Code of Conduct

Default new aventus clone anyone tried it ? Swiss arabian shawq

Hi guys
    There is this new clone of Creed Aventus which is Swiss Arabian Shawq ? Have any of you tried it yet ?
    What is the sillage / projection / longivity ?
    How close % it is to Creed Aventus ?
    Thanks .
    Hit it before the youtube guys start hyping it . In the base there is ambrox which means it is going to scream for attention like huge longivity and projection in your face like smell me I am here - that's what I think judging by the notes .

Default Re: new aventus clone anyone tried it ? Swiss arabian shawq

It's not even mentioned on their website. Although I found it in stock for less then 25 usd

You guys can buy it from Notino .
    Whoever tries this copy of Aventus can share their thouhts here ?
    Make a review ?
    It's cheap .

Just ordered it today. Was aware of that Swiss Arabian clone for quite some time now. Will see how it compares to the other clones I had/have (FYI. those were: CDNIM, Supremacy Silver, L' Aventure, IP2, Mercedes Select, dozens of clone oils from different oil companies and of course the real deal, Aventus)

Thanks bro . Tell us more when you get it . Especially how close smell wise it is % compared to Creed Aventus .

Quote Originally Posted by Ismellperfect View Post
    Thanks bro . Tell us more when you get it . Especially how close smell wise it is % compared to Creed Aventus .
    It came and let me tell you bro, smell wise its not a bad fragrance, but I dont see it being another Aventus clone. I gave it to my dad because its not my cup of tea.
    If we speak about how close it smells compared to Aventus, let me share my experience with the other clones I had:

IP2 (55% sim.)
    Mercedes Select (60-65%)
    CDNIM (70%)
    L'Aventure (75-80%)
    Afnan Supremacy Silver (85%)
    Clone oils from Perfume Parlour, Universal Cosmetics (80-85%)

And Swiss Arabian Shawq is max. 30-35% close to Aventus, because it doesnt share the same vibe and smell as Aventus in both opening and drydown. Its a very sweet, synthetic pineapple note in the opening. It dries down to a metallic smelling base of woods, but the synthetic pineapple note is still noticeable. The sillage and longevity is great, the smell even remains after a shower. Guess that Ambroxan plays a big role here.

Other people also liked it so it really is not a bad fragrance for me, but I anticipated something else, maybe along the lines of L'Aventure or CDNIM. Those are far better option if you ask me for a great alternative for Aventus.

Tried this today and whilst it fails as an Aventus clone it succeeds as a fresh fruity cheapie. Y4S_58s impressions are bang on.

The dominant accord is pineapple and it smells highly synthetic and very reminiscent of how these used to taste on the schoolground days:

Because its candied, sweet and sharp with it. The ambrox and white musks combine to give it a pronounced metallic edge that feels like aluminum in your nostrils but the effect is not unpleasant as it works well with the character of the pineapple. Overall the scent is quite bright, shiny and young and conjures the image of a can of pineapple soda that was opened about 10 minutes ago and has permeated the room with its aroma.

Not bad considering its pennies per ml but not something I'd advocate anyone rush out to buy as most BN members tastes are more discerning than this as its quite a flat/2D fragrance in terms of how the accords are arranged as its a simple composition that was obviously done to a budget but I do give it props from reminding me of childhood sweets in a paper bag, plus I do like the smell of pineapples in all guises. Will update if I give it a full wearing on skin at any point.

That review is spot on, Palmolive! And now that you bring that up, the smell is really reminiscent of those sweets, and I don't particularly enjoy them neither
    The smell is really linear and flat, guess thats the downside if you add notes that smell somehow metallic in a huge dose. There is no more 'headroom' for a complex and heavy base or delicate elements to shine through the scent, I guess. But it really is projecting of my skin, so there is that.

Yep yep, its a super simple scent with maybe 4 accords doing all of the heavy lifting and that Ambrox overdose (which makes my eyeballs pulsate if I get too close to the card) no doubt doesn't leave much space for everything else but it smells really happy which is always a plus point as it makes me smile each time I inhale it. Whether this is due to the associations or the composition, I know not but its quite a carefree and joyful aroma for sure.

If they took this formula back to the lab and retooled it for a higher pricepoint it could become something interesting because whilst its no Nishane Hacivat in terms of its pure pineappleness its actually a decent scent on its own merits if the yellow spiky fruit is your thing. To illustrate the pineapple in Hacivat is realistically large and 3D with it because you can inhale all the way round it. The accord used in the SA scent smells like a colour photocopy of a pineapple cartoon, blown up to poster size that someone sprinkled glitter on. That said composition wise I find it a heck of a lot better than CDNIM which is just a horrible honking mess chock full of rough aroma chems that I'd never wear as it smells so irritatingly crass whereas this in contrast may just make it onto my skin at some point because whilst synthetic it doesn't smell that bad although I have no idea how it might wear because it really does pump off the strip so might get a bit overbearing.

Going off intuition I'd say that if you layered this with Ombre Leather in a 1:6 ratio the end result would be quite interesting even if it would detract from its current simplistic joy by making it more mature but maybe worth a try if you wish to see how they blend as the TF would easily alleviate the lack of depth/complexity that the SA fragrance has but may also subdue its boisterous charm.

All in all not a bad scent really if you aren't expecting Aventus because you won't get it at all with this but if you buy it wishing to smell like pineapple sweets then you'll be smiling for sure.

Man, Palmolive, you are extremely talented in describing the fragrance, so major kudos for the scent breakdown and the comparison!

I just call it how I smell it, literally!

Would be interested in impressions from other members if they decide to splash out because I know my first ones are strongly coloured by the recollection of those sweets that it reminds me a lot of so I'm not exactly judging it on its own merits.

I feel like we are the only ones who bought this cheapie here on basenotes