 - Snuff by Schiaparelli
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    1987 - Lapidus Pour Homme
    1981 - Quorum Antonio Puig
    1985 - Derby de Guerlain
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum
    1987 - Ho Hang Club Balenciaga

Fahrenheit in its current version is good, reminds me instantly of why I used to like it so much back in the early 90s.

2016 - 2018 have the same formula code IIRC. No need to track down a 2018 if discounters have 2016/17.
    Currently wearing: Acqua Viva by Profumum