Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Fragrances your Spouse/Partner Hate

Thankfully only Tom Ford’s Black Orchid.
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique díOrient
    2.LíHeure Perdue
    3.Le Monarque II/Argentium Halo De Lune/Sultanate Of Oman
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly
    6.LíHeure Mysterieuse/Au Hasard
    7.Al-Khatt/Prolixe
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic
    10.Dhajala/Fidelis/Misia Eau de Parfum

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by Tradition View Post
    Eau d’Hermes
    No surprise. I've had a sample (from Purecaramel), and I really enjoyed wearing it. At the shop this weekend, it's one that we tested, and my date did not like it.

Gucci Guilty Absolute
    MFK Ciel de Gum

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Gucci Guilty Absolute
    For me:

Smelled from the bottle: not good
    Smelled on skin: she approves

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    No surprise. I've had a sample (from Purecaramel), and I really enjoyed wearing it. At the shop this weekend, it's one that we tested, and my date did not like it.
    I think it’s hard for most people to like Eau d’Hermes. More than that, I think Eau d’Hermes suits the personality of very few people. I am in the second camp where I really admire this fragrance, but it doesn’t suit my personality.

Basenotes Plus

Talking Re: Fragrances your Spouse/Partner Hate

I think itís hard for most people to like Eau díHermes. More than that, I think Eau díHermes suits the personality of very few people. I am in the second camp where I really admire this fragrance, but it doesnít suit my personality.
    I'm wearing an apparent 1989 Vintage of this and I would say that it is closer to what I imagine Roudnitska's original recipe. It opens with a beautiful Bergamot Citrus, Spices are more like a Masala of balanced Coriander, Cardamom and Cinnamon than the Cuminy Coppertop. The Animalic is Civety with whispers of Haliotosis. The Animalic provides a billow for the Floral, with the Signature "Roudnitska Citronellel" Lily of the Valley bouquet. Drydown is softer,prettier and naturally bloomed.

Coppertop 2001 is very good with it's Cumin and the 80's, well, it is just, better.

Current Contemporary is actually rougher and has a more vibrant, colourful opening, however it has more of a Castoreum animalic, which seems to accentuate the Jasmine
    and loses some it's dimensionality and longevity.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

Fortunately Eau d'Hermes is one my wife loves on me and I rather like it. That said I can totally see why it can be offputting, especially with a prominent cunin note and the most note separation I've encountered.
    In rotation: YSL PH HC, Bogart Citytower, Fahrenheit, Paco Rabanne PH, Escada Magnetism for Men, Halston 1-12
    Currently wearing: No. 19 by Chanel

Mine hates Mitsouko and Diorella.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

A good 80% of the decants/fragrances I own.

Her favorite in my collection are Santal 33, MIP and Bois d'Argent.

She hated Aventus. For this and other reasons I sold it. Luckily she is okay with PVI.
    Current favorites____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Bois d'Argent____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Millesime Imperial_____Edition Blanche_____Pineapple Vintage Intense____Nasomatto Pardon____Herod____Dior Homme/Intense/Parfum/Cologne_____Oud Wood_____GIT

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Gucci Guilty Absolute
    This is the only one that inspired a strong, almost irrational hatred in her. She was angry at Gucci for releasing it and angry at me for bringing a mere sample into the house, lol. Aside from that I'm lucky, she lets me wear my big 80s patchouli bombs and likes most of them.
    Currently wearing: Deep Forest by Bogner

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I think itís hard for most people to like Eau díHermes. More than that, I think Eau díHermes suits the personality of very few people. I am in the second camp where I really admire this fragrance, but it doesnít suit my personality.
    It's so painful to read this. But I guess I should be thankful, since it probably suppresses the price of the vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    Mine hates Mitsouko and Diorella.
    That really surprises me. I don't think I've ever heard of anybody actively disliking Diorella. It seems like such a cheerful, harmless scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    It's so painful to read this. But I guess I should be thankful, since it probably suppresses the price of the vintage.

That really surprises me. I don't think I've ever heard of anybody actively disliking Diorella. It seems like such a cheerful, harmless scent.
    I think it’s that slightly animalic aspect— what I refer to as “baby head smell.” Or it could be that my Diorella is the hologram/shadow Diorella from 2014. I want to try vintage, but I know I probably won’t look back and it’s already getting pricey. Maybe he’d enjoy the vintage?

I hate that he hates Mitsouko because there really isn’t anything like it.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

GPH and Egoiste

Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    I'm wearing an apparent 1989 Vintage of this and I would say that it is closer to what I imagine Roudnitska's original recipe. It opens with a beautiful Bergamot Citrus, Spices are more like a Masala of balanced Coriander, Cardamom and Cinnamon than the Cuminy Coppertop. The Animalic is Civety with whispers of Haliotosis. The Animalic provides a billow for the Floral, with the Signature "Roudnitska Citronellel" Lily of the Valley bouquet. Drydown is softer,prettier and naturally bloomed.

Coppertop 2001 is very good with it's Cumin and the 80's, well, it is just, better.

Current Contemporary is actually rougher and has a more vibrant, colourful opening, however it has more of a Castoreum animalic, which seems to accentuate the Jasmine
    and loses some it's dimensionality and longevity.
    Thanks for sharing the amazing description of pewter top Eau d’Hermes. I used to have decent quantities of vintage Eau d’Hermes and Bel Ami and wore Bel Ami as a signature scent for quite some time. Slowly I realized these fragrances wear me, rather than the other way around. Now I just keep a little quantity of these for reference purposes. However, I am also on a hunt to track down brass top Eau d’Hermes for a long time to complete my Eau d’Hermes journey. I wonder how different it will be from the pewter top, since pewter top is also quite different to the copper top.

On a separate note, I can see a pattern in your choice of fragrances i.e. Classic style, spicy and powdery fragrances in low to high intensity ranging from Eau d’Hermes, Chanel Pour Monsieur, Heritage to Bugatti.

All of them

My wife also dislikes Fahrenheit.

I am blessed, my hubby likes everything I wear. And if I don't like something I blind bought or got bored with I can pawn it off to him, even some of my challenging/floral "experiments" that are not office friendly. I'm not so nice though, I passionately hate his 1 Million and 1 hundred clones, like Antonio Banderas Golden Secret and Zara Gold, and the dreadful A&F gym colognes. But he doesn't know that )))