Code of Conduct
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 510 of 937
  1. #481
    slvrbckgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    Will these even ship out to the USA?...
    Fixed it for you.

  2. #482
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,101
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Still waiting for my bottles. Might have to take a trip to Germany if this goes past next week. So excited

  3. #483
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Yeah, that's the problem. Kickstarter is still the wild, wild west as far as what you can do if one fails or doesn't deliver.

  4. #484

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Man for the greatest fragrance ever there is still a distinct lack of reviews on this.

  5. #485
    slvrbckgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by seekritdude View Post
    Man for the greatest fragrance ever there is still a distinct lack of reviews on this.
    It has only been released to a handful of shills in his native Germany.

  6. #486

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    I received my bottle...

    The recycled cardboard packaging is a joke.
    Shame on them for this box.

    The sprayer is very good.

    Upon first spray, one fragrance popped up in my mind: Aventus.
    This is basically a younger version of Aventus, there is no smoke at all.
    It smells like a high-quality Aventus-Sauvage showergel, with something tropical-fruity.
    Notice that I say high-quality showergel, not a high-quality perfume or fragrance.
    Performance and longevity is certainly very good.

    It is not new or unique.
    It's basically the typical mishmash that is flooding the market today, although it's done a bit better.
    It's too expensive for what it is, they better not triple the prices for something like this.
    I can easily see this type of composition generating compliments and positive feedback because of the extreme freshness.
    I'll wear it and probably enjoy it from time to time
    It's hard to rate this scent because of the price, bad packaging and all the drama around this release.
    I was hoping for something more unique or ground breaking, but these giant fragrance corporations don't do that anymore.

  7. #487

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    I received my bottle...

    The recycled cardboard packaging is a joke.
    Shame on them for this box.

    The sprayer is very good.

    Upon first spray, one fragrance popped up in my mind: Aventus.
    This is basically a younger version of Aventus, there is no smoke at all.
    It smells like a high-quality Aventus-Sauvage showergel, with something tropical-fruity.
    Notice that I say high-quality showergel, not a high-quality perfume or fragrance.
    Performance and longevity is certainly very good.

    It is not new or unique.
    It's basically the typical mishmash that is flooding the market today, although it's done a bit better.
    It's too expensive for what it is, they better not triple the prices for something like this.
    I can easily see this type of composition generating compliments and positive feedback because of the extreme freshness.
    I'll wear it and probably enjoy it from time to time
    It's hard to rate this scent because of the price, bad packaging and all the drama around this release.
    I was hoping for something more unique or ground breaking, but these giant fragrance corporations don't do that anymore.
    This is what I don't get. Just rate the juice. Whether or not Jeremy is a huge douche, or the pricepoint blah blah blah sprayer/cap/cardboard it's not groundbreaking just evaluate how it smells. You guys.

  8. #488

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Ultimately, it's the juice that matters, but the price point inevitably sets a level of expectation that the juice will be judged against.
    Swap Thread | Sale Thread

    Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, English Laundry Windsor, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Remy Latour Cigar, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

  9. #489

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    This is what I don't get. Just rate the juice. Whether or not Jeremy is a huge douche, or the pricepoint blah blah blah sprayer/cap/cardboard it's not groundbreaking just evaluate how it smells. You guys.
    I did rate the juice.

  10. #490

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    I did rate the juice.
    "It's hard to rate this scent because of the price, bad packaging and all the drama around this release."

    Why is it hard?
    Lets count some of the things that don't affect the smell of the juice:
    1. Packaging
    2. Sprayer
    3. Cap
    4. Jeremy douche or not
    5. Jeremy lying about a Ferrari or some such shit.
    6. Price
    7. Drama or no drama

    Now, to be fair, some of those things might be worth mentioning. Like "The juice is similar to Dylan Blue or Sauvage, blah blah blah, I'd give the scent itself a 7. However given X-Y-Z, pricepoint and a few other things like my basenotes cred, I can never see myself buying it or praising it in anyway, because the cool guys would kick me out of the club."

  11. #491

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    "It's hard to rate this scent because of the price, bad packaging and all the drama around this release."

    Why is it hard?
    Lets count some of the things that don't affect the smell of the juice:
    1. Packaging
    2. Sprayer
    3. Cap
    4. Jeremy douche or not
    5. Jeremy lying about a Ferrari or some such shit.
    6. Price
    7. Drama or no drama

    Now, to be fair, some of those things might be worth mentioning. Like "The juice is similar to Dylan Blue or Sauvage, blah blah blah, I'd give the scent itself a 7. However given X-Y-Z, pricepoint and a few other things like my basenotes cred, I can never see myself buying it or praising it in anyway, because the cool guys would kick me out of the club."
    You seem to be angry about my review.
    Again: all the info is in there.
    I think most people over here expected me to completely burn down this fragrance.
    I have smelled this before and I have mixed feelings about this.

    I would not buy a full bottle if I had bought a sample, let's state it that way.
    I probably won't sell it because I don't have a Sauvage-like fragrance.
    And by the way: I am getting sick with all these Aventus ripoffs.
    This was a first impression.
    I don't think the above opinion will change drastically though.

  12. #492

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    [..]don't affect the smell of the juice:
    6. Price[..]
    This is the typical corporate niche BS to jack up prices immensely and getting away with it under the false pretence of being artsy-fartsy.
    This kind of statement makes no sense at all.

    These statements are made by perfumers like Francis Kurkdjian, you know, the guy who sold his brand to LVMH...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    ...because the cool guys would kick me out of the club....
    Which club?
    I'm a member since 2006, I'm not into any elitist club which likes putrid toilet-aouds and raves about these stinky fragrances.
    I'm barely posting or checking the forum nowadays and nobody is missing me.
    You have my real opinion over here.

  13. #493

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    That gives an idea of the juice quality. You say it doesn't deserve 4/10.... if so, why did you sell a bottle? A real fraghead would have for sure kept a backup bottle, if it was a such a "gem"... especially knowing that prices may rise soon
    I've sold my two bottles because I want to keep my collection small and that fragrance doesn't wow me. So I didn't see a point to keep them and I would rather wear some others which I own.
    But it's not that bad, I gave it a 7,5/10. I didn't like the piercing quality of that synthetic woodyness in the base, it gave me a hard time to wear it. But there are many scents out there, which got that too and are well appreciated.

  14. #494

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    I had no interest at all in buying a kickstarter fragrance from a YouTube ‘reviewer’.

    Yes I buy fragrance because I like the smell. But I also buy it for the bottle and presentation. That’s why, when I used to wear Amen, I bought the metal flask, not a rubber flask. That why I still buy Gaultier’s Le Male in the tin. When we get into niche territory, I expect the bottle and overall presentation to be excellent.

    And if you look at Kim Kardashian’s ‘Body’ fragrance, you will see that you can, with a little imagination, do something interesting with some cardboard.

    It’s funny that people expect the price to rise. I expected it to be a very average generic fragrance and that it would soon be heavily discounted. I guess there is a huge Jeremy fanboy club after all.

  15. #495
    slvrbckgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    This is what I don't get. Just rate the juice. Whether or not Jeremy is a huge douche, or the pricepoint blah blah blah sprayer/cap/cardboard it's not groundbreaking just evaluate how it smells. You guys.
    He did rate/review the juice. Pretty in-depth as a matter of fact. He is entitled to feel, and speak about, whatever other portion of the packaging, bottle, sprayer, or man behind this ridiculous sham all he wants. He paid for the fragrance and reviewed it. Who are you to come in here and make demands of him and his opinions? All of those things are absolutely a factor to a lot of people. I for one found his review, in its entirety, informative.

  16. #496
    Super Member painted_klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    495

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    I received my bottle...

    The recycled cardboard packaging is a joke.
    Shame on them for this box.

    The sprayer is very good.

    Upon first spray, one fragrance popped up in my mind: Aventus.
    This is basically a younger version of Aventus, there is no smoke at all.
    It smells like a high-quality Aventus-Sauvage showergel, with something tropical-fruity.
    Notice that I say high-quality showergel, not a high-quality perfume or fragrance.
    Performance and longevity is certainly very good.

    It is not new or unique.
    It's basically the typical mishmash that is flooding the market today, although it's done a bit better.
    It's too expensive for what it is, they better not triple the prices for something like this.
    I can easily see this type of composition generating compliments and positive feedback because of the extreme freshness.
    I'll wear it and probably enjoy it from time to time
    It's hard to rate this scent because of the price, bad packaging and all the drama around this release.
    I was hoping for something more unique or ground breaking, but these giant fragrance corporations don't do that anymore.
    Thank you for posting this. I feel that this is truly the first real look at this fragrance I have seen. You come across with the info we seek, and IMO, you don't seem biased one way or another.

    Well done.

  17. #497

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Failed boyband singer
    Became a magician
    Claps, spins, your cash: gone
    When the night takes on its own life, the tempo changes. Take along, languorous breath. Linger till dawn, keep your head in the stars. You're suspended in time.

  18. #498

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    He did rate/review the juice. Pretty in-depth as a matter of fact. He is entitled to feel, and speak about, whatever other portion of the packaging, bottle, sprayer, or man behind this ridiculous sham all he wants. He paid for the fragrance and reviewed it. Who are you to come in here and make demands of him and his opinions? All of those things are absolutely a factor to a lot of people. I for one found his review, in its entirety, informative.
    You missed the point G. I said that those things were relevant to a review. They just don't affect the scent or make it hard to rate. Reading comprehension. I'm out. Carry on.

  19. #499
    slvrbckgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    This is what I don't get. Just rate the juice. Whether or not Jeremy is a huge douche, or the pricepoint blah blah blah sprayer/cap/cardboard it's not groundbreaking just evaluate how it smells. You guys.
    You specifically demanded that he "just rate the juice" and "just evaluate how it smells". In his review he did indeed review the fragrance (I have pasted it below to make it easier for you to find) along with his review of the packaging, bottle, and opinion about the character behind the fragrance. Again I ask, who are you to demand of someone how to review a fragrance?

    Upon first spray, one fragrance popped up in my mind: Aventus.
    This is basically a younger version of Aventus, there is no smoke at all.
    It smells like a high-quality Aventus-Sauvage showergel, with something tropical-fruity.
    Notice that I say high-quality showergel, not a high-quality perfume or fragrance.
    Performance and longevity is certainly very good.

  20. #500
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,020

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    I know how you guys can find some common ground. Clap your hands and spin around a few times together. Do the Jeremy.

    Sorry, couldn't resist.

  21. #501

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    You specifically demanded that he "just rate the juice" and "just evaluate how it smells". In his review he did indeed review the fragrance (I have pasted it below to make it easier for you to find) along with his review of the packaging, bottle, and opinion about the character behind the fragrance. Again I ask, who are you to demand of someone how to review a fragrance?

    Upon first spray, one fragrance popped up in my mind: Aventus.
    This is basically a younger version of Aventus, there is no smoke at all.
    It smells like a high-quality Aventus-Sauvage showergel, with something tropical-fruity.
    Notice that I say high-quality showergel, not a high-quality perfume or fragrance.
    Performance and longevity is certainly very good.
    I'm really not into internet arguments with trolls. Sorry Bro.

  22. #502
    slvrbckgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I'm really not into internet arguments with trolls. Sorry Bro.
    So I am a troll because I disagree with your approach to someone who posted an earnest review? Please...I am all to happy to part ways with you as well. Keep on keeping on lil fella.

  23. #503
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    210

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Failed boyband singer
    Became a magician
    Claps, spins, your cash: gone
    Hahah

  24. #504
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    So I am a troll because I disagree with your approach to someone who posted an earnest review? Please...I am all to happy to part ways with you as well. Keep on keeping on lil fella.
    Guys, I think there's room enough (or at least there should be!) for varying opinions.

    I have to agree with slvrbckgorilla that Suppressor did review the juice.

    Having said that, I also think that presentation, price, etc. are also valid concerns that can be part of a review. For myself, I know that at certain price points, I expect good presentation and a fragrance that I truly love, and at lower price points, presentation is certainly less important to me, and I might even accept a fragrance that's OK but not fantastic. Value is important to me. That doesn't mean that I'm unwilling to pay a higher price point if I think something's great, but it does mean that I like when those factors are part of the review.

  25. #505
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,020

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    This Jeremy is tearing us all apart.
    Maybe if we clap our hands behind our backs and spin in the opposite direction, we can reverse the effects.

  26. #506
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    This Jeremy is tearing us all apart.
    Maybe if we clap our hands behind our backs and spin in the opposite direction, we can reverse the effects.
    No, if we do that, we'll turn back time, like Christopher Reeve did in Superman.

  27. #507
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,020

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by swangner View Post
    No, if we do that, we'll turn back time, like Christopher Reeve did in Superman.
    And instead of saving Lois from the quake, we will report all of Jeremy's vids before they even go up.

  28. #508
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    558

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Why do people hate Jeremy? Because he is successful or there are other reasons?

  29. #509
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Why do people hate Jeremy? Because he is successful or there are other reasons?
    I'm not saying that I hate him, I'm just joking around. I find him entertaining, actually, and I think he's fantastic at marketing and promotion. As far as advice goes, I definitely take what he has to say with a shaker-full of salt.

  30. #510

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Why do people hate Jeremy? Because he is successful or there are other reasons?
    I can’t speak to “hate,” but when I’ve watched a few of his recent videos I find them cringeworthy. I find the way that he presents himself as awkward and kind of ridiculous. So I don’t dislike him in any way for being successful, I simply dislike the way he presents himself as an internet personality and find it embarassing.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

    > Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com




Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Amouage Fragrance Thread
    By speckmann0706 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 320
    Last Post: 22nd June 2019, 12:14 AM
  2. AbdesSalaam Attar / La Via del Profumo - official fragrance discussion thread
    By hoschhti in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 538
    Last Post: 17th June 2019, 03:09 PM
  3. The *OFFICIAL* Men's 2019 Fragrance Resolutions Thread
    By Buysblind in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 31st December 2018, 12:04 PM
  4. The Amazing Service by a Fragrance House Official Thread
    By Diamondflame in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12th December 2016, 01:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000