Code of Conduct
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nostri View Post
    Except if those Kickstarter backers followed the updates, then they didn't expect more. They were told what to expect. So who are you white knighting for?

Again, I'm not defending Jeremy. I haven't spent a dime on him. Could care less. I'm defending reason here.
    Haha nah, reason isn't even in the same ballpark of what you're attempting to defend. First off, I would wager a pretty hefty sum that not a single person here who is speaking negatively of this presentation took part in the Kickstarter campaign, so, they can have whatever expectations they want. Secondly, if a person says they expect more for their $180 then they expect more, it's not your place to prove to them that their expectations are wrong in defense of this character (that, by the way, would be the true definition of white knighting). Thirdly, you are absolutely defending this guy and his obvious cash grab regardless if that is your intent or not. Your comparisons make no sense, there are multiple factors you are not including in your attempts. You have yet to compare apples to apples. And that is the point, you aren't going to find a $180 plus fragrance with all the negatives attached to it like this one shipping in a box and bottle I could just as easily pick up at my local Michael's.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Can’t wait to get my 2 bottles soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleCars View Post
    I live by the motto: First impression is everything.

With that said my first impression is not good. Based on the high price I find these things subpar:

1) Packaging equal to a tester
    2) Bottle design is generic and cheap looking
    3) No cap
    4) Bottle was not full
    5) Atomizer was already primed.

Number 4 & 5 could of been from the reviewer doing test runs before making the video. Maybe subsequent videos will paint a better 2nd impression...
    I assumed that it is a tester. This is the final product? Let's hope it smells better than it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemelimelle View Post
    My 2 cents: I just woke up, still feeling groggy, drinking coffee, but here goes nothing.

Do not buy a fragrance where the “creators” settled upon a used toilet paper roll for a cap. This is my worst nightmare.
    That's how Replica By the Fireplace came in my box.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    Haha nah, reason isn't even in the same ballpark of what you're attempting to defend. First off, I would wager a pretty hefty sum that not a single person here who is speaking negatively of this presentation took part in the Kickstarter campaign, so, they can have whatever expectations they want.
    I just criticized the bottle and lack of cap two or three posts ago in this very thread. I didn't take part in this campaign. How much of a hefty sum are you going to pay me?

Is so easy to say "I'd do this" and "I guarantee this" when you have nothing to lose or prove in the real world, tough guy.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Can’t wait to get my 2 bottles soon!
    Based on the report video, including that shot of the ingredients, you made a smart move. Mainstream, modern, likable, big projection and sillage, but probably not controversial. I think I see where he stole csrefully from the examples of Aventus and Sauvage, cutting back on their flaws. Were I spending on frags like I used to, I would likely have bought one blind. Price is stiff, but a bargain next to Creed.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Quote Originally Posted by Nostri View Post
    I just criticized the bottle and lack of cap two or three posts ago in this very thread. I didn't take part in this campaign. How much of a hefty sum are you going to pay me?

Is so easy to say "I'd do this" and "I guarantee this" when you have nothing to lose or prove in the real world, tough guy.
    Wha...what? What are you even saying? Do you even know at this point? I said I would wager a hefty sum that the people who are criticizing the bottle and cap in this thread did NOT partake in the Kickstarter campaign. So...uh...thanks for proving my point, I guess? I didn't "guarantee" anything, so, I am not sure where that is coming from. And I said I expect more for $180, and, I do. Therefore, I would not even consider paying for this fragrance if it's ever released, which I wont. So yes, I am proving in the real world that I do not think that this item is worth my money, therefore, in the real world, I will not be paying real world money...In the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Price is stiff, but a bargain next to Creed.
    Couldn't you say "It is a complete ripoff next to Gucci" (or 200 other fragrances houses that make scents < $165)

You really need to smell it first in order to compare. A $50 scent that smells like feet is less of a bargain than a $300 masterpiece.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    I assumed that it is a tester. This is the final product? Let's hope it smells better than it looks.
    This is sneaky smart marketing. "I'm all about the compliments. All about the juice, no waste on gimmicks." Imagine the opposite - overblown bottle on first frag with extravagant cap - it would be fighting his own persona. I think he got good industry advice to shoot low on the bottle and stay "underdog".

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    This is sneaky smart marketing. "I'm all about the compliments. All about the juice, no waste on gimmicks." Imagine the opposite - overblown bottle on first frag with extravagant cap - it would be fighting his own persona. I think he got good industry advice to shoot low on the bottle and stay "underdog".
    Now that we know it's real, they'll likely repackage it for retail if it sells well enough.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Couldn't you say "It is a complete ripoff next to Gucci" (or 200 other fragrances houses that make scents < $165)

You really need to smell it first in order to compare. A $50 scent that smells like feet is less of a bargain than a $300 masterpiece.
    In my current retirement status, yes - a complete rip-off, next to Marshall's! But so is most Gucci in the launch stores!

I used to blind buy a lot of bottles like hednic, and 160 or 180 for a "significant" fragrance I'm probably going to like was basically entertainment money.

My tastes are very broad in the mainstream, and I know what I like, which is most of it. I can blind buy mainstream masculines from public information very easily. I know I'll like this. It's that simple.

"Tu nariz es mi nariz."

Most people only get finicky with money close to their limit on the item in question. There was a time when 160 was "I'll just buy something to pay for the SA's time" money. 80 felt cheap, 160 felt about right. I am no longer a big spender, but I remember what it was like.

I used to be a typical Creed customer. Now I'm more of an observer.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Now that we know it's real, they'll likely repackage it for retail if it sells well enough.
    Yup. And probably raise the price, too.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Hate is a strong word that didn’t cross my mind at 1 in the morning, seeing this for the first time. In this case, image sells, and I’m not buying. I am echoing the explicit sentiments of the video speaker himself, that the cap falls off the spray nozzle or better, the plastic thingy (there’s a name for it that slips my mind because I am not well-versed in bathroom appliance speak) that the bog roll attaches itself to. And yes, you’re right, I won’t be buying anything from the houses or lines or flankers you mentioned. I will happily stay away.
    My euphemism for "the roll core" as a cap - "tester chic"!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Redneck, you say the darnedest things.
    Basenotes made me do it!

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post

I'm not sure I've ever encountered a "$300 masterpiece." Rather, my preferences seem to change: now I'd rate Relax by Davidoff and vintage Thrid Man very highly, though that wasn't the case a couple years ago. The dollar store version of CK Reveal for Men was exceptional, though not something I'd wear that often. Overall, the vintage late 70s to early 90s scents I'd still rate the highest, with few exceptions. As to Jeremy's fragrance, I'd be concerned about it being a "cash grab," which someone else did with a film (that is, he crowdsourced it and then the film was idiotically pathetic, and might have cost a few thousand dollars), so why not wait and see what those who don't get free bottles or who tend to be "fanboys" have to say?

Right down to the packaging (which seems like it was just spat out by a machine with the directive: Make Minimal Modern Fragrance) it's the epitome of an AI amalgamation of everything from the past decade of this abberated sweet calone hedione ethyl maltol ambroxan concoction we've been seeing. There's video of the perfumer Alberto Morillas talking about how the AI operated machinery creates hundreds of variations of a particular scent DNA:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_hF8PfkBxE
    At around the 7 minute mark he says "here we go to the robot place." I'll bet the scent is an Invictus-Bleu de chanel-Prada Amber crossover with a scratchy norlimbanol base.
    Currently wearing: Sung Homme by Alfred Sung

Jesus, the bottle looks like those fake knock off bottles you get at dollar general

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Ships out this week according to JF new video. Yes!!!!!!!! Can’t wait

Im waiting until the price triples before I pull the trigger. Till then, you guys enjoy your bargain bin $160 aliexpress bottle.

Ok, I watched that video and my take away is that the kid excitedly got his bottle (German customers have started receiving theirs already), and decided to post his first fragrance review. I imagine that JF probably got him into fragrances, so he bought it based on that. This was clearly a person who is not yet comfortable making videos, nor was his presentation polished at all. In fact, it felt like he was making it up as he went along. Nothing wrong with that, but admittedly, it wasn't very informative or entertaining IMO.

Having said that, my fragrance reviews on here aren't informative at all, but I am aware of that, and try to make them interesting reads, none-the-less. I haven't made any fragrance review videos, but I imagine that if I did try, they would be similar to this one. LOL! Is the guy a shill? Not in my opinion. The video would have been better produced, and more polished. He also would have used talking points, and I didn't detect that happening here.

The fragrance price hasn't tripled on the official Fragrance One website, and currently sits at $181 USD for pre-orders of the second batch. Will this second batch sell as well? That I doubt, even if the presentation is excellent and the juice does live up to the hype. I guess that a lot of his viewers probably ponied up the dough to nab a bottle, but aren't regular purchasers of $150+ bottles. If the juice is good, I could see it selling well enough though.

Personally, I have only spent over $150 one time, and that was for the biggest bottle of Fahrenheit I could find. I had to buy at retail to ensure a 2018 batch, based on all of the positive feedback on here. Most of his audience probably aren't too conscious of (or even care about ) such things, but I could very well be wrong about that.

Like I have stated before, I am waiting on the peer reviews from the YT fragrance reviewers. I think their opinions could make the second batch sell quite well, but (as stated) I doubt he will surpass the orders from the first batch. Those that already have the first batch won't care as much about the second batch. Those that are waiting for the reviews before they buy a bottle probably aren't enough to offset the difference.

Having said all of that. These are just my guesses and are admittedly conjecture on my part. Only time will tell.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    Im waiting until the price triples before I pull the trigger. Till then, you guys enjoy your bargain bin $160 aliexpress bottle.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Jack103 View Post
    Right down to the packaging (which seems like it was just spat out by a machine with the directive: Make Minimal Modern Fragrance) it's the epitome of an AI amalgamation of everything from the past decade of this abberated sweet calone hedione ethyl maltol ambroxan concoction we've been seeing. There's video of the perfumer Alberto Morillas talking about how the AI operated machinery creates hundreds of variations of a particular scent DNA:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_hF8PfkBxE
    At around the 7 minute mark he says "here we go to the robot place." I'll bet the scent is an Invictus-Bleu de chanel-Prada Amber crossover with a scratchy norlimbanol base.
    I'm still going to save my judgement on the fragrance until we get serious reviews pouring in, which will probably be soon. However, the kind of scent you describe sounds like something I'd be interested in. The potential for some A.I. generated scents sound promising, too. I have space in my wardrobe both for creative fragrances, and ones that are compliment getting, long lasting, and versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Ships out this week according to JF new video. Yes!!!!!!!! Can’t wait
    If I knew there were a lot of people like you, I'd start my own line. LOL.

Still waiting for shipment...

I hope I won't have to post a harsh review.

I'll go ahead and make my judgment before I ever smell it because I already know what this scent is: *the* scent of the 2020's. I'm sure ya'll here will make fun of it just because of who Jeremy is, and you'll say it's crap, but no sir you're crap. Look at the bottle; the complete essence of minimalism. Look at the sprayer cap; that is ingenuity. Not even the greatest of perfumers such as Mr. Creed or Mr. Monteblanc could ever be inspired to do such high art. This is the Black Square of fragrances. I will rest assured that while this fragrance in 2019 will not get the respect it deserves people will become enlightened once the hype goes down. I personally am most likely going to attempt to buy 100 bottles. This fragrance I have no doubt will be worth seven fold the price it is going for now in half a decade.

No one can beat Cameron as driver of this hype train!

I've got two bottles and sold one already.
    The scent is ok, but not my taste.
    There's really no need for bashing it and I'm pretty sure that many guys will like it a lot.

Exclamation Office for Men from Jeremy. How does it smell ?

Famous Youtube reviewer Jeremy has released a fragrance called Office for Men by his company called Fragrance One. Alberto Morillas is the nose behind this creation. On Facebook I see pictures of the fragrance but almost no feedback about the scent itself.

How does Office for Men smell and perform ? And do you guys think Jeremy will make history with this fragrance that was crowd-funded ?
    Last edited by Morpheus; 15th April 2019 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Correction

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Office for Men from Jeremy. How does it smell ?

Aberto Morillas
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Default Re: Office for Men from Jeremy. How does it smell ?

Eau de Bro.

I'm actually sure that, even not having smelled it, it's at worst "fine," but I'm also pretty certain that it's not worth the price tag (even at preorder "discount" rates).
    Swap Thread | Sale Thread

Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast