Code of Conduct
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Bingo.

People aren't talking about Office 1 for the same reason they're not talking about any other mediocre drop in the ocean of men's releases.
    And as I've said in the past with various "Johnny come lately" hyped scents, the more you wear and study a scent, the more you can convince yourself that it has "hidden nuances," "intriguing subtleties," etc., and so is a "masterpiece." If you do that with a bunch of other, much cheaper fragrances, you'd have the same perceptions, but only if you thought it was special to begin with. If it's some clone company and you bought a bottle at the dollar store, you would think it's "garbage," or at least those of a certain mindset would. By contrast, I prefer to be pleasantly surprised at how excellent so many "super cheapos" are these days, and simply cannot justify spending "big bucks" on any scent, unless of course I could resell it for a quick and substantial profit, and that opportunity very rarely occurs.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    You're seriously suggesting his personality has nothing to do with his getting his fans to fund him ?
    I'm put in mind of something once written by H.L. mencken :
    " “No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”
    You're referencing his "boobeois" H.L Menken was from my home town.
    oh look, I have a signature

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

TL;DR Competent, but nothing to make it stand out from the designer field, apart maybe from its strength.

While i secretly (or not so secretly) wanted it to crash and burn, considering the perfumer involved it’s pretty much the result I expected.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.
    Currently wearing: Dunhill Icon by Dunhill

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    You're referencing his "boobeois" H.L Menken was from my home town.
    Well after searching all the records this release seems to me to be a clear example of exploitation of the mass of the plain people by the tubeoisie, though hardly daring in scope when compared to the audacity of that inflicted on them by the propaganda department of the Petite Creedoisie

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Well after searching all the records this release seems to me to be a clear example of exploitation of the mass of the plain people by the tubeoisie, though hardly daring in scope when compared to the audacity of that inflicted on them by the propaganda department of the Petite Creedoisie
    I almost read that as "Exploitation by Tuberose", which sounds like the name of an Etat Libre d'Orange fragrance

I almost read that as "Exploitation by Tuberose", which sounds like the name of an Etat Libre d'Orange fragrance
    I should maybe have said Youtubeoisie but it's too much of a mouthful.
    I hope you file for royalties if Etat Libre adopt the name.

The only product youtubers are selling is themselves. The fragrance wasn't the commodity, the affect generated by the narrative of launching a perfume was.
    This is probably one of the best analyses of youtube on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FJE...&index=32&t=0s

This single exchange was totally worth the last 29 pages of...whatever that was.

I would totally buy that ELdO, btw.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    The only product youtubers are selling is themselves. The fragrance wasn't the commodity, the affect generated by the narrative of launching a perfume was.
    This is probably one of the best analyses of youtube on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FJE...&index=32&t=0s
    Great video. I followed her lol.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

They can give me lifetime access to free bottles if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    This single exchange was totally worth the last 29 pages of...whatever that was.

I would totally buy that ELdO, btw.

Thank you, and now for our next act, Democritus and I will juggle all the missing caps from the Fragrance One bottles.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Personally I find this thing about youtube\whatever media influencers so fascinating!
    A girl on Instagram says she doesn't like new UI for Snapchat and the company loses 1bln in capitalization that day.
    This is just mind blowing, how much power some ordinary people with passion and skills got through social media

This whole thread is thoroughly entertaining. It’s really helping pass the time.

As an aside, my partner recently asked me, “Have you heard of Jeremy Fragrance? He does a little spin in his videos. He’s the most popular fragrance reviewer—- he says he made the best scent of all time.” So there you go. Marketing at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    This whole thread is thoroughly entertaining. It’s really helping pass the time.

As an aside, my partner recently asked me, “Have you heard of Jeremy Fragrance? He does a little spin in his videos. He’s the most popular fragrance reviewer—- he says he made the best scent of all time.” So there you go. Marketing at its finest.
    And no conflict of interest there, right? LOL.

And then you immediately ghosted them, right?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Dependent
    Blog Entries

It’s not the best scent of all time but definitely top 5-10. Best of 2019 aside from aventus cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    It’s not the best scent of all time but definitely top 5-10. Best of 2019 aside from aventus cologne.
    Like dougczar, I'm slowly becoming a cameron fan.

Masterclass in deadpan satire.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

it performs very well
    Last edited by joov84; 20th June 2019 at 08:22 PM.
    Currently wearing: Lost Cherry by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Personally I find this thing about youtube\whatever media influencers so fascinating!
    A girl on Instagram says she doesn't like new UI for Snapchat and the company loses 1bln in capitalization that day.
    This is just mind blowing, how much power some ordinary people with passion and skills got through social media
    There's over a billion outstanding shares. So the stock moved less than a penny. Not that mind blowing.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by CutSmut View Post
    There's over a billion outstanding shares. So the stock moved less than a penny. Not that mind blowing.
    Their capitalization is around 20 bln, if they lost 1 bln - that's 5% loss!

(Posted in error)

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Like dougczar, I'm slowly becoming a cameron fan.

Masterclass in deadpan satire.
    Glad I am not the only one. I know trolling is not allowed here but dude is really funny. The devotion to Jeremy and his fragrance, the idolization of Erwin Creed; I love it.

i wouldn't mind trying it. is it classed as "beast mode" though. I only do "beast mode" perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyface View Post
    I only do "beast mode" perfumes.
    xDDD

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Schmo View Post
    Glad I am not the only one. I know trolling is not allowed here but dude is really funny. The devotion to Jeremy and his fragrance, the idolization of Erwin Creed; I love it.
    Whatever this age becomes known as in the history books, I have no doubt it will not be the Age of the Critical Thinker. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Schmo View Post
    This is what trolls crave.. attention.
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

Basenotes Member

Personally I think that anyone who has strong emotions about anyone they see on a screen (Youtube, TV, movies, whatever) has far too much time on their hands. But anyway...

One thing I'd like to see from his channel is a better variety of scents reviewed. He seems to go to the same couple dozen over and over again. His "Top 10 [Whatever] Fragrances" are really getting old. He's got what looks to be 500 fragrances on the shelves behind him, how about some new ones?

Other than that I like the guy. I don't pay much attention to his off-screen antics and I sure don't care. But he's a polyglot which I admire, he knows his stuff and he seems like the kind of guy I'd grab a drink and shoot the sh*t with so that's pretty much all I care about.

Breaking news: Jeremy inflates his own price to $182, only to discount it with a 30% code, bringing it back down to what it costed on the Kickstarter campaign. wow the #Fragarmy must be going gaga for this deal!
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

wonder what happened to the new $250 pricetag, that was a fast backtrack.

Does anybody else think that new packaging looks like cK style packaging?

Also, I can't tell if this is a better deal than Jeremy's fragrance or not:
    https://www.parfumsvintage.com/produ...-50ml-in-stock

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Breaking news: Jeremy inflates his own price to $182, only to discount it with a 30% code, bringing it back down to what it costed on the Kickstarter campaign. wow the #Fragarmy must be going gaga for this deal!
    And it comes with a cap! Which makes it a free cap, for 24 hours only. Act now.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast