Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Enfleurage NYC Releases EDP's

Last time I was in Enfleurage here in NYC with Cytherian and Epapsiou they were talking to us about EDP's they were going to release over the coming months. When we were in there they let us smell the Oud one they were working on and it was pretty nice. It's made with a farmed oud they typically stock that is sharp, feral, and fruity! It was really nice where it was when we smelled it, but I'm curious to see if they've changed it up in the final formulation. That being said, after being able to smell all of the essential oils this line is made from, I am VERY interested in testing the other offerings as their oils are truly amazing! Has anyone had the chance to try these? I'll list them below:

*All of our perfumes are made at perfume concentration in organic alcohol.*

Amber:
    Our Amber Perfume Is Warm, Sweet, and Exotic. With notes of Labdanum, Balsam of Peru, and Vanilla.
    Amber-Perfume__20937.1543862894.1280.1280.jpg

Frankincense:
    Our Frankincense Perfume is a blend of our Sacred Frankincenses distilled in Oman with notes of Smoke and Balsam. A trip to the ancient souks of Arabia.
    Frankincense-Perfume__86132.1543863350.1280.1280.jpg

Jasmine:
    Our Jasmine Perfume is a delicious blend of three Jasmines from around the world. Brought together in a floral harmony.
    Jasmine-Perfume__72195.1543863593.1280.1280.jpg

Oud:
    Our Oud Perfume is Dark and Mysterious. A sensual blend of rare Oud, Sandalwood, and Tobacco and other aromatics.
    Oud-Perfume__09856.1543864507.1280.1280.jpg

Rose:
    A beautiful blend of four Roses in a bouquet of delicate flowers.
    Rose-Perfume__48811.1543865267.1280.1280.jpg
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Homme by Prada

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Enfleurage NYC Releases EDP's

Thanks for sharing the info.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks for the tip
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I see they don't sell samples.
    I emailed them to see if they might add a "Discovery Set" for sale on these 5 perfumes.
    We'll see how responsive they are...
    Last edited by thebeck; 11th February 2019 at 11:52 AM.

As fate would have it I was in NYC this past week and I stopped by their boutique. I was able to sample all five and was very impressed....

I would up testing the oud on the back of my hand and 30 min later went back to purchase it. I agree with hat and beard that the oud is sharp and ferel, not so sure about fruity though, maybe they tweaked the final production batch a little. Anyway, It definitely has a anamalic barnyard aspect to it that is very intoxicating, like nothing else I've ever smelled. I'd be curious to compare this to some real oud as I have no experience with the real thing.

At $65 for 30ml, it was a steal! I will probably test the Amber a little more extensively next time I'm in town as it was my next favorite.

So I stopped into Enfleurage over the weekend to try out the new perfumes and not only did I end up walking out with a full bottle of the Oud and the Jasmine, but I also bought the sample set of all five of the fragrances in 3.5ml sprayers they had just to get to fully sample the 3 offerings I didn’t get full bottles of. They don't list these on the site, but they are available for $35. I will review them all in detail over the coming days but all I have to say is wow!

Again, the natural/farmed Oud they use very barnyard/bleu cheesy, but this isn’t harsh at all. It’s more earthy/musty/dusty with a slight piquant characteristic to it. I also swear I picked up a hint of cinnamon as it opened too. As it dries the wonderful tobacco and sandalwood come into play perfectly and create this beautiful, dry wood accord. Just to put it out there, this is not a sweet tobacco in the least!

Now for the Jasmine. Oooooooh the Jasmine! Yes it is compromised if only 3 types of jasmine, but talk about a deliciously succulent, narcotic perfume! I could NOT keep my nose off the back of my hand the entire time I was wearing it. It’s not an animalic jasmine, but rather one that is dewy and succulent and very pure and in its composition. Not to mention that it smelled terrific alongside the Oud perfume!

Honestly, I thought I’d be walking out with a full bottle of the Oud and Amber, but that Jasmine completely won the show for me. The amber is a perfume rendition of the amber oil they offer as one of their full concentration, blended essential oils. It’s not overly sweet like most amber fragrances and should definitely be tested to experience it. It has a leathery vibe to my nose.

The Frankincense smelled exactly like the frankincense oil they produce themselves, but slightly smoky and a bit more rounded. The Rose was very deep smelling, yet crystal clear at the same time. Hard to explain as I've not given either a full testing just yet. More to come, but I'm very impressed so far...especially since these are all natural in their compositions!
    Last edited by Hat and Beard; 13th February 2019 at 12:05 AM.

Blog Entries

The jasmine one sounds promising, but what l'm really waiting for is for them to do a gardenia!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

So all of them are $65? The Oud sounds awesome.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    So all of them are $65? The Oud sounds awesome.
    The Oud is really nice and the pricing is as follows:

Rose: $80
    Jasmine: $70
    Oud: $65
    Frankincense: $50
    Amber: $45

I would assume that they are priced based on the cost of the raw materials because the rose and jasmine oils they carry are pretty pricey.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Hat and Beard View Post
    The Oud is really nice and the pricing is as follows:

Rose: $80
    Jasmine: $70
    Oud: $65
    Frankincense: $50
    Amber: $45

I would assume that they are priced based on the cost of the raw materials because the rose and jasmine oils they carry are pretty pricey.
    Thanks H&B!

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Institution

Do they say WHERE the oud is from? Is it Laotian?

-- Eckhart Tolle

Thanks H&B!
    Do they say WHERE the oud is from? Is it Laotian?
    Of course, dear friend! I actually just called quickly for you and can confirm that the oud is definitely Laotian. As always, they were extremely friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable! I'm telling you...this summer the annual NYC Basenotes meetup should include a stop here.

And if the person I was speaking with on the phone happens to read this, thank you again for everything!

Basenotes Institution

Of course, dear friend! I actually just called quickly for you and can confirm that the oud is definitely Laotian. As always, they were extremely friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable! I'm telling you...this summer the annual NYC Basenotes meetup should include a stop here.

And if the person I was speaking with on the phone happens to read this, thank you again for everything!
    Great! I thought it was. In her article that ClaireV wrote on the owner she mentioned Laos oud. And I think when I was in the store I smelled their oud oil and asked them where it was from & they told me Laos. Didn't you buy some of their oud oil?

I agree - that place is awesome. It's just tiny lol.

I see they do not sell the Sandalwood (Indonesian sandalwood + perfumers alcohol) anymore, that I posted about on the Manhattan Meetup thread.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Great! I thought it was. In her article that ClaireV wrote on the owner she mentioned Laos oud. And I think when I was in the store I smelled their oud oil and asked them where it was from & they told me Laos. Didn't you buy some of their oud oil?

I agree - that place is awesome. It's just tiny lol.

I see they do not sell the Sandalwood (Indonesian sandalwood + perfumers alcohol) anymore, that I posted about on the Manhattan Meetup thread.
    I did buy some of their oud oil years ago. It was another beautiful Laotian oil called 'Sompat.' I got a 2ml bottle of it and I still have more than half left...I just can't bring myself to use it often as it isn't available anymore. I brought it with me at the last meetup, did you get to smell it?

I bought some of the Australian sandalwood oil they have too and it's another great one. It is more smooth and buttery than most Australian sandalwoods I've smelled. Too bad they don't have that spray you picked up anymore...

Thanks for the detailed notes. Visiting this store and possibly taking a class there are on my to-do list.
    Currently wearing: Ostara by Penhaligon's

I was going to blind buy the oud...but you can only UPS 2nd Day Air option your order? That seems a little ridiculous. The shipping cost is half the cost of the actual perfume.

I guess there's issues with the shipping options at the cart level at least for my area on the Enfleurage site. I brought it to their attention and proceeded to buy a bottle of the oud. I'll report back on how this one is once received. I haven't bought anything in a while but this one pulled me in...I'm a sucker for a realistic oud especially in perfume concentration...not the biggest attar or oil wearer here.

Basenotes Institution

I did buy some of their oud oil years ago. It was another beautiful Laotian oil called 'Sompat.' I got a 2ml bottle of it and I still have more than half left...I just can't bring myself to use it often as it isn't available anymore. I brought it with me at the last meetup, did you get to smell it?

I bought some of the Australian sandalwood oil they have too and it's another great one. It is more smooth and buttery than most Australian sandalwoods I've smelled. Too bad they don't have that spray you picked up anymore...
    I think you showed it to me - the Laotian oud. But by then we all had exhausted noses so I can't possibly remember what it smelled like. I almost bought some when I was in the store - but of course all of my cash went for sandalwood. No surprise there.

Oh! I found the Indonesian Sandalwood - but it is no longer an Eau de Toilette (in alcohol) - it is now diluted in jojoba oil and sold as a roll on oil. I might buy some...but I would have to ask them how many ml's it is - the website only has a picture and the price ($22). You can find it here: http://www.enfleurage.com/sandalwood-roll-on/

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I guess there's issues with the shipping options at the cart level at least for my area on the Enfleurage site. I brought it to their attention and proceeded to buy a bottle of the oud. I'll report back on how this one is once received. I haven't bought anything in a while but this one pulled me in...I'm a sucker for a realistic oud especially in perfume concentration...not the biggest attar or oil wearer here.
    I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this R. Have you ever owned Laotian oud for you to use with your fragrances?

-- Eckhart Tolle

I've used Hindi and Burmese. I think Eden's is Vietnamese, I've used that one too. I don't think I've ever crossed paths with the Laotian variety. I'm excited...hope it's funky. I love the "Barnyard/ Blue Cheese" ouds.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this R. Have you ever owned Laotian oud for you to use with your fragrances?

Basenotes Institution

I've used Hindi and Burmese. I think Eden's is Vietnamese, I've used that one too. I don't think I've ever crossed paths with the Laotian variety. I'm excited...hope it's funky. I love the "Barnyard/ Blue Cheese" ouds.
    I know Andy Tauer uses Laotian oud in his L'Oudh. But the oud note in that is buried. And if I'm not mistaken the oud that Brooklyn Perfume Co used in their Oud Fragrance was Laotian. I need to buy some Laotian oud oil.

Off topic: Due to this thread I pulled out my 2 ml of Enfleurage's Sri Lanka Sandalwood Essential oil and used the entire vial in a hot Epsom Salt bath last night. Great stuff! The bathroom smelled like a mosque for hours and I zoned out and went to bed easily from how relaxed I was. A nice oil for Mysore fans, who want an affordable substitute - in my opinion. Not too expensive. 2 ml = $25. I might buy more.

-- Eckhart Tolle

I just received the Oud Eau de Parfum from Enfleurage. Wearing just a tiny spritz and getting that blue cheese and musty wood right off the top. Very straight forward oud so far. Really digging it.

Basenotes Institution

Sounds good. I wanna sample this.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

I just received the Oud Eau de Parfum from Enfleurage. Wearing just a tiny spritz and getting that blue cheese and musty wood right off the top. Very straight forward oud so far. Really digging it.
    Any other impressions? (I used to love the cheesiness of Brooklyn Perfume Co.'s oud.)

Basenotes Institution

HatandBeard - any more impressions on the Frankincense and the Rose?

Rynegne & others - how's the longevity on the Oud. The discontinued Sandalwood perfume I owned was awesome and perfectly resinous/creamy but the longevity was below average.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Definitely got that vibe that Brooklyn Perfume Oud has with the blue cheese note. The longevity seems to be good. 10 hours + on clothing. Can't say too much else yet I just did a quick test today. If you're after a fragrance that highlights oud and oud alone this is it.

Just purchased the Oud perfume. I swear I’m going broke reading these threads lol.

If you like the experience of wearing oud oils, you should enjoy this. Personally, I love the smell of oud but I'm not a huge fan of wearing oils or attars so this is right in my wheelhouse. I'm wearing about a spray and a half on the back of my hands today. When sprayed on skin this sits a bit closer than when I sprayed it on my shirt yesterday, but my skin is super dry right now so that could be why. Like I said though...I do like the fact that this is an EdP and I CAN spray it on my shirt. I was hoping at some point Russian Adam of Areej le Dore would do more stuff like this and let his oud distillations speak for themselves because they're so good. I'd rather not cover it up with a myriad of florals, oriental notes...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboi View Post
    Just purchased the Oud perfume. I swear I’m going broke reading these threads lol.

Looking forward to getting downtown to try these out soon. Francis Kurkdjian uses Laotian oud in his "oud mood" series and I like those a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by byrdjoel View Post
    Looking forward to getting downtown to try these out soon. Francis Kurkdjian uses Laotian oud in his "oud mood" series and I like those a lot.
    Sadly, I detect noting but synth ouds in the Maison Francis Kurkdjian oud series.

I’m actually also just getting over a sinus infection and just regained my sense of smell yesterday! I brought my sample set with me today so I can try out the others while at work. I’ll report back soon!