Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CdG Vettiveru 2

Default CdG Vettiveru 2

Has anyone tried this yet? How does it compare to the original? Better / worse? Stronger? Longer lasting? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Default Re: CdG Vettiveru 2

Very interested to hear about this. Might check out the CDG boutiques when I’m back in Japan in a month or so.
    When I looked towards the end of last year the entire cologne series had disappeared from the boutiques.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    Very interested to hear about this. Might check out the CDG boutiques when Iím back in Japan in a month or so.
    When I looked towards the end of last year the entire cologne series had disappeared from the boutiques.
    Report back after you get to the boutique.

I recently saw it listed on Luckyscent.com. I liked the old formula when I had it, but it was very light and disappeared off my skin quickly. Per the site, it is a more concentrated formula. Curious to hear reviews from those who have tested it out.

Agree. Love the old formula, but still have half a bottle, so it will be interesting to see how it has changed. Last I looked only Vettiveru was getting the update.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.

Taking a break

What!? They made a new Vettiveru? I have to try this. I doubt I’ll get it though, I still have almost half a liter left in my huge bottle
    ďTo defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art.Ē
    Grand Admiral Thrawn

I could not C# so I got a byte from the Python
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Quote Originally Posted by NorstrÝm View Post
    What!? They made a new Vettiveru? I have to try this. I doubt Iíll get it though, I still have almost half a liter left in my huge bottle
    Yes. It is on Luckyscent.com. Not much info though. Would love to hear some real world feedback on this one. Though, it is tempting to just order it...

It's a reformulated version of the original apparently -- so not really a flanker

More concentrated sounds good -- I used to use about 25ml for a single spraying when I wore it before

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    It's a reformulated version of the original apparently -- so not really a flanker

More concentrated sounds good -- I used to use about 25ml for a single spraying when I wore it before
    LOL. I love sousing myself in it, especially in hot weather, although I find about 5 sprays will give me EdT like performance and longevity, so I’m not sure I need or want it to be any stronger.

Taking a break

LOL. I love sousing myself in it, especially in hot weather, although I find about 5 sprays will give me EdT like performance and longevity, so I’m not sure I need or want it to be any stronger.
    Ditto, a handful of sprays gives me more than adequate performance.
    ďTo defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art.Ē
    Grand Admiral Thrawn

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Need to remember to request this from Luckyscent as a free sample with my next purchase. Sounds interesting.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

If not now, when?

Didn't know this one got redone. Wow. One of my favorite vetivers.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Freed from BN Institution

Will this end up being available at retails like Barneys?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Seems it has the same bottle...

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
    Seems it has the same bottle...
    I don't think the original was made of glass? I may be wrong

Can't tell with this one yet

I just bought a secondhand bottle of Vettiveru but (shame!) I don't know if it's the original or the re-release. I will check and follow up. Whichever it was, it was excellent and surprisingly lasted all day. I'd only sampled from a dabber vial before, years ago, and was impressed based on that. Giving it a full wear was even more impressive.

Hoping it's the re-release! I good reintroduction is always welcome news.

[Edit: Mine's in a glass bottle, 125ml, and if the original was in fact only in plastic and the new one is only glass, that means it's new one. I see from the Luckyscent pic that the new one isn't actually labelled "Vettiveru 2," so that may be the answer.]
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Vťtiver by Creed

Taking a break

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    [Edit: Mine's in a glass bottle, 125ml, and if the original was in fact only in plastic and the new one is only glass, that means it's new one. I see from the Luckyscent pic that the new one isn't actually labelled "Vettiveru 2," so that may be the answer.]
    The old 500mL bottles were made of glass, and I believe the small bottles were as well.
    Grand Admiral Thrawn

The old 500mL bottles were made of glass, and I believe the small bottles were as well.
    Hmmm. Is the cap the difference? In many pictures online, the 125 ml bottles have a black cap. In the Vettiveru 2 pic from Luckyscent and on my bottle, it's a black sprayer with a clear cap.

Also, it seems that my version lasting all day is a point toward it being the newer one. I didn't realize increased longevity was a goal of the rerelease, per Kilgoret above.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 22nd January 2019 at 07:29 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Taking a break

Hmmm. Is the cap the difference? In many pictures online, the 125 ml bottles have a black cap. In the Vettiver 2 pic from Luckyscent and on my bottle, it's a black sprayer with a clear cap.

Also, it seems that my version lasting all day is a point toward it being the newer one. I didn't realized increased longevity was a goal of the rerelease, per Kilgoret above.
    I get solid performance from the old EdC, so I can’t help you in that regard, it just murkens the water even more.
    The cap is probably the difference, it definitely had a black cap before. Or maybe there were both clear and black it seems?
    Last edited by NorstrÝm; 28th January 2019 at 08:59 AM.
    Grand Admiral Thrawn

I get solid performance from the old EdC, so I can’t help you in that regard, it just murkens the water even more.
    The cap is probably the difference, it definitely had a black cap before.
    Alright, for future clarity let's call it unless further information comes to light: Assuming mine is the re-release, which I am until further notice, it's great and lasted all day!

So happy this wonderful fresh vetiver is available once again!

Taking a break

Alright, for future clarity let's call it unless further information comes to light: Assuming mine is the re-release, which I am until further notice, it's great and lasted all day!

So happy this wonderful fresh vetiver is available once again!
    Good to hear, especially for lovers of vetiver, affordable quality scents, the ones that got poor performance from the old one, and for you of course
    Grand Admiral Thrawn

Hmmm. Is the cap the difference? In many pictures online, the 125 ml bottles have a black cap. In the Vettiver 2 pic from Luckyscent and on my bottle, it's a black sprayer with a clear cap.

Also, it seems that my version lasting all day is a point toward it being the newer one. I didn't realize increased longevity was a goal of the rerelease, per Kilgoret above.
    It looks like I'm mistaken. There was something very basic about the original 125ml bottle which explained the cheapness - was about £25-30 I think. Maybe it was just the concentration of the juice.
    I hope Vettiveru 2 retains it's soapiness and doesn't veer towards 'green and clean'

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I hope Vettiveru 2 retains it's soapiness and doesn't veer towards 'green and clean'
    I would say both of those attributes apply, but I thought the same about the original. I wish I still had that sample of the original to compare!

My 125 ml bottle is glass and has a clear cap and black sprayer. There’s the possibility that Luckyscent is using a picture of the old bottle.

This seems to show the new bottle using the name Vettiveru 2
    https://www.beautyhabit.com/products...s-4-vettiveru2

If not now, when?

My 125 ml bottle is glass and has a clear cap and black sprayer. There’s the possibility that Luckyscent is using a picture of the old bottle.

This seems to show the new bottle using the name Vettiveru 2
    https://www.beautyhabit.com/products...s-4-vettiveru2
    OK yes - now I see the '2'. Thanks
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Well...I ordered it. I hopes itís still good, but longer lasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgoret78 View Post
    Well...I ordered it. I hopes it’s still good, but longer lasting.

Thanks for taking one for the team

Looking forward to reading your impressions.

I also picked up a 10 ml size of Mon Vetiver by Essential Parfums. I have not seen any reviews of that one yet. Sounds interesting. I just hope I did not make 2 mistakes. At least shipping was free.

Well, the package just came in the mail. Due to the polar vortex- it is freezing cold but in tact.

I put a few drops on my wrist (did not come with a separate sprayer attachment like the old bottle) and I have to say, it is very similar to the old formula.

Luckyscentís revised description appears accurate. It seems a bit richer, denser and stronger. Vetiver is a bit darker and more prominent. Itís comes across as less white floral than the old version to my nose.

All in all, I think it smells great. Looking forward to wearing this one all year.

Side note- I have been itching to get a bottle of Malleís Vetiver, and Vettiveru may have fulfilled the want and saved me some cash! Iíll have to see how it performs after a few wears.

Thanks to everyone who weighed in / participated in this thread.

Sounds nice, although more EdT than EDC in style. I liked the florals and the effect of spraying myself with copious amounts in really hot weather. I’ll still check it out if I can find it in store.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgoret78 View Post
    I also picked up a 10 ml size of Mon Vetiver by Essential Parfums. I have not seen any reviews of that one yet. Sounds interesting. I just hope I did not make 2 mistakes. At least shipping was free.

How's the Mon Vetiver?