Code of Conduct
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 660 of 937
  1. #631
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tracks, Wrong Side of
    Posts
    5,083

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Perhaps he's counting on purchases for significant others?
    Now you're just goading me, aren't you? Well, I'm not going to bite. I'm not going to make any comment about how it would be giving them the benefit of the doubt to assume that the Fragrant Soldiers even know any actual women. Nope, I absolutely won't do that.

  2. #632

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    I'm assuming? But how many significant others are going to be thrilled about receiving what is essentially a "celebrity fragrance" tied to some fella on YouTube? (Genuine question.)

    Anyway, I think what the success of Office for Men will open the door to more crowdfunded scents, which could be a good thing in the long run.
    I don't think it's a good idea. But what other logic would it be? He has to know his followers aren't women. It's a weird move for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Now you're just goading me, aren't you? Well, I'm not going to bite. I'm not going to make any comment about how it would be giving them the benefit of the doubt to assume that the Fragrant Soldiers even know any actual women. Nope, I absolutely won't do that.
    Ha! Well then, I won't say they'd buy it preemptively to have in their super secret ladykillerz gift arsenal. You know, just in case. One must be prepared for The Office Effect.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

  3. #633
    Basenotes Institution dougczar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    30,141

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GourmandMichael View Post
    Thanks! I think I need to give my wallet a rest for a bit
    I have been saying the same thing for 7 years. I hope you have better luck than I have had.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    But you have not answered my question concerning how you know for sure that it's not a scam, semi-scam, cash grab, or whatever you want to call it? In other words, suppose Jeremy is making a lot of money from this, and while it's a decent office scent, the liquid portion of the product cost pennies to make?
    Charging much more than raw material costs does not make it a scam. Not delivering a product would be a scam. There were no hidden fees, or additional charges after ordering. And the user was not guaranteed a list of ingredients used prior to ordering.

    And when it comes to blind-buying is always the buyer's fault if they don't wind up liking it. I was never considering buying this product, but I wouldn't call it a scam - the price was known. Well, coming in a cheap box without a cap maybe comes close (since I think when you buy a non-tester, it can almost be assumed that it will have a cap).
    Current Summer Favorites:

    1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

  4. #634

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I have been saying the same thing for 7 years. I hope you have better luck than I have had.




    Charging much more than raw material costs does not make it a scam. Not delivering a product would be a scam. There were no hidden fees, or additional charges after ordering. And the user was not guaranteed a list of ingredients used prior to ordering.

    And when it comes to blind-buying is always the buyer's fault if they don't wind up liking it. I was never considering buying this product, but I wouldn't call it a scam - the price was known. Well, coming in a cheap box without a cap maybe comes close (since I think when you buy a non-tester, it can almost be assumed that it will have a cap).
    Right, but again, for the third time, he acts like he's doing a great favor to his "fans," unlike all other fragrance companies. Did he ever say, "and I hope to make a major profit from this?" If he did, what would the response be? And why can't he open his books and show his fans exactly what is going on? Why not refund the excess cash he brings in? A "labor of love" does not have to be profitable and usually is not! If he wants to be a straight-up fragrance company, as some BNers have done, such as Kerosene, that's fine, but don't market a super-cheap fragrance and talk about how great it is and how you are doing everyone a big favor (why not tell everyone what the fragrance portion costs?). But perhaps this sort of thing is the "new normal." To me, it's an invitation to being scammed (if you put your critical faculties aside and don't question this kind of endeavor).

  5. #635

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    But you have not answered my question concerning how you know for sure that it's not a scam, semi-scam, cash grab, or whatever you want to call it? In other words, suppose Jeremy is making a lot of money from this, and while it's a decent office scent, the liquid portion of the product cost pennies to make? The obvious question would seem to be, why is he charging so much? If you think he is "a friend to the community," and the purpose is to make available an excellent office scent (never mind that I think such a notion is oxymoronic), then shouldn't buyers get a refund once the initial cost is covered? Shouldn't an accountant be empolyed by him to tell buyers this kind of information? If he thinks he's the male and twenty-first century version of Coco Chanel, that's a different matter entirely, but he doesn't seem to want such a designation. Instead, he portrays himself as a friend who is trying to help out his followers, but everything so far seems like a simple "cash grab" to me. It reminds me of those Christian ministers who tell their followers that they need a private jet and do little if anything to help the less fortunate, possessing a vicarious quality. To sum up, if someone is going to do act like a friend, then I would want transparency, and he shouldn't make more than a small profit for his time/effot. If not, then why all the verbiage (on his part)? Just say you are starting a new fragrance company, your first release being an office scent that takes elements of Sauvage, Aventus, BdC., etc. (or whatever), and provide ordering information (including a pre-ordering possibility, if there is one), like one BN member recently did (Rogue Perfumery). One doesn't require a "song and dance" when one purchases a fragrance! That is generally done when the product is faulty, over-priced, or nonexistent.
    1. The burden of proof is on the accuser, or the asserter of a position. 2. Trying to make money is what nearly all companies and people do, that in itself means nothing. 3. A physical product was delivered that met what was promised (except for the subjective, yet perfectly transparent marketing such as saying it was the best in his eyes). 4. Half the time salesmen act like your friend, and like they're doing you a favor, whether they're selling a house, a car, a watch, or even oxiclean on an infomercial. This isn't ideal, but we don't say that all of these products sold are scams. 5. Refunds are often a good marketing strategy that many companies employ, but not offering one doesn't make something a scam. For that matter, I bet there are many niche and indie houses that don't offer refunds. 6. Accountants don't normally disclose refunds to customers, they simply track that kind of information on financial statements for the use of management, it's just not an accountant's job. 7. Disliking someone's marketing doesn't make their product a scam. It just means you don't like their marketing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    But why the "song and dance?" Just say you composed a fragrance that you think your "fans" will like and provide the ordering information, like normal companies do! If they complain about the price, you've either got to keep quiet (or say it's like any other capitalist venture) or provide the relevant information to them (and perhaps refund some money). So, I'm not disagreeing with him cashing in big time here, if he does, but don't try to mask that as something else! It will be fairly obvious that what the buyer receives costs perhaps a few dollars to manufacture, so why not disclose the financials? If not, then don't act like a great friend doing an act of incredibly generosity here, especially at this price point. It impresses me as "obvious cash grab," but whatever the case, the drama over an office scent is something I find hilarious, so thanks Jeremy, for providing me with a good laugh!
    8. He was pretty open about wanting to make money, especially when he showed off his Ferrari. Would any of his fans be surprised that he wants to make money? 9. Creed engages in very dishonest, and even more over-the-top marketing. It's silly, but also not a scam because everyone understands what Creed is doing. "Song and dance" marketing is nothing unique by the way; many companies do it, it doesn't make all of those products scams. 10. He doesn't "got" to do anything if people complain about the price any more than you would if you were to sell a fragrance on Ebay. If someone complained about your price, you don't have to do anything, even if your price is too high. 11. Disclosing financial statements (let alone exact manufacturing costs per bottle) is something that 99% of private companies don't do, and if they did, it would usually be considered weird. Depending on the contract with Firmenich, it's also probably illegal because it would either hurt Firmenich's ability to attract clients, or could damage future negotiations with clients over price. To sum up, don't advocate for people to do things that are likely illegal, and just because you don't like someone's marketing methods doesn't make the product they're selling a scam.

  6. #636

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonewithcologne View Post
    1. The burden of proof is on the accuser or asserter of a position. 2. Trying to make money is what nearly all companies and people do, that in itself means nothing. 3. A physical product was delivered that met what was promised (except for the subjective, yet perfectly transparent marketing like saying it was the best in his eyes). 4. Half the time salesmen act like your friend, and like they're doing you a favor, whether they're selling a house, a car, a watch, or even oxiclean on an infomercial. This isn't ideal, but we don't say that half of all products sold are scams. 5. Refunds are often a good marketing strategy that many companies employ, but not offering one doesn't make something a scam. For that matter, I bet there are many niche and indie houses that don't offer refunds. 6. Accountants don't normally disclose refunds to cutomers, they simply track that kind of information on financial statements for the use of management, it's just not an accountant's job. 7. Disliking someone's marketing doesn't make their product a scam. It just means you don't like their marketing.



    8. He was pretty open about wanting to make money, and showing off his Ferrari. Would any of his fans surprised that he wants to make money? 9. Creed engages in very dishonest, and even more over-the-top marketing. It's silly, but also not a scam because everyone understands what Creed is doing. "Song and dance" marketing is nothing unique by the way; many companies do it, it doesn't make all those products scams. 10. He doesn't "got" to do anything if people complain about the price any more than you would if you were to sell a fragrance on Ebay. If someone complained about your price, you don't have to do anything, even if your price is too high. 11. Disclosing financial statements (let alone exact manufacturing costs per bottle) is something that 99% of private companies don't do, and if they did, it would usually be considered weird. Depending on the contract with Firmenich, it's also probably illegal because it would either hurt their ability to attract clients, or could damage future negotiations with clients over price. To sum up, don't advocate for people to do things that are likely illegal, and just because you don't like someone's marketing methods doesn't make the product they're selling a scam.
    I'll let readers decide what to make of it all, as I'm not going to keep making the same argument on this subject, but no, I don't have an obligation to "prove" anything, because my position is that he seems to "want it both ways," and is doing something other perfumers/companies do not do. One can agree about the perception that he wants to have it both ways, but not about the fact that his attempts to explain why the scent is priced so high are highly unusual.

  7. #637

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Most of the juices you found in your typical 100ml bottles of designer and niche brands' perfumes are not worth more than 5$, the most of it not even 2$.
    So everything is "scam" then?
    Or is it just because someone doesn't like Jeremy?

    I know, I sound like a broken record - but it's just a fragrance. Buy it or don't buy it.
    Simple as that.

  8. #638

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Most of the juices you found in your typical 100ml bottles of designer and niche brands' perfumes are not worth more than 5$, the most of it not even 2$.
    So everything is "scam" then?
    Or is it just because someone doesn't like Jeremy?

    I know, I sound like a broken record - but it's just a fragrance. Buy it or don't buy it.
    Simple as that.
    Right but I can buy a 100 ml bottle of a Chanel, Dior, YSL, etc. for a lot less (usually with bottles/packaging that are a lot nicer, for those who care), even at the local dept. stores, so yes, if he is doing something that is unusual (double price of a designer and cheapo packaging), but acting like a "friend to the online fragrance community," then something is very wrong, IMO.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 2nd May 2019 at 02:51 AM.

  9. #639
    slvrbckgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    LOL at the people still defending this clown and his mockery of a fragrance. Do you even realize how low you have dropped the bar? You guys started at “it’s the next Aventus, it’s going to be amazing!” And have fallen all the way to “yay, he shipped a few and it’s not terrible!” Paired with “it’s not a scam! He’s just making money like everyone else.” All that comes to my mind is the age old saying...”a fool and his money are soon parted”.

  10. #640

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    Do you even realize how low you have dropped the bar? You guys started at “it’s the next Aventus, it’s going to be amazing!”
    Who said that?

  11. #641
    slvrbckgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Who said that?
    What? Are you expecting me to name names? Show you specific quotes? Obviously I was paraphrasing. I apologize that you took those quotations so literally. The #fragrancearmy was very clear on this website, as well as many others, that they thought this fragrance was going to be incredible and defended that with extreme vitriol and hostility. Now that the cat is out of the bag and most people are comparing it to body wash and mediocre fragrances (yourself included) no one from #fragrancearmy is thumping their chest about the greatness of this fragrance any longer. Just damage control now. Yay it shipped. Yeah but it’s not terrible. It’s totally not a scam. (Those aren’t direct quotes, again, paraphrasing),

  12. #642

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    ...

  13. #643

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    LOL at the people still defending this clown and his mockery of a fragrance. Do you even realize how low you have dropped the bar? You guys started at “it’s the next Aventus, it’s going to be amazing!” And have fallen all the way to “yay, he shipped a few and it’s not terrible!” Paired with “it’s not a scam! He’s just making money like everyone else.” All that comes to my mind is the age old saying...”a fool and his money are soon parted”.
    No one said it was going to be nearly as good as Aventus besides a few low post trolls, and Cameron who was joking. No one besides them heaped any such praise for it either.

    When you said "Paired with “it’s not a scam! He’s just making money like everyone else."', you were clearly referring to my recent post. I was saying that trying to make money does not establish something as a scam, since almost all legitimate business activity aims to make a profit. Please present what I say in context.

  14. #644
    slvrbckgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonewithcologne View Post
    No one said it was going to be nearly as good as Aventus besides a few low post trolls, and Cameron who was joking. No one besides them heaped any such praise for it either.

    When you said "Paired with “it’s not a scam! He’s just making money like everyone else."', you were clearly referring to my recent post. I was saying that trying to make money does not establish something as a scam, since almost all legitimate business activity aims to make a profit. Please present what I say in context.
    And you’ve missed my point completely. The context is, no longer are people arguing about how great this fragrance is going to be. People on your side of the coin have dropped the bar so low they are making arguments such as; “it’s not a scam, he’s just making money like everyone else” and “some bottles have finally shipped” and “reviews are saying it’s not terrible” which are pretty damn low bars to clear. What happened to all the cheers of it being a passion project? Of this being a groundbreaking fragrance? It has no longer become a defense of the scent, but, defend at all costs and looking for justification anywhere you can find it. And I think its funny.

  15. #645

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    What? Are you expecting me to name names? Show you specific quotes? Obviously I was paraphrasing. I apologize that you took those quotations so literally. The #fragrancearmy was very clear on this website, as well as many others, that they thought this fragrance was going to be incredible and defended that with extreme vitriol and hostility. Now that the cat is out of the bag and most people are comparing it to body wash and mediocre fragrances (yourself included) no one from #fragrancearmy is thumping their chest about the greatness of this fragrance any longer. Just damage control now. Yay it shipped. Yeah but it’s not terrible. It’s totally not a scam. (Those aren’t direct quotes, again, paraphrasing),
    Yeah, why not give some quotes - or do you just claim those things and can't verify them? That would be just trolling.

    I haven't seen any guys here who said it's going to be the next Aventus, but maybe I missed those posts.
    On the German Parfumo forum there was no single member who said such things - the consensus there was, that it's going to be the worst fragrance on earth (such like Jeremy seems to be the worst person on earth).

    Now the fragrance is launched and it's much better than expected. Even those little group of Youtube fragrance reviewers, who had nothing better to do than to bash and make fun out of Jeremy in the past had to admit it. THAT was funny!

    I don't know one single person, who bought and received the bottles and regretted it massively. Worst thing was, that they didn't like it that much and could sell it with a profit. So who cares?

    I'm sorry for you haters.

  16. #646
    slvrbckgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Yeah, why not give some quotes - or do you just claim those things and can't verify them? That would be just trolling.

    I haven't seen any guys here who said it's going to be the next Aventus, but maybe I missed those posts.
    On the German Parfumo forum there was no single member who said such things - the consensus there was, that it's going to be the worst fragrance on earth (such like Jeremy seems to be the worst person on earth).

    Now the fragrance is launched and it's much better than expected. Even those little group of Youtube fragrance reviewers, who had nothing better to do than to bash and make fun out of Jeremy in the past had to admit it. THAT was funny!

    I don't know one single person, who bought and received the bottles and regretted it massively. Worst thing was, that they didn't like it that much and could sell it with a profit. So who cares?

    I'm sorry for you haters.
    Haha, no. I am not going to go back through this thread just to try and find some quotes to provide you. Also, since you are new here and probably aren't aware, this site has purged quite a few threads (and posts within this thread) about this topic. I can think of a particular instance that I was involved in fact, I was going back and forth with someone because they were claiming this to be a "passion project" for this character, and, I disputed that claim based on what the very clear definition of a passion project is. That entire conversation was removed, along with many others. You are free to disagree or cast my observations aside, it really makes no difference to me. The fact remains the narrative has shifted considerably over the past couple months and the bar continues to be lowered by his backers. All this coming from a guy who compared it to a mediocre (at best) Bvlgari fragrance and unloaded both of his supposed bottles almost immediately because it didn't "wow" him and then touts that he was able to turn a profit on the sales? Yeah...I am going to go ahead and take anything you say in defense of this fragrance with a heaping spoonful of salt.

  17. #647

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    Haha, no. I am not going to go back through this thread just to try and find some quotes to provide you. Also, since you are new here and probably aren't aware, this site has purged quite a few threads (and posts within this thread) about this topic. I can think of a particular instance that I was involved in fact, I was going back and forth with someone because they were claiming this to be a "passion project" for this character, and, I disputed that claim based on what the very clear definition of a passion project is. That entire conversation was removed, along with many others. You are free to disagree or cast my observations aside, it really makes no difference to me. The fact remains the narrative has shifted considerably over the past couple months and the bar continues to be lowered by his backers. All this coming from a guy who compared it to a mediocre (at best) Bvlgari fragrance and unloaded both of his supposed bottles almost immediately because it didn't "wow" him and then touts that he was able to turn a profit on the sales? Yeah...I am going to go ahead and take anything you say in defense of this fragrance with a heaping spoonful of salt.
    Could be, that I don't have seen that posts, which may have been deleted.

    Yes, I ordered two bottles for 80 Euros each, just because I was curious and was aware, that I could sell them without any problems at least to this price tag if I don't like them. I never had expected it to be better than any of my top 10 fragrances and certainly not to be the "next Aventus" as I don't care for Aventus, I never have bought Aventus in my life (aside two small decants to try it out).

    Yes, I have personally sniffed it and gave my honest opinion about it. You on the other hand haven't ever sniffed it but hating around here and trying to make fun out of things which obviously haven't ever happened.

    I don't know about your personal problems with Jeremy and what's the reason for your passion to rant about a scent, you've never tried.
    The scent itself is okay, like I've said. I gave it a 7,5/10 which isn't that bad, isn't it? You'll find a lot of guys on the Parfumo forum, who gave it an 8/10 to 10/10 - so there ARE people who really like it.

    And of course there are a lot of haters, who have never smelled it and gave it 0/10 to 3/10, which I can't take serious. At least these fragrance Youtubers were fully aware about that they would made themselves even more laughable, if they do the same with such bad fake ratings.

    So all in all, it's a successful release from Jeremy, the second batch seems to be currently sold out - though your rants imply, it's now the common knowledge, that the scent isn't worth the money.

    What about ordering a decant and try it by yourself? Maybe you'll end up liking it?

  18. #648

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    This thread in a nutshell:

    Swap Thread | Sale Thread

    Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, English Laundry Windsor, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Remy Latour Cigar, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

  19. #649

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    This thread in a nutshell:
    Haha, nice!

  20. #650
    slvrbckgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Could be, that I don't have seen that posts, which may have been deleted.

    Yes, I ordered two bottles for 80 Euros each, just because I was curious and was aware, that I could sell them without any problems at least to this price tag if I don't like them. I never had expected it to be better than any of my top 10 fragrances and certainly not to be the "next Aventus" as I don't care for Aventus, I never have bought Aventus in my life (aside two small decants to try it out).

    Yes, I have personally sniffed it and gave my honest opinion about it. You on the other hand haven't ever sniffed it but hating around here and trying to make fun out of things which obviously haven't ever happened.

    I don't know about your personal problems with Jeremy and what's the reason for your passion to rant about a scent, you've never tried.
    The scent itself is okay, like I've said. I gave it a 7,5/10 which isn't that bad, isn't it? You'll find a lot of guys on the Parfumo forum, who gave it an 8/10 to 10/10 - so there ARE people who really like it.

    And of course there are a lot of haters, who have never smelled it and gave it 0/10 to 3/10, which I can't take serious. At least these fragrance Youtubers were fully aware about that they would made themselves even more laughable, if they do the same with such bad fake ratings.

    So all in all, it's a successful release from Jeremy, the second batch seems to be currently sold out - though your rants imply, it's now the common knowledge, that the scent isn't worth the money.

    What about ordering a decant and try it by yourself? Maybe you'll end up liking it?
    As I mentioned in my previous comment, I approach anything and everything you have to say with a huge, healthy dose of skepticism. Never mind the fact you aren't even addressing what my point is (backers lowering the bar to fit their narrative), you just continue to regurgitate your own talking points. Like I said previously, you are welcome to disregard what I said, how you feel about it makes no difference to me at all.

  21. #651

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    As I mentioned in my previous comment, I approach anything and everything you have to say with a huge, healthy dose of skepticism. Never mind the fact you aren't even addressing what my point is (backers lowering the bar to fit their narrative), you just continue to regurgitate your own talking points. Like I said previously, you are welcome to disregard what I said, how you feel about it makes no difference to me at all.
    You simply don't see, that you have already got your own narrative and keep telling the people how they should feel about their purchase.
    I don't know why it's that important to you to bash Jeremy and that fragrance, which you even haven't sniffed so far.
    So your posts are pretty pointless to me.

    And yeah, when writing this, I see the cartoon which Brooks have thrown in here, makes totally sense!

    However I simply dislike it when people are spreading hate (and even without any good reasons). There is no need to protect anyone from maybe "bad" or "wrong" purchases. Hopefully we are all grown up men so we can decide on our own what to buy and what to like. Hope you can agree with this.

  22. #652

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    As I mentioned in my previous comment, I approach anything and everything you have to say with a huge, healthy dose of skepticism. Never mind the fact you aren't even addressing what my point is (backers lowering the bar to fit their narrative), you just continue to regurgitate your own talking points. Like I said previously, you are welcome to disregard what I said, how you feel about it makes no difference to me at all.
    LMAO Sure Bro so obvious how much you don't care

  23. #653

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    And you’ve missed my point completely. The context is, no longer are people arguing about how great this fragrance is going to be. People on your side of the coin have dropped the bar so low they are making arguments such as; “it’s not a scam, he’s just making money like everyone else” and “some bottles have finally shipped” and “reviews are saying it’s not terrible” which are pretty damn low bars to clear. What happened to all the cheers of it being a passion project? Of this being a groundbreaking fragrance? It has no longer become a defense of the scent, but, defend at all costs and looking for justification anywhere you can find it. And I think its funny.
    People on "my side" like FragFrog were always saying "we don't know whether it will be good or bad." In fact, I reccomended people not to blind buy it. My side is the side of an unbiased observer. Please stop misrepresenting and disrespecting FragFrog and I. Since you won't provide provide FragFrog quotes of things that never happened, I will reccomend people to read your comments on pages two and three of this thread, where you say that Jeremy is paying off Basenotes.

  24. #654
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Can't we just let this thread die already? OK, some people like Jeremy, some don't. Some people think his fragrance is good, some don't.

    It's pretty clear at this point that no one is going to change anyone else's mind. Why are we still going on here, other than to increase our post counts (me included!)?

  25. #655
    slvrbckgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    You simply don't see, that you have already got your own narrative and keep telling the people how they should feel about their purchase.
    I don't know why it's that important to you to bash Jeremy and that fragrance, which you even haven't sniffed so far.
    So your posts are pretty pointless to me.

    And yeah, when writing this, I see the cartoon which Brooks have thrown in here, makes totally sense!

    However I simply dislike it when people are spreading hate (and even without any good reasons). There is no need to protect anyone from maybe "bad" or "wrong" purchases. Hopefully we are all grown up men so we can decide on our own what to buy and what to like. Hope you can agree with this.
    No, you are wrong again. I have not told anyone how they should feel about their purchase. I have only voiced my personal opinions and made observations of the commentary surrounding the fragrance. I have not directed anyone to do anything, nor am I so disillusioned as to believe that what I have to say holds any weight like that to anyone in an online forum. I can appreciate that you are white knighting for your cause, but, I simply do not agree in any way with you and your ilk when it comes to this clown or his fragrance.

  26. #656

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Swap Thread | Sale Thread

    Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, English Laundry Windsor, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Remy Latour Cigar, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

  27. #657

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    No, you are wrong again. I have not told anyone how they should feel about their purchase. I have only voiced my personal opinions and made observations of the commentary surrounding the fragrance. I have not directed anyone to do anything, nor am I so disillusioned as to believe that what I have to say holds any weight like that to anyone in an online forum. I can appreciate that you are white knighting for your cause, but, I simply do not agree in any way with you and your ilk when it comes to this clown or his fragrance.
    Dude, when even telling me, I'm "whiteknighting" now THAT is really, really wrong.
    If I wanted to be a SJW here on BN, I would agree with you and keep telling people what a horrible person that Jeremy is and what he've done to all the women, his "fans", their money and blah. But that's the problem with all the SJWs, who simply don't see, how they spread and cause even more hate and separation.

    I know that there's nothing I can say to stop you doing this - but at least you unmask yourself and your beliefs with every new post so I'm pretty sure, that most people could see that and make up their own opinion.

    And like I've said - IT'S JUST A FRAGRANCE!

  28. #658
    slvrbckgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonewithcologne View Post
    People on "my side" like FragFrog were always saying "we don't know whether it will be good or bad." In fact, I reccomended people not to blind buy it. My side is the side of an unbiased observer. Please stop misrepresenting and disrespecting FragFrog and I. Since you won't provide provide FragFrog quotes of things that never happened, I will reccomend people to read your comments on pages two and three of this thread, where you say that Jeremy is paying off Basenotes.
    People are more than welcome to go back and read those posts, if I had any concerns about that I would have deleted them. Although I will point out you are now misrepresenting what I said, if you go back and read it more thoroughly you will see that I said it was NOT monetary, but, for fear of negative criticism from him and his cult followers. Basenotes responded and I took them at their word and moved on. I am going to go ahead and mute both you and FragFrog because I find no value in what either of you have to say. Hope you both enjoy your respective fragrance journeys moving forward!

  29. #659

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Go read Slvrbckgorilla in full on pages 2-3, it's golden.

  30. #660

    Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    Hope you both enjoy your respective fragrance journeys moving forward!
    I certainly will do so, especially if there aren't coming any gorillas along the way and telling me how I should feel about the fragrances I've bought.




Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Amouage Fragrance Thread
    By speckmann0706 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 320
    Last Post: 22nd June 2019, 12:14 AM
  2. AbdesSalaam Attar / La Via del Profumo - official fragrance discussion thread
    By hoschhti in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 538
    Last Post: 17th June 2019, 03:09 PM
  3. The *OFFICIAL* Men's 2019 Fragrance Resolutions Thread
    By Buysblind in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 31st December 2018, 12:04 PM
  4. The Amazing Service by a Fragrance House Official Thread
    By Diamondflame in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12th December 2016, 01:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000