Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
o

Default Re: So Parfums Vintage just dropped more scents

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    I have the exact same opinion about those 2 new scents. I received them free with their Labor Day sale with my order of Compendium and both smell like weaker versions of the originals. Also, Compendium smells very little like M7 so that was a disappointment too.
    Interesting, would you be willing to give a bit more info on why it fails?
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    Interesting, would you be willing to give a bit more info on why it fails?
    I own the original M7, M7 Fresh, and the newer M7 Oud. The quality of Compendium is nowhere near any of these. The one thing that attracted me about the original M7 was the cherry note which I don't get at all with this. At first spray it smells slightly like M7 but 10 minutes later it goes off in another direction that I can't even explain. Almost like what M7 would smell like the next morning on my skin if I didn't shower the night before.
    Just saying if anyone is looking for a good replacement for M7 I would look elsewhere.

Interesting, thanks. I really like the ambery drydown of M7 but I still don't think I'll check it out.

Im wondering what anyone else thinks of PVI gold?

I wore my sample again today. Again it was synthetic mess and hardly anything projecting in the realms of juicy pineapple, more like pineapple air freshener. Monotone and harsh.

It got me thinking, as some folk reported that their bottles of PVI smelt off, I wonder if my sample of PVI gold suffered a similar problem and got too hot during manufacture as well. I mean its nothing like PVI and Chaos Fragrances on youtube bangs on about it being a juicy pineapple bomb. Where as Gent scents (again on youtube) pretty much agreed with my sentiments on his first impressions.

To my nose PVI gold doesnt come close the PVI but can they really have messed up as much as what I'm wearing right now?

Quote Originally Posted by WittyUserName View Post

I wore my sample again today. Again it was synthetic mess and hardly anything projecting in the realms of juicy pineapple, more like pineapple air freshener. Monotone and harsh.

It got me thinking, as some folk reported that their bottles of PVI smelt off, I wonder if my sample of PVI gold suffered a similar problem and got too hot during manufacture as well. I mean its nothing like PVI and Chaos Fragrances on youtube bangs on about it being a juicy pineapple bomb. Where as Gent scents (again on youtube) pretty much agreed with my sentiments on his first impressions.

To my nose PVI gold doesnt come close the PVI but can they really have messed up as much as what I'm wearing right now?
    Not for nothing, but Chaos Fragrances is a seller of frags, and very rarely has anything bad to say about any frag. Ash at Gent's Scents is much more frequently negative or at least more open to dissent. That's not to say that your suppisition is wrong. I'm sure with how much new stuff PV cranks out, they are bound to mess up a batch here and there.
    Currently Rotating:

*Creed Bois Du Portugal
    *Armani Code Absolu
    *Creed Aventus Cologne
    *Fragrance.One Office For Men
    *Parfums De Marly Percival
    *Mancera Black Gold
    *Imaginary Authors Telegrama
    *Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache
    *Neandertal Black
    *Chanel Bleu de Chanel

I received both new ones and thought both were horrible. PVI Gold was just as you described .. a mess. Emperor Napoleon was just as bad. I've been a fan of Parfums Vintage as I own 10 of their scents but these 2 recent releases along with Compendium and Citrus No. 1 Intense have soured my opinion of them recently.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
    Not for nothing, but Chaos Fragrances is a seller of frags, and very rarely has anything bad to say about any frag. Ash at Gent's Scents is much more frequently negative or at least more open to dissent. That's not to say that your suppisition is wrong. I'm sure with how much new stuff PV cranks out, they are bound to mess up a batch here and there.
    Agreed, plus we had some crazy humid weather in the UK, Im assuming its all made here, but who knows.

I have put the PVI gold in the fridge to see if it settles it. Will post if it helps.

I received both new ones and thought both were horrible. PVI Gold was just as you described .. a mess. Emperor Napoleon was just as bad. I've been a fan of Parfums Vintage as I own 10 of their scents but these 2 recent releases along with Compendium and Citrus No. 1 Intense have soured my opinion of them recently.
    I must admit the darker fragrances tend not to work for me as they amp up all their fragrances to 11 and its just too much with darker notes.

I have about 10 of the fragrances like you, but did in fact like citrus no.1 intense, but it is very sweet (again pumped up to 11) but was an ok blend. Again it makes me wonder if we are all smelling the same fragrance. Their quality control may be shockingly poor. It could be all made in a kitchen for all we know.

I know all noses are different, but I think we can all tell if something is well made or a pungent mess without having to like it.

If Parfums Vintage want to win over a sceptic, they could make a good, genuinely long lasting clone of Gucci Rush. That would convince me to buy a bottle.

Considering it's pretty obvious employees/owners contribute to this site and this thread specifically - I set that challenge for you. You've done Gucci PH2, you've done M7. Do Rush for Men.

Considering it's pretty obvious employees/owners contribute to this site and this thread specifically - I set that challenge for you. You've done Gucci PH2, you've done M7. Do Rush for Men.
    I wish I could say they did M7 but they really didn't. It's very little like the original.
    Also, I own their Gucci PH2 clone but I blind bought it and didn't realize it was that scent. Truth is, you can still get the original Gucci PH2 on ebay cheaper than what PV is selling their clone for.

Three new ones.

Senses Obliteres (Amouage Interlude Man)
    Obsession Interdite (Roberto Cavalli Noble Woods)
    Brutus Aoud (Roja Amber Aoud )

I dont like oud and a lot of these and previous new ones have it in. So on a personal note, yuk.

The more I smell some of their other offerings, I find the quality lacking and the notes all seem to blend into one smell. Perhaps my nose and knowledge is growing (its my second year going deep into the fragrance world and my obsession with it). So Im not rushing to check these out.

Three new ones.

Senses Obliteres (Amouage Interlude Man)
    Obsession Interdite (Roberto Cavalli Noble Woods)
    Brutus Aoud (Roja Amber Aoud )

I dont like oud and a lot of these and previous new ones have it in. So on a personal note, yuk.

The more I smell some of their other offerings, I find the quality lacking and the notes all seem to blend into one smell. Perhaps my nose and knowledge is growing (its my second year going deep into the fragrance world and my obsession with it). So Im not rushing to check these out.
    To be fair, that's not a Parfums Vintage thing, its all clone houses. Without using the exact ingredients as the original its just always going to be inferior.

I also saw they released Suave, which I guess is supposed to be a clone of YSL La Nuit de L'Homme...but at 70 bucks for 100 ml that's literally the same price as regular La Nuit. Why would anyone buy it?
    Currently Rotating:

*Creed Bois Du Portugal
    *Armani Code Absolu
    *Creed Aventus Cologne
    *Fragrance.One Office For Men
    *Parfums De Marly Percival
    *Mancera Black Gold
    *Imaginary Authors Telegrama
    *Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache
    *Neandertal Black
    *Chanel Bleu de Chanel

Why can't I find any info on Roberto Cavalli Noble Woods? Is it that obscure?

Blog Entries

I'm curious.. other than the people who have bought samples to review ( I'd assume a very small number of people too); and all the Youtube reviewers who wore given free bottles, how does this brand stay in business? Where do they make their money to keep releasing fragrances? Because I dunno anyone who has willingly purchased a bottle of anything of there's, other than maybe the initial first 2 releases.

Are there people that actually buy these fragrances?
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I'm curious.. other than the people who have bought samples to review ( I'd assume a very small number of people too); and all the Youtube reviewers who wore given free bottles, how does this brand stay in business? Where do they make their money to keep releasing fragrances? Because I dunno anyone who has willingly purchased a bottle of anything of there's, other than maybe the initial first 2 releases.

Are there people that actually buy these fragrances?
    Lots of people in the UK buy them. I think he (Damien the owner) was quite prolific on the facebook perfume groups for a while. I know many, many people there are buying several of the Pineapple Vintage stuff over Aventus and raving about it - and not paid to do so.

In terms of money, it's obvious enough. Huge mark up. They/he literally uses the same atomisers I used to sell a few decants online. They're about 25p/30c an atomiser - imagine even cheaper if bought in larger bulk. The bottles are disgustingly cheap and all leak - in transit and when spraying. Pretty clear the perfume likewise uses cheap ingredients.

Perfume is a hugely, hugely profitable business. Not just for fashion houses in funding the cat walk shows. 'Houses' like PV exist solely to make a quick buck - same as Jeremy. They are wonderfully similar companies and I find them both intriguing facets of modern culture, particularly with regard to the internet, as they both exist and succeed taking almost opposite routes and techniques, while still sharing a fundamental mindset and drive - quick profits from perfume.

Interesting. What are your favourite PV fragrances?

Tried their Envy clone recently along with Napolean. Envy clone smells nothing like it. The dry down (2 hours later) is similar though just a tad sweeter. Not worth it for to me as I disliked the opening and mid, and am not really into sweets.

Napolean smells like everything else they make. I got heavy patchouli and birch on the dry down. No smoke, unless you count dirty patchouli as smoke. The only good one Aventus interpretation I've tried is King.

This house should quit while they're ahead. Ridiculous prices for clones that don't even smell like their original counterpart.
    Current top 5 Fragrances

1. Royal Vintage by M. Micallef
    2. Bois Du Portugal by Creed
    3. Vespero by Jeroboam
    4. Masculin Pluriel by MFK
    5. Nobile by Gucci

"It ain't about how hard you hit:It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. It's about how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky Balboa

Interesting. What are your favourite PV fragrances?
    My fav seem to be like most PVI and less like most I like their version of virgin island water (tropical prive) as it has a stronger lime note for longer than the real deal on my skin. I found emperor to be very good, but unlike Aventus, it really gets too much after a long while to put up with, just too harsh, no class. Where as the quality of creed you dont feel like you're being clubbed with a bat in the face.

Classical music is classy until its played at volume level 11 until 3am.

Why can't I find any info on Roberto Cavalli Noble Woods? Is it that obscure?
    Noble Woods, a unisex fragrance from the Roberto Cavalli Gold Collection combines the noble strength of cedar wood with the incandescent power of Cardamon and Black Pepper, for an intense and spicy olfactory experience.

Key notes: Cedar, Patchouli, Guaiac wood, Saffron & Cardamom

Courtesy of https://www.ounass.ae/shop-roberto-c...69103_242.html

So I got a sample of Obsession Interdite (Roberto Cavalli Noble Woods) today.

I cant say I'm impressed. Going by its notes I was surprised it smelt the way it did. This definitely leans feminine to me.

I have never smelt Roberto Cavalli Noble Woods, so this could be an exact replica and a triumph of cloning.....

As for what I get, think sweet pencil sharpenings. Then think cheap ladies perfume and you are there. Doesn't seem to have any development, but after two hours I tried to scrub it off. Unfortunately it seems to have the trademark Parfums Vintage staying power and subtlety of TNT.

The sweetness does settle a little but I couldn't tell you one note from just smelling it. I guess I was hoping for a Creed Spice and Wood vibe, this is more like a very messed up copy of Chanel Egoiste with a bucket of sugar and pencils as the wood. Blasphemy to some.

Hey, anyone trued the new fragrance emeror Maximus extrait?

Whats the difference between emperor extrait a d the aventus?

Thanks!

I just noticed that as well on their FB page there are now Maximus and Maximus Extrait, I can't say I felt any level of excitement or enthusiasm.

I just thought "oh no, not another one" and rolled my eyes.....