Code of Conduct

Default Online Stores shipping to Finland (Advice needed)

Dear all.

Just joined this forum and great to be here. The place is teeming with info and lots of advice from perfume enthusiasts

I am looking for some online shops 1) which have a huge collection, 2) which can ship to Finland and internationally, 3) which have a good repute of carrying authentic products only.

That rules out Ebay and Amazon, as both have a bad repute of some sellers selling fake items. It may only be 5% of the sellers but you cannot take the risk of even 5%.

Sephora seems a great choice but it does not ship to Finland.

Stockmann is an option in Finland but they are crazy expensive rip-offs. Like every perfume there is at least 20 Euros above the market price. I could not find any other option for Finland. There are some other online shopping stores in Finland but they do not have large collections of perfumes.

I have also shortlisted Notino.fi. They have a HUGE collection, and the website is super organized and very nice. I have read many good reviews here at Basenotes about their US branch (which has now been closed). However, their UK branch does have some bad reviews around the net.

Basically, most of the bad reviews are related to shipment, not product authenticity. The shipper they use, GLS, is notoriously poor in service (above 90% negative reviews on the net). But I have already placed my 1st order with Notino so lets see how it goes.

I found this guide about perfume outlets in Helsinki but except for Stockmann and maybe Sokos, most others are just Salons or tiny outlets with few fragrances.
    http://your-perfume-guide.com/helsinki/

So I am still on the look out. Would love to have your advice.

Best regards to all.
    Ame

Default Re: Online Stores shipping to Finland (Advice needed)

seymoria, I removed your other, duplicate posts and we'll leave this one up for responses. Everything looks fine; as you saw, sometimes new members' posts get hung up a bit, esp. when links are included. You are good to go now! Welcome!

First In Fragrance Germany
    Essenza Nobile Germany
    Skins Netherlands
    Parfumaria Netherlands
    Parfuma Belgium

Those are all I have ever needed myself. All ship to Finland and have excellent customer service and fast shipping. Well, actually never have ordered from Essenza yet as I have found same from FiF and have found them to be best shop I have dealt with. If anything comes along that is only found in Essenza I would not hesitate to order from them.

Never used Notino but I am slightly paranoid due to pricing of their website. Some are suspiciously cheap and some are just ridiculous expensive compared to others that have prices in line with original retail.
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

All these below should also ship to Finland:

Premiere Avenue
    Sens Unique
    Le Maison Du Parfums
    Liquides Comfidentiels
    Jovoy
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

Dear folks.

I am so glad for all your replies. Thank you very much. Those are indeed many lovely options I guess.

My only concern is the authenticity of the products. If you have even a 1% doubt about any of the companies mentioned, please do let me know.

Again, grateful for your advice.

Best regards.

Hi folks.
    I intended to order this perfume : EnPassant by Frederic Malle.

However, its price at Skins Netherlands is very low as compared to original perfumer's website. Is there reason to be suspicious? 280 Euro vs 200 Euro for 100 ml.
    https://www.fredericmalle.com/produc...tti#/sku/82456
    https://www.skins.nl/en/en-passant-4...ml?sqr=en%20p&

As I said, I am very concerned about authenticity of product.
    Thanks for your inputs.
    Best regards.

Skins.nl pricing is in line with other stores. 100ml retails at 200 euro. Nothing to worry about.
    Skins.nl is selling authentic products.

Hi.
    Thanks for your list of online stores. All of them do ship to Finland.

However, I needed some more help from you.

Actually the online stores you mentioned do not list my country (for billing address), except only First in Fragrance. So I cannot use those 04 sites. First in Fragrance does list my country but only accepts Paypal which does not operate in my country. So basically I can't use any of them. So, I needed to ask you if you can advise any others?

Thank you and regards.

Am I missing something here?

At least all of those I've listed accept Paypal and it works fine in Finland.
    If you do not want to use Paypal, I suppose most of them accept bank transfer as payment. At least Skins.nl do.

Well, as you can see, I have updated my location. I am not based in Finland
    But the delivery is to made in Finland. Actually a gift for a friend who lives there.
    Thus I have to use the billing address of my location. And many of those sites don't include my country in the selection options.
    Kind Regards.

Basenotes Junkie

Just use delivery address as billing address

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Just use delivery address as billing address
    Delivery address is different from Shipping address. Different countries. So can't use one for both.

I am buying this perfume and sending it to a friend as a gift. Not buying it for myself. Thus we are different people. In different countries.

Basenotes Junkie

It doesn't matter. Use the same shipping address as billing, but with your name. I used to do that many times before. In worst case Visa\MC will not process your payment and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    All these below should also ship to Finland:

Premiere Avenue
    Sens Unique
    Le Maison Du Parfums
    Liquides Comfidentiels
    Jovoy
    Thanks so much for the nice list.
    I noted that they mostly carry niche stuff and not the common brands.
    So would be great if you could also point out some others which carry the bulk, commonly known brands (Dior, YSL, Calvin Klein etc).
    Best Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Herne View Post
    First In Fragrance Germany
    Essenza Nobile Germany
    Skins Netherlands
    Parfumaria Netherlands
    Parfuma Belgium

Those are all I have ever needed myself. All ship to Finland and have excellent customer service and fast shipping. Well, actually never have ordered from Essenza yet as I have found same from FiF and have found them to be best shop I have dealt with. If anything comes along that is only found in Essenza I would not hesitate to order from them.

Never used Notino but I am slightly paranoid due to pricing of their website. Some are suspiciously cheap and some are just ridiculous expensive compared to others that have prices in line with original retail.
    Can you also advise about https://harmoniahelsinki.fi/ ?
    Thank you.

No. Never knew such place existed. Seems legit store located in Helsinki with decent pricing considering it is in Finland.

Quote Originally Posted by seymoria View Post
    Can you also advise about https://harmoniahelsinki.fi/ ?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Herne View Post
    No. Never knew such place existed. Seems legit store located in Helsinki with decent pricing considering it is in Finland.
    Thanks so much for the good advice. I will add it to my good list of sites for Finland.

Meanwhile, would you be kind enough to also give your advice on below please :

https://eleven.fi/
    https://www.kicks.fi/

Many thanks and regards.
    Amer

Quote Originally Posted by seymoria View Post
    Thanks so much for the good advice. I will add it to my good list of sites for Finland.

Meanwhile, would you be kind enough to also give your advice on below please :

https://eleven.fi/
    https://www.kicks.fi/

Many thanks and regards.
    Amer
    No idea about eleven.fi but kicks.fi is legit and reliable. Never bought anything from them but they do have a local stores here. Never bought anything from them as stores seem to carry mostly mainstream designers with high prices. Website offers more variety on brands but still that pricing is quite high compared to other european stores.

Eleven.fi seems to be carrying only mainstream stuff.