Code of Conduct

Thread: Galbex 183

Default Galbex 183

Does anyone know a source of small amounts of Galbex 183 in the USA? The only sources I have found are in Australia or in the Netherlands at De Hekserij (and I don't think they ship to the US).

I have several formulas that call for that base that I would like to try. I have substituted regular galbanum oil but I understand that Galbex is actually much stronger and with a greener character.

Also helpful: good substitutes for Galbex for those with the experience to make such recommendations?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Galbex 183

I think you could substitute Galbascone : Methyl Pamplemousse : Cyclogalbanate in a 3:1:1 ratio to sub for Galbex 183, as a rough approximation... Without me doing any testing for you...

But my last purchase of Galbex 183 was here:
    https://www.hekserij.nl/shop/parfum-...albex-183-fir/
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    I think you could substitute Galbascone : Methyl Pamplemousse : Cyclogalbanate in a 3:1:1 ratio to sub for Galbex 183, as a rough approximation... Without me doing any testing for you
    That is very helpful. Thanks Paul!
    Last edited by ajsanch; 17th January 2019 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    But my last purchase of Galbex 183 was here:
    https://www.hekserij.nl/shop/parfum-...albex-183-fir/
    I looked at their website a while back but I thought there were some issues with shipping to America. I guess I need to reexamine that
    Last edited by ajsanch; 17th January 2019 at 07:15 PM.

Perhaps someone knows, how much and what kind of difference there is between Galbanum Oil (Ferula Galbaniflua) and Galbex 183? I have Galbanum oil (b-piene 60%, carene 20%, a-piene 14% as main aroma chemicals). I'm putting together an order from Hekserij, but as it is already over 200 euros, I must choose carefully, what to add.

Basenotes Plus

Galbex 183 is more fruity, even pineapple-y, than the severe Galbanum EO.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by ajsanch View Post
    Does anyone know a source of small amounts of Galbex 183 in the USA? The only sources I have found are in Australia or in the Netherlands at De Hekserij (and I don't think they ship to the US).

I have several formulas that call for that base that I would like to try. I have substituted regular galbanum oil but I understand that Galbex is actually much stronger and with a greener character.

Also helpful: good substitutes for Galbex for those with the experience to make such recommendations?
    Galbex is more like neobutenone than galbanum EO. It is fruitier and, to my nose, less harsh and raw. In a way I would say that galbex is to galbanum as iso e super is to cedarwood or clearwood to patchouli.