Code of Conduct
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34
Results 991 to 1,011 of 1011
    The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I've got a P&G EdC in a plastic spray bottle, made in Canada. The first 10 minutes or so isn't good but then it's not bad (and I pad next to nothing for a 125 ml bottle). The major problem is that I have vintage PS Fine Cologne, which is similar but far superior. In any case, I'd probably prefer wearing this OS formulation to the Jeremy scent. LOL.
    Mine is an older glass bottle circa 80's/90's because my dad barely used it (he was super hardcore Mennen guy and had all their now-DC'd colognes like Hawk and Millionaire).

He also would have laughed at Jeremy's spin trick XD
    oh look, I have a signature

I've never heard the Old Spice comparison. Is it really that close? Or more just a dig on the jeremy fragrance and it's price point?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I've never heard the Old Spice comparison. Is it really that close? Or more just a dig on the jeremy fragrance and it's price point?
    The point is that if you are an "office scent" person, you probably already know of at least a few that you like and are not very expensive, so why not spray more? I chose the new Old Spice because some have complained that it is weak. It's a bit "chemical," though I have no doubt I'd find Jeremeys scent even more "chemical," and here the point is that while I can enjoy the new Old Spice, I'm not going to wear it more than once every couple of years, just as is the case for the "office scents" I own.

Since I last checked, it's been another 15 or so pages of people who have never smelled the fragrance and never will smell it trying to justify their continued discussion about it.

Very cringy to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack103 View Post
    Since I last checked, it's been another 15 or so pages of people who have never smelled the fragrance and never will smell it trying to justify their continued discussion about it.

But that's the discussion. Or at least an extremely large part of it. To ignore that part of it would be even more strange. Like jiggling keys or yelling and asking someone not to pay attention to it.

It was justified for me to speak of it because Iíve never googled/looked the guy up or watched a video in years and heís on my Facebook talking about the greatest scent ever. Part of this discussion is how heís marketed, built and run out this scent so to me itís all fair game
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

actually it pretty much died until someone who bought a blind bottle gave his opinion on it, maybe you missed that

Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
    Haha literal laff out loud.
    Lol by the by I'm quite interested in words and their histories, I think the aforementioned "pr*ick" is from a archaic term "prig" also of Dickens's fame.
    Get ya nerd on !

I wouldn't use that term but can see it easily rolling off the Earl Grey lubricated tongues of some Brits with aplomb!
    Oh you might enjoy other interchangeable descriptions for someone who'd be daft enough to wear something as screechy loud as this to an office such as a "right tit", a "berk", an "effing twit", a "pecker" or "a total f*ckwit".

I’ve smelled it and I think it’s excellent

It's the official Jeremy Fragrance thread.
    Cringe guaranteed or your money back

The way I see it, the review section is for reviews, at least here on BN. Threads like this are for various thoughts that may be tangential to the way a scent actually smells, such as marketing. Yes, you can comment on things like how the scent is marketed, who the perfumer is, what the sales are, how much hype there is for it, etc., without smelling it!

Fragrance One 20% discount ads are now appearing in my Facebook feed with the false claim "The best smelling fragrance ever made!" Needless to say, I reported it for false advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I’ve smelled it and I think it’s excellent
    Is it worth double the price of Sauvage and Bleu de Chanel?

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    Fragrance One 20% discount ads are now appearing in my Facebook feed with the false claim "The best smelling fragrance ever made!" Needless to say, I reported it for false advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    LMAO, I reported the post I saw as well. I forget if I selected it being a scam or because it was inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by CutSmut View Post
    What do you like about Wafts from the Loft? I don't care much about what reviewers say of a fragrance itself, but I do sometimes look for passionate conversation about perfume I enjoy from video makers, but these guys are something else. The duo of Porkchop and Sir Dorksalot pretending to be aristocrats. Porkchop gets on my nerves the most.
    Eesh, bit harsh. I did think they were married to each other for a while as they do come across a bit effete, which is a bit tiring, but by and large it feels like watching people with similar tastes and experience as myself, which is more useful than someone who just trots out the usual lowest common denominator. Their recent review with Sarah McCartney was a good watch. You won't find that on most youtubers' sites.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    Robes08 hurt his channel with the constant stop and restart of his channel. I'm not talking about when he'd go overseas but a few years back he kept saying he was gonna quit, didn't know if he wanted to go on, etc. He has however stayed true to his original style. He is not buying the newest frags to do quick first impressions. I think his haul videos were his best but he's either slowed down buying or prefers to do a few at a time with his Fragrance X partnership. His channel has not grown.
    I think the issue isn't he hasn't found his 'niche', if you'll ignore the pun.

There is room for a less frequently uploading, quality reviewer on youtube. But that's not really him. His camera and editing set-up is dreadful (literally, it's really, really not hard to pare it back to the basics, buy a good camera, and go from there, yet far too many youtubers have dreadful editing skills, with intros that look like they were made by the same person making posters for the village hall disco in the late 90s).

His videos are long but not concise. They're structured, but not in a really concise and exacting manner as well. That basically means you're just listening to him repeat himself quite a lot. You say he's not doing new releases, yet he's not doing niche and other things as well. He's also reuploading videos that were shot the best part of a decade ago which look absolutely awful. Clearly filmed on a camera phone, it comes across as desperate for views/money - preface them or re-edit them etc. Instead it feels like a lazy approach of 'remember me' or something similar.

If he moved away from the rambling, to a much more focused, well filmed (not just on a tripod - think well shot handheld with voiceovers spliced over the top when showing the bottle etc.) approach, being aware that you do need some clickbaity stuff to stay relevant, he'd probably do a lot better. Mix it up. Get in a routine. Do the new releases for the Jeremy-esque fans and they'll be watched by others. Do popular old classics, but do a review within current context - he has hundreds of bottles by the looks of things. That shouldn't be too hard. Get a good jingle/intro that isn't cringey, but definitely 'works'. Get better thumnails. That's really all there is to it. And then obviously keep to an upload schedule (same time every week for each 'type' of video you do?). I have no idea whether the monetisation would be worth it, but if it is, it's worth investing the time and money I would think.

There's clearly room for someone who can take what Jeremy does - all the surface image stuff - and not do it in such a tragic way. Everyone has met Jeremy - he's just someone who is averse to proper work, needs to be the centre of attention, and has the right mix of not much intelligence or self reflection, with a big helping of confidence, that means he's someone who can move around and superficially 'succeed' in a number of industries/places. For now it's fragrance.

Ultimately, if you look good, people will watch you. Jeremy is attractive enough - not saying he's as attractive as he thinks he is, but he's tall and lean, and that's a winner in terms of mens' looks on camera. Far too many fragrance reviewers are absolutely butt ugly - not just 'average', ugly. Several have speech impediments. In the real world, these mean nothing - in the whimsical world where everything boils down to image and presentability, I find it pretty shocking that someone good looking hasn't just gone 'right, all it takes is looking like me and a bit of knowledge to clean up here'.

Is it worth double the price of Sauvage and Bleu de Chanel?
    L
    Far better than edt of both. slightly better than parfum versions of both.

Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive díAmbre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

I should report you for bumping this thread.

Currently wearing: Cuir Beluga by Guerlain

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34