Code of Conduct

Default Zara Scent #1 vs. Santal 33

I've seen some comparisons being made between Zara Scent #1 and Santal 33. Would anyone care to share their thoughts on this?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Zara Scent #1 vs. Santal 33

One was considered chic and de rigeur about a decade ago until it's sheer ubiquity caused many to re-evaluate and it's now - rightly in my view- considered quite mundane and boring. The trendiness though did cause the price to spike in those intervening years, and it now costs approximately double what it once did. The joys of lemming capitalism.

The other costs about 10x less, doesn't last and is not nearly as potent, thereby missing the point of blanketing a room in this type of scent, basically what became the 'pumpkin spice' of fragrances in certain circles.

You're welcome.
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Thank you for your insight.

The similar scents. Zara #1 is lighter and smoother and fresher, I like it even more! But...
    It disappears from a skin 20 minutes after applying! It doesn't exist at all. Projection is zero... You could use it as a hair fragrance or as a room spray, but not as a fragrance for yourself.

Out of Santal 33 clones I do prefer Olfactive Studio Flash Back in New York. Also potent, smells more contemporary with a sweaty cumin note just like they comined Rose 31 and Santal 33.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Thank you!

In my experience, Scent #1 definitely does not fade fast. is it lighter? Yes. But for office wear, that is a great thing when considering a Santal 33 clone. I enjoy Scent #1 and get a solid 8 hours out of about 5-6 sprays. For $18...it is a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    One was considered chic and de rigeur about a decade ago until it's sheer ubiquity caused many to re-evaluate and it's now - rightly in my view- considered quite mundane and boring. The trendiness though did cause the price to spike in those intervening years, and it now costs approximately double what it once did. The joys of lemming capitalism.

The other costs about 10x less, doesn't last and is not nearly as potent, thereby missing the point of blanketing a room in this type of scent, basically what became the 'pumpkin spice' of fragrances in certain circles.

You're welcome.
    God I like you
    Yeah, Montgomery Clift could get it