Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Frank Zappa writes commercial for Remington Razors

I was astonished to learn that Frank Zappa wrote and produced a radio commercial for Remington Razors, featuring vocalist Linda Ronstadt.
    From an episode of the excellent arts & culture podcast "The Organist" from Los Angeles radio station KCRW:

at the 22:48 mark:
    https://www.kcrw.com/news-culture/sh...-whipped-cream

And you can scroll backwards a bit and hear a stunning psychedelic commercial for Levi's White Jeans by the Jefferson Airplane at 21:07.

In fact, the entire podcast episode is superb, a history of radio commercials and jingles in the mid to late 20th century, a subject I never would have thought could be so mesmerizing. (Testimony to the power of stellar audio production and a captivating narrator.) I was shocked that I'd never before learned that Randy Newman wrote the famous "I'm a Pepper, you're a Pepper" jingle for Dr. Pepper soda.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Frank Zappa writes commercial for Remington Razors

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I was astonished to learn that Frank Zappa wrote and produced a radio commercial for Remington Razors, featuring vocalist Linda Ronstadt.
    From an episode of the excellent arts & culture podcast "The Organist" from Los Angeles radio station KCRW:

at the 22:48 mark:
    https://www.kcrw.com/news-culture/sh...-whipped-cream

And you can scroll backwards a bit and hear a stunning psychedelic commercial for Levi's White Jeans by the Jefferson Airplane at 21:07.

In fact, the entire podcast episode is superb, a history of radio commercials and jingles in the mid to late 20th century, a subject I never would have thought could be so mesmerizing. (Testimony to the power of stellar audio production and a captivating narrator.) I was shocked that I'd never before learned that Randy Newman wrote the famous "I'm a Pepper, you're a Pepper" jingle for Dr. Pepper soda.
    Zappa and Captain Beefheart were legends in my hometown.
    oh look, I have a signature

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Frank Zappa writes commercial for Remington Razors

Nice find. Sounds like early Zappa indeed.