Code of Conduct
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitter View Post
    LOL, at this point, who are you guys even watching? I've been unsubscribing if:
    -DUA hyping (Mr Smelly)
    -PV hyping (Too many to name)
    -Jeremy Frag ass kissing (4 guys so far)
    -Cheapies left and right
    -Same 10 fragrance every time

Seems I have no one left to watch anymore.
    I watch Wafts from the Loft, The Aetherealist, and Stumptown Smells.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Hommage à L'Homme, Michael Kors Michael for Men (vintage), Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite

Quote Originally Posted by seekritdude View Post
    Well besides robes08 again. Man his channel just got blasted, he is someone who has not benefited from it of course which again is very interesting psychologically and socially.
    I’ve been under the impression that Mark is one of the reviewers who garners quite a bit of respect. I’m not up on the latest YT happenings right now, but your statement here makes me feel like I’m missing something.

His channel just got blasted? What happened? I’m genuinely curious.

Basenotes Junkie Alonewithcologne's Avatar

Why is anyone annoyed that these two YouTube reviewers feature Jeremy? Half of their subscribers probably watch Jeremy. What do you expect them to do, bad mouth him? That would be kind of like insulting your boss.

Middle aged, pot bellied oud connoisseurs may bash Jeremy all they want, but they'll never win the affections of normal people.

Well I mean lets look at the facts, he use to be one of the biggest youtubers there was... now look at him...he gets very little views in the grand scheme of things. And so many smaller youtubers than him when he started out have far surpassed him.

He looked really dumb when he tried to talk shit about jeremy at first cuz like everyone else that was shit talking him at first, were doing it out of insecurity when he hadnt done anything actually wrong. And it actually made him more popular. To the extent that jeremy was able to get away with scamming the community then on the paetron, and making multiple fake videos for views saying he was gonna do one thing, only to then delete the videos and do the exact opposite. But by that time hes so popular it doesnt even matter...

I mean look at steven, carlos, you can name multiple people that since jeremy has become more popular their channels have also grown at a also fast rate to what they were doing before. Has marcs channel really grown at that kinda level? Considering he was one of the most famous youtube dudes if you will at the beginning?

Mark messes with the wrong fragrance influencer. Two years in a row influencer of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by seekritdude View Post
    Well I mean lets look at the facts, he use to be one of the biggest youtubers there was... now look at him...he gets very little views in the grand scheme of things.
    Ah, ok. You’re meaning in a general sense in regards to his subscriber numbers. I was thinking you meant that another YT reviewer had attacked him in a video or something of that nature.

I am too new to have seen other reviewers go at JF. Only Daver from Frag Bros, but I find Daver to be...well...I would say he’s kind of weird because he giggles at himself a lot, but I’m off the wall in real life myself. I also don’t have a fanbase on YT for a fragrance channel, so who am I to criticize...

At the end of the day, I watch my favorites and ignore the ones I don’t care about. I’m not going to bash those who put themselves out there in such a public way. People lose all humanity on the internet and I don’t understand it. If you don’t like the guy, watch someone you enjoy and be happy.

Thanks for the clarification.

I blind bought a bottle of Jeremy's Office for Men, and my initial thoughts. It really is bad, I mean REALLY, like wtf? It smells like it was inspired by Sauvage, it has a very slight hint of Aventus but much more synthetic in smell, and it has a lot of that fake woods smell that is nauseating. It's unbelievably potent and strong, and that is NOT office friendly. This should have been named Club for Men, not Office. The whole idea of him choosing fragrances for occasions for us is silly. We here are all fully capable of making our own decisions on what to wear in that setting.

Even though Jeremy won't accept returns, or his company, if you use Paypal they still cover you. They are already processing a refund for me, as I have told him this fragrance smells horrid, and is nothing as described. Jeremy gives other fragrance reviewers plugs in his vids for them to say good things about his fragrance in return, and all of his "strangers" he asks on the streets, are paid before hand, because nobody in their right mind could possibly like this stuff. It's a mess, and not only that, it's SUPER potent so everyone around you gets to smell how bad you stink!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    I watch Wafts from the Loft, The Aetherealist, and Stumptown Smells.
    What do you like about Wafts from the Loft? I don't care much about what reviewers say of a fragrance itself, but I do sometimes look for passionate conversation about perfume I enjoy from video makers, but these guys are something else. The duo of Porkchop and Sir Dorksalot pretending to be aristocrats. Porkchop gets on my nerves the most.

From what I've seen of their videos, I'd happily be friends with both of the Wafts blokes, who are affable and passionate. I don't get pretending-to-be-aristocrat vibes from either of 'em.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Hommage à L'Homme, Michael Kors Michael for Men (vintage), Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite

Quote Originally Posted by Davidoff_Bogart_Jacomo View Post
    I blind bought a bottle of Jeremy's Office for Men, and my initial thoughts. It really is bad, I mean REALLY, like wtf? It smells like it was inspired by Sauvage, it has a very slight hint of Aventus but much more synthetic in smell, and it has a lot of that fake woods smell that is nauseating. It's unbelievably potent and strong, and that is NOT office friendly. This should have been named Club for Men, not Office. The whole idea of him choosing fragrances for occasions for us is silly. We here are all fully capable of making our own decisions on what to wear in that setting.

Even though Jeremy won't accept returns, or his company, if you use Paypal they still cover you. They are already processing a refund for me, as I have told him this fragrance smells horrid, and is nothing as described. Jeremy gives other fragrance reviewers plugs in his vids for them to say good things about his fragrance in return, and all of his "strangers" he asks on the streets, are paid before hand, because nobody in their right mind could possibly like this stuff. It's a mess, and not only that, it's SUPER potent so everyone around you gets to smell how bad you stink!
    I love your review.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    From what I've seen of their videos, I'd happily be friends with both of the Wafts blokes, who are affable and passionate. I don't get pretending-to-be-aristocrat vibes from either of 'em.
    Well I guess everyone has a fan or two even Pete Davidson and Natacha Stolz.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    I love your review.
    It was a brilliant review, it is bang on.

The only way to get the fragrance to be anywhere acceptable is one spray, and to clothing, making sure that's nowhere near your face. That way you end up with a pineapple vintage / sauvage esque thing but not as offensive as it is on skin where it starts fizzing off and making you smell like a complete prat.

That said, if that's the effect you want just buy x-batch and save a bomb. Office for Men is so overpriced it is crazy. Plus, like Davidoff_Bogart_Jacomo said, it is so far removed from an Office Scent as it is way too strong. Wear that to the office and you'll be the office prick.
    Last edited by mfinz8; 8th September 2019 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonewithcologne View Post
    Middle aged, pot bellied oud connoisseurs may bash Jeremy all they want, but they'll never win the affections of normal people.
    How dare you call me a connoisseur.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mfinz8 View Post
    . Wear that to the office and you'll be the office prick.
    This made me laugh out loud.
    I used to not mind Jeremy, even though he was a shill, but this Fragrance One nonsense is just reeking of being a huge scam. Of all the honest reviews I've read or seen, none are positive. I just imagine it as a loud, screechy scent that is way too much for close quarters. And I'm a huge fan of X-Batch. I'm not even ashamed to admit that; PV as a company bites the weenie, but X-Batch is my jam.

I just wonder if people who are Jeremy Fragrance fans are actually pleased with Office for Men? Could we be seeing a loud fragrance renaissance?
    Current Rotation
    *Mont Blanc Explorer
    *Polo Ultra Blue
    *Mancera Cedrat Boise
    *Parfums de Marly Pegasus
    *Creed Aventus Cologne
    *Dior Sauvage edT
    *Chanel Allure Homme Sport eau extreme

Zero interest in youtube reviewers, followers, views and all that jazzmataz.
    What I do enjoy is reading your retorts - and speshly' when I read "office pr*ck" and "d*ckhead" - my brain zings "British!" like a copy of the Telegraph and village cricket - makes me giggle.
    Currently wearing: Lalique White by Lalique

Another 10/10 review!

https://youtu.be/ZkgIgIwqdXQ

Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
    Zero interest in youtube reviewers, followers, views and all that jazzmataz.
    What I do enjoy is reading your retorts - and speshly' when I read "office pr*ck" and "d*ckhead" - my brain zings "British!" like a copy of the Telegraph and village cricket - makes me giggle.
    What about 'wanker'?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

33 pages in with this nonsense!
    Fragrance is my favorite thing. So much so that if I leave the house and I don't put any on, I'll turn around and go back home.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    33 pages in with this nonsense!
    If you take away the snark, it's probably a page and a half.

Jeremy has also taken over my Facebook ads pages. I'll be scrolling down and then see his face. WTF? I know it's based on site activity, or whatever, so I blame this thread for me getting Jeremy ads. Thanks a lot.

Basenotes Member

I have always thought (and practised it) that if you really disliked someone, you simply ignored them.
    Nothing kills a thing more rapidly than the inpenetrable wall of indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas Moncreiff View Post
    I have always thought (and practised it) that if you really disliked someone, you simply ignored them.
    Nothing kills a thing more rapidly than the inpenetrable wall of indifference.
    It's like IT, or the Babadook?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    What about 'wanker'?
    Haha literal laff out loud.
    Lol by the by I'm quite interested in words and their histories, I think the aforementioned "pr*ick" is from a archaic term "prig" also of Dickens's fame.
    Get ya nerd on !

I wouldn't use that term but can see it easily rolling off the Earl Grey lubricated tongues of some Brits with aplomb!

This guys ad regarding the best cologne around hit my Facebook yesterday and I’ve never done any searches or watched the guy. Dear Lord
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    This guys ad regarding the best cologne around hit my Facebook yesterday and I’ve never done any searches or watched the guy. Dear Lord
    Yeah, the tag line is 'the greatest fragrance ever' or something like that. lol

Robes08 hurt his channel with the constant stop and restart of his channel. I'm not talking about when he'd go overseas but a few years back he kept saying he was gonna quit, didn't know if he wanted to go on, etc. He has however stayed true to his original style. He is not buying the newest frags to do quick first impressions. I think his haul videos were his best but he's either slowed down buying or prefers to do a few at a time with his Fragrance X partnership. His channel has not grown. Tiff Benson who he was helping out has long passed him by. Another reviewer who circled the drain is Al from Streetscents. I too am surprised to see JF #'s go up as much after the Patreon debacle and the dud that is his fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Lol "The Google" knows what frag I'm down with....
    20190909_211537.jpg

Ya a lot of reviewers besides robe have benefited from jeremy getting bigger. I also have seen jeremey promoting people who review his fragrance which is interesting.. honestly ive been holding off on even buying a sample of it to review because I feel like im supporting him for that paetron nonsense and the other deleting his videos where he kept changing his story.. but hey maybe I should try to get a sample now just to say I reviewed it and see if he shouts me out. *rubs chin* I deff wouldnt mind getting more views on my videos, but sadly ive never been lucky enough to have a bunch of companies send me freebies like other reviewers. Feels bad man when I see other people getting free bottles and ive actually had companies say they wont even send me a sample let alone a bottle.

What would people to say to this conversation:

Person A: "I really like this new formulation of Old Spice" but it's kind of weak."

Person B: "Oh, no problem! There's this Youtube guy who is selling a scent that is very similar but much stronger."

Person C: "Yes, but it's really expensive and it's not any better than Old Spice, just slightly different. Why don't you just spray more, since it's so cheap?"

Person A: "Oh, uh, yeah, I never thought of that."

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    What would people to say to this conversation:

Person A: "I really like this new formulation of Old Spice" but it's kind of weak."

Person B: "Oh, no problem! There's this Youtube guy who is selling a scent that is very similar but much stronger."

Person C: "Yes, but it's really expensive and it's not any better than Old Spice, just slightly different. Why don't you just spray more, since it's so cheap?"

Person A: "Oh, uh, yeah, I never thought of that."
    I hope to God current Old Spice doesn't smell anything like how people have been describing this scent.

*clutches my late Father's heirloom bottle of Old Spice with a death grip*
    oh look, I have a signature

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I hope to God current Old Spice doesn't smell anything like how people have been describing this scent.

*clutches my late Father's heirloom bottle of Old Spice with a death grip*
    I've got a P&G EdC in a plastic spray bottle, made in Canada. The first 10 minutes or so isn't good but then it's not bad (and I pad next to nothing for a 125 ml bottle). The major problem is that I have vintage PS Fine Cologne, which is similar but far superior. In any case, I'd probably prefer wearing this OS formulation to the Jeremy scent. LOL.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 LastLast