Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
o
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Jovoy, The Best Niche Fragrance Store In Paris Now Ships To USA With DHL Express In 2 Days!

Let's hope it works
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil

Default Re: Jovoy, The Best Niche Fragrance Store In Paris Now Ships To USA With DHL Express In 2 Days!

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas.com View Post
    Let's hope it works
    I'm going to check over the weekend to see if in fact their website won't be accessible as they claim. If it's offline, then they're being truthful.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Jovoy will be using FEDEX for international shipping for the foreseeable future. Same threshold for free shipping to the States. Apparently not active yet. Tried to make a purchase after they swore it would be operational after December 2nd, but couldn't complete the transaction as it said there were no available carriers to my address.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I have wonderful news for those who also might have been waiting! Jovoy has resumed international delivery with Fedex to the US as of today. I wasted no time and made my first purchase after six months of not being able to, due to their restructuring!!! They have kept the same free-shipping threshold of 350 Euros, for delivery to the US, continue to deduct VAT for shipments, and on a personal note, have graciously extended my additional discount until December 2020 on my next 100 purchases!

Hednic do you know if they post to Australia now ??
    Currently wearing: Moss Breches by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by MELVCMS01 View Post
    Hednic do you know if they post to Australia now ??
    Sorry to say that Australia is not listed among the countries that they will be using Fedex International with.

Thank you for sharing the link, having only discovered the thread now and happy about realizing that they also ship anywhere or nearly anywhere in the EU as well

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have wonderful news for those who also might have been waiting! Jovoy has resumed international delivery with Fedex to the US as of today. I wasted no time and made my first purchase after six months of not being able to, due to their restructuring!!! They have kept the same free-shipping threshold of 350 Euros, for delivery to the US, continue to deduct VAT for shipments, and on a personal note, have graciously extended my additional discount until December 2020 on my next 100 purchases!
    Thanks for the news, hednic. I hope they bring back their sample program !

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

I just noticed this. Awesome news indeed! I am glad they extended the courtesy of your discount to a later date. They are a very sound company to deal with. I have had success with them before the shipping problems. I just didn't pull the plug with JovoyUK for some reason. But now all is back to normal it seems.

Basenotes Plus

Jovoy will be using FEDEX for international shipping for the foreseeable future. Same threshold for free shipping to the States. Apparently not active yet. Tried to make a purchase after they swore it would be operational after December 2nd, but couldn't complete the transaction as it said there were no available carriers to my address.
    Thank you hednic, my favorite online store for sure.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

been waiting to buy samples from their site (samples aren't shipping withing Europe either), recently got a mail that said they will resume business as usual soon.

Quote Originally Posted by delfa View Post
    Thanks for the news, hednic. I hope they bring back their sample program !
    Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    I just noticed this. Awesome news indeed! I am glad they extended the courtesy of your discount to a later date. They are a very sound company to deal with. I have had success with them before the shipping problems. I just didn't pull the plug with JovoyUK for some reason. But now all is back to normal it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    Thanks for the update Hednic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas.com View Post
    Thank you hednic, my favorite online store for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by gewoonBB View Post
    been waiting to buy samples from their site (samples aren't shipping withing Europe either), recently got a mail that said they will resume business as usual soon.
    I have to share this news with you because their customer service is the best I have ever known from a online retailer, especially one from overseas.

I recently placed my first order with Jovoy since they resumed their international shipping with Fedex . This was last Thursday. The transaction went through smoothly but when it got to the shipping department, it seemed to languish. No shipping update and no tracking number. Days passed. I emailed them numerous times and they kept apologizing for the delay, but the situation remained the same. I was getting very frustrated. After daily emails back and forth and almost at the point of canceling my order I received this email from the Jovoy team:

Dear M. xxxx,

We are very sorry that your parcel was not sent today.
    M. HÚnin CEO of Jovoy, in copy of this email, will directly take the matter in hands and would like to communicate with you.

Again, all our sincere apologies for the delay, that is independent of our will.
    Thank you for your comprehension

Best regards

So I emailed them back with this message:

Dear Sirs:

I will accept any help from anyone at this time that can resolve this unfortunate and inexcusable delay. Your company is highly respected internationally and this poor service and lack of coordination and communication from your shipping department should not happen. I placed the above order last week and I probably won't receive it by the end of this week. There are many people here in the United States that would love to do business with your company, but I would hesitate to recommend it unless the shipping situation improves. I never had this problem with your company in the past and I hope this never repeats.

Please make sure my package is sent out today, Wednesday , December 11, and please email me the FEDEX International tracking number. I am a reasonable and patient person but I have considered cancelling my order.Thank you very much.

Well, today, in the interim, my package did ship and I did get the tracking number and it is scheduled to be delivered on Monday of next week., but here's the incredible news - the CEO of Jovoy M Henin did send me an email and this is what he wrote:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your very kind message,

I have had my colleagues explain what happened with your order,

First of all I would like to apologize for all the inconvenience you have been through,
    I know you have been extremely patient waiting for us to resolve our issues since mid-July to have the international delivery back on tracks.
    Even though we are small company we have had to externalize our logistic with a professional company,
    There are many ongoing matters to be solved, I can’t even, as we speak, confirm you will have your FEDEX number in your mailbox to track you parcel when it finally leaves us to reach you.
    The issues we have with this new supplier is our problems and our clients, especially faithful like you, should not suffer from this matter.

I have asked my team to tell me tomorrow morning where you parcel is more precisely,
    …. to help us there are strikes right now in France…!

I know that it will not compensate the time spent waiting for a satisfactory answer form our side but I wish to reward your kind patience and give you a 500€ voucher you can use to buy whatever you wish from our website

In the meantime we are working very hard on fixing everything with this new supplier

Hoping you will be happy to see we care about your legitimate message,

With our best wishes

Francois HENIN

Holy Moly - a 500€ voucher!!! Now that's excellent customer service!

@hednic, that's amazing customer service

@hednic, that's amazing customer service
    Just incredible! I'm still in shock!

Suddenly I feel like I want to buy from the eu site, even though they have a store on our shores.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Excellent customer service. Just goes to show how passionate a person you are for them to think so highly of your love for fragrances. There is a lot of good in this world.

Package under new system arrived this morning. 2 days from Paris to my residence. I notified Jovoy of its arrival. A further update from the CEO M. Francois Henin:

Thank you Sir,

To be totally transparent; the problem is a bit more technical,
    our website/ prestashop was wrongly connected to the logistic company’ system (an independent company to us) and the matter was not found and treated in proper time.
    As we speak we are still solving some more minor matters but it should be fine soon.
    We also need to be able to add some samples for example, and other services for your comfort and better experience.
    We will also add DHL as soon as possible so we can lower the minimum of purchase, Fedex is extremely expensive

Thank you for your kind feedback and my colleague Richard here in copy should create your credit/voucher soon if not already.

With best wishes

Francois Henin

Sidenote; I'll be visiting Paris in January or February, will definitely visit Jovoy

Sidenote; I'll be visiting Paris in January or February, will definitely visit Jovoy
    Have you been there before? It's wonderful. Have had the pleasure of going there several times.

Have you been there before? It's wonderful. Have had the pleasure of going there several times.
    No, pretty dumb, because I've been there like 8 times in the past years, but I only recently started really getting into fragrances

I've learned since resuming shopping with Jovoy, that shipments with Fedex International although fast (2 days once the warehouse gets it to them), a signature is required because it is hazardous goods. Fedex won't allow you to leave an official signature release even though Jovoy doesn't require a signature and hasn't paid Fedex for the service. I can see how this could be annoying. DHL allowed an electronic signature release. By the way finally used the 500 Euro voucher that the owner gave me.
    Last edited by hednic; 19th January 2020 at 04:29 PM.

Statesiders FYI - Thankfully Jovoy has resumed shipping to the US with DHL Express and discontinued shipping with Fedex International. Free shipping threshold has remained untouched at 350 € TTC

Statesiders FYI - Thankfully Jovoy has resumed shipping to the US with DHL Express and discontinued shipping with Fedex International. Free shipping threshold has remained untouched at 350 € TTC
    That's great news, especially with the free shipping threshold remaining unchanged!

Great news. Hopefully they bring back soon their sample program.

I have seen Monsieur Henin multiple times at their Mayfair store. Every time he greets us with a big smile, hello and asking if we need any assistance. His colleagues at the branch, led by wonderful Ines, are equally good. The amount of samples they gave me each time is insane. Before returning to BD, I visited there one last time in 2018. They told me I should you get as many samples as possible since they're free (if you visit their brick and mortar shop) and as I won't able to visit the shop for a while! Every time I visit there, they just leave me alone (just the the way I like it), occasionally asking me if I want something to drink. On many occasions, I was the only customer in their lower ground floor sniffing rare things for many hours. They really know how to treat their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaque View Post
    I have seen Monsieur Henin multiple times at their Mayfair store. Every time he greets us with a big smile, hello and asking if we need any assistance. His colleagues at the branch, led by wonderful Ines, are equally good. The amount of samples they gave me each time is insane. Before returning to BD, I visited there one last time in 2018. They told me I should you get as many samples as possible since they're free (if you visit their brick and mortar shop) and as I won't able to visit the shop for a while! Every time I visit there, they just leave me alone (just the the way I like it), occasionally asking me if I want something to drink. On many occasions, I was the only customer in their lower ground floor sniffing rare things for many hours. They really know how to treat their customers.
    Your positive experience doesn't surprise me. They are a first-class company.

Im in Paris for the first time and going to Jovoy tomorrow (closed on Sundays).

Already hit up Champs Elysees storefronts, Dior Mitzah, Almairac Papyrus Oud, and Guerlain Iris Ganache as highlights of today's haul.

My wife's like "you sure just one more perfume store before we go home?". She has nooo idea

Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    Im in Paris for the first time and going to Jovoy tomorrow (closed on Sundays).

Already hit up Champs Elysees storefronts, Dior Mitzah, Almairac Papyrus Oud, and Guerlain Iris Ganache as highlights of today's haul.

My wife's like "you sure just one more perfume store before we go home?". She has nooo idea
    Enjoy your visit there tomorrow! I'll be there in May once again.