Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil

Default Re: Jovoy, The Best Niche Fragrance Store In Paris Now Ships To USA With DHL Express In 2 Days!

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas.com View Post
    Thank you Hednic, I already received my first order within 4 or 5 days of placing it, and placed a second order that is on the way, they have been nothing but super nice, the salesperson even told me that if I want something they don't carry they can order it from the Paris store.
    That's great to hear!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Jovoy, The Best Niche Fragrance Store In Paris Now Ships To USA With DHL Express In 2 Days!

First time ordering from Jovoy UK. The best yet! Sent out Monday evening from London. Arrived 10:30AM this morning - 2 days. They included 15 free samples. Excellent service with UPS International Express. No signature required. US Customs done internally at UPS. Not even a Customs scan. Wonderful!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    First time ordering from Jovoy UK. The best yet! Sent out Monday evening from London. Arrived 10:30AM this morning - 2 days. They included 15 free samples. Excellent service with UPS International Express. No signature required. US Customs done internally at UPS. Not even a Customs scan. Wonderful!
    Agreed, I'm happy for you

Agreed, I'm happy for you
    Thanks.

Basenotes Plus

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 10.41.53 PM.jpg

Hednic I don't think the UK store is deducting the tax from the final price, what do you think?

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 10.41.53 PM.jpg

Hednic I don't think the UK store is deducting the tax from the final price, what do you think?
    They are. I just checked. The items I ordered were each ú154.00 before signing in to my account and after were ú128.33 each, so VAT was deducted. My guess is when you access the site you are already logged on automatically as a US resident and so all the prices shown are after VAT is deducted.

The Eau D'Aviateur price on the website is ú220.00 before logging on and ú183.33 after logging on!

Basenotes Plus

Thanks, since it says tax included wanted to double check

Hope the Paris site starts shipping to the US soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    Hope the Paris site starts shipping to the US soon.
    They told me they will resume international delivery hopefully after the summer.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Sounds excellent. Do they suppress VAT like Jovoy Paris?
    Currently wearing: Stilla by Svensk Parfym

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Sounds excellent. Do they suppress VAT like Jovoy Paris?
    Yes once you register with your location.

Yes once you register with your location.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Thank you.
    You're quite welcome.

Hednic, did you request UPS International Express, or did they use that method as the default?
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Big list of niche splits.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    Hednic, did you request UPS International Express, or did they use that method as the default?
    Jovoy UK only uses UPS International Express. Jovoy Paris only uses DHL Express.

Jovoy UK only uses UPS International Express.
    Do you mean for international shipments, hednic or for UK domestic as well?
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by HermŔs

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Do you mean for international shipments, hednic or for UK domestic as well?
    I speak of International shipments to the USA

Basenotes Plus

Hednic any news on when are they going to restart shipping to the US?

Hednic any news on when are they going to restart shipping to the US?
    I recently sent them an e-mail with the following message:

"The summer has now ended. You said "Since we are moving our logistic operation out of the store, we think it will take the summer to have the DHL deliveries back on the website." When are your DHL international deliveries returning to your French website? Many people around the world are waiting!"

Thank you.

This was the answer I got:

"
    Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your message. We are still working on that matter as fast as we can.
    We know that it is not ideal, but some IT specifications are more complicated than expected.

I'll get back to you with a possible date of international shipping return.
    Thank you again for your patience

Best regards

Jovoy's Team

I emailed them last week:

Thank you for your message. I've just ask the project manager and she told me everything should come back to normal in a month or so.
    We hope for begining of November !

Best regards

Jovoy's Team

Thank you for your message. I've just ask the project manager and she told me everything should come back to normal in a month or so.

Best regards

Jovoy's Team
    Thanks for the update. We'll see.

Best regards

Jovoy's Team
    Great news indeed.

Basenotes Plus

Great news indeed, Thanks

Anyone else having trouble with payment on Jovoy UK website? I have tried ordering multiply times in the past couple of months and I can never get to the payment option part.

Quote Originally Posted by beta10 View Post
    Anyone else having trouble with payment on Jovoy UK website? I have tried ordering multiply times in the past couple of months and I can never get to the payment option part.
    Have ordered twice at the Jovoy UK site so far and both times without a problem.

Basenotes Plus

Ordered twice and no problem, their customer service is also first class.

New message received today from Jovoy Paris concerning resumption of DHL International Service:

Dear xxxx,

Despite our best effort, the service should be back to normal at the end of november.
    The logistician is having trouble to connect his IT to DHL ones.

We are working as fast as we can to solve that problem;
    we are really sorry for the inconvenience and delay.

Thank you for your comprehension.
    Best regards

Jovoy's Team

New message received today from Jovoy Paris concerning resumption of DHL International Service:

Dear xxxx,

Despite our best effort, the service should be back to normal at the end of november.

Best regards

Jovoy's Team
    Thank you for this information just in time for the Holiday season. Great News!

Basenotes Plus

Dear xxxx,

Best regards

Jovoy's Team
    Great news