Code of Conduct

Question If you are anosmic to Aventus, equally anosmic to all batch versions and clones?

Hello all!
    Been lurking for some time but thought I'd join in.

A bit of background:
    So, I was out for lunch one day and I came by a store which happens to sell Creed fragrances.

I had read a lot about “The King” and was very curious to experience what all the fuzz was about so l went in and asked to try it out.
    A single spray to the wrist and my first sniff I must admit was a bit of a let down.
    Hmmm.. A bit of pineapple, a bit of sweetness.
    I was expecting something like “The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Aventus from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Sambuccashake, was to carry…”

Anyway.

Upon returning to the office I kept getting hit with waft after waft of this single spray drydown and I was completely awestruck.
    6 hours later I kept smelling it and I decided I need to have it.
    It was magnificent. Everything I could hope for in a fragrance!

The next day I bought a full bottle (from the store where I sampled it) and after wearing it a couple of days I came to realize that I am unfortunately anosmic to it.
    And to Aventus alone. No other perfume, Creeds or from any other houses, act like this.

I’ve been having thoughts about going back to the store and sample it again to see if their tester is somehow different than the bottle I have. Because it was a splendid experience!
    And I so want to experience it again…

tl;dr

Those of you who have experienced something similar with Aventus, do you have the same results with all versions you have tried?

And what about the clones, do they contain the same “X” ingredient that causes it?

Cheers!

Nothing is written!

Default Re: If you are anosmic to Aventus, equally anosmic to all batch versions and clones?

Aventus relies on several high impact ingredients that can cause olfactory fatigue, which means wearing it too often or sticking your nose into it too often will most likely give you olfactory fatigue. Since it is a new purchase and you had such an enthusiastic reaction to it, am I wrong to guess that you sniffed the heck out of that stuff?

Take a break for a few days, maybe even a whole week, then try it again. Also mind the amount of sprays and how close to your head you spray it.
    2-3 solid sprays on chest/belly, maybe one of them on your back/nape region, will most likely give you good performance all day
    Do remember that the weather has an effect as well and you being in Sweden in winter might affect performance, either directly or because you catch a cold/flu/whatever.
    “To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art.”
    Grand Admiral Thrawn

Taking a break, though I might drop in from time to time.
    If I don’t reply, that’s why.
    - Norstrøm

Default Re: If you are anosmic to Aventus, equally anosmic to all batch versions and clones?

Quote Originally Posted by Norstrøm View Post
    Aventus relies on several high impact ingredients that can cause olfactory fatigue, which means wearing it too often or sticking your nose into it too often will most likely give you olfactory fatigue. Since it is a new purchase and you had such an enthusiastic reaction to it, am I wrong to guess that you sniffed the heck out of that stuff?

Take a break for a few days, maybe even a whole week, then try it again. Also mind the amount of sprays and how close to your head you spray it.
    2-3 solid sprays on chest/belly, maybe one of them on your back/nape region, will most likely give you good performance all day
    Do remember that the weather has an effect as well and you being in Sweden in winter might affect performance, either directly or because you catch a cold/flu/whatever.
    this

Thanks for replying!

I have owned the bottle for 3 months now and I assure you I have attempted all kinds of application methods, limitations in usage, fragrance rotations and what have you...
    No difference so far.

I have read about others reporting becoming totally anosmic to Aventus, but have never experienced it myself.

Assuming you bought from a reputable store and your bottle is genuine, this may well be a case of the juice just needing to mature a little more in the bottle. Mine certainly did, and grew noticeably better with age. My Green Irish Tweed was the same way. I could hardly smell it at first and wondered what the big deal was. Then it blossomed in the bottle and is now wonderful.

The tester you used for spraying in the store had likely already reached its optimal state.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626