Code of Conduct
Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1315
    Basenotes Junkie Alonewithcologne's Avatar

Default Re: Jeremey Fragrance Office One vs Dior Sauvage EDT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Neither result is all that surprising!
    It is to the legion of cult-like Jeremy haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonewithcologne View Post
    It is to the legion of cult-like Jeremy haters.
    I think Jeremy is grotesque, but I don't struggle to believe that he produced a fragrance that met his compliment-getter mandate.

Additionally, the appeal of Aventus has been somewhat exaggerated by its fanbase.
    Holiday Favorites
    Bentley for Men Intense, English Laundry Windsor, Franck Boclet Tobacco, Guerlain Héritage EDT, L'Erbolario Méharées, L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford Extreme

Sauvage is cheaper, easier to find and quite popular. I personally believe it will eventually beat out Aqua di Gio as the best-selling men's fragrance of all time. Do with that opinion what you will.
    Currently Rotating:

*Davidoff Cool Water Summer 2018
    *YSL L'Homme Ultime
    *Vikor&Rolf Spicebomb
    *Dior Sauvage edT
    *Versace Pour Homme Dylan Blue

Office one is a horrible name for any fragrance.
    I haven't smelled it yet so I have no idea if it's good or not but I'm curious to see what it's like.

Neither result is all that surprising!
    Beating the newer batches of Aventus based on the ambroxan-loving opinions of young-middle aged English women is actually not that difficult.

Creed Aventus RIP 2016

Quote Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
    Sauvage is cheaper, easier to find and quite popular. I personally believe it will eventually beat out Aqua di Gio as the best-selling men's fragrance of all time. Do with that opinion what you will.
    You think it will have the legs? Interesting thought to look at sales of Sauvage compared to the first five years of ADG. It'll be interesting to see if Sauvage will carry on strong toward the end of the next decade, as ADG seems to keep going along fairly strong still.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

I think when something becomes a megahit it tends to stick around because people are creatures of habit. Will Sauvage be an ADG-level, decades-long bestseller? Probably not.
    Holiday Favorites
    Bentley for Men Intense, English Laundry Windsor, Franck Boclet Tobacco, Guerlain Héritage EDT, L'Erbolario Méharées, L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford Extreme

I think when something becomes a megahit it tends to stick around because people are creatures of habit. Will Sauvage be an ADG-level, decades-long bestseller? Probably not.
    It depends on if it ends up being a trendy product that was popular during a certain time, or if it's seen as something that won't be viewed as a dated and/or out of style cologne, by mainstream buyer standards anyway. There's no way to tell, is there? When ADG came out, did everyone just know that it would be going strong heading into a third decade?

I tend to think Sauvage and the trend to copy that DNA will keep going for another 3 to 5 years, then it should start swaying into another trend. Then we shall see if Sauvage will survive the shift.

I guess to get back to the topic....when does jeremy plan on putting out the second scent that he sometimes hints at?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    It depends on if it ends up being a trendy product that was popular during a certain time, or if it's seen as something that won't be viewed as a dated and/or out of style cologne, by mainstream buyer standards anyway. There's no way to tell, is there? When ADG came out, did everyone just know that it would be going strong heading into a third decade?

I tend to think Sauvage and the trend to copy that DNA will keep going for another 3 to 5 years, then it should start swaying into another trend. Then we shall see if Sauvage will survive the shift.
    Sauvage isn't as distinct, I think, as ADG, and that'll be what hurts it in the long run.
    Holiday Favorites

I guess to get back to the topic....when does jeremy plan on putting out the second scent that he sometimes hints at?
    It'll be announced before the end of the year, supposedly.
    Holiday Favorites

Sauvage isn't as distinct, I think, as ADG, and that'll be what hurts it in the long run.
    I would agree with that distinction and that it's a detriment to Sauvage in the long term.

I would agree with that distinction and that it's a detriment to Sauvage in the long term.
    That's also probably the detriment to Office for Men; it's so intent on reinforcing all the current trends that it's just more of what was already available, just amped up or refined. Not that JF was looking to make something people would be proudly wearing in ten years.

I think Aventus and Bleu will still be relatively well-regarded while Sauvage will be seen as being an increasingly dated artifact of its time.
    Holiday Favorites

DATE for Men. Apparently around Christmas time. He claims that he will be using real oud in it, if so, it would be right up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    DATE for Men. Apparently around Christmas time. He claims that he will be using real oud in it, if so, it would be right up my alley.
    I'm wondering if this will have a better reaction than Office for Men. FTR, I have smelled a sample of Office for Men and all the complaints on here and on Facebook are very valid...Ambrox-heavy, powerhouse that lasts forever. In other words, not great for the office at all. Date, with real oud, could go the same way...date frags, in my opinion, should not be loud at all. The scent should be discovered, not announced. Jeremy's huckster vibe aside, Date for Men could make Fragrance.One a real contender or doom it to irrelevancy.
    Currently Rotating:

*YSL L'Homme Ultime
    *Vikor&Rolf Spicebomb
    *Dior Sauvage edT

I'm wondering if this will have a better reaction than Office for Men. FTR, I have smelled a sample of Office for Men and all the complaints on here and on Facebook are very valid...Ambrox-heavy, powerhouse that lasts forever. In other words, not great for the office at all. Date, with real oud, could go the same way...date frags, in my opinion, should not be loud at all. The scent should be discovered, not announced. Jeremy's huckster vibe aside, Date for Men could make Fragrance.One a real contender or doom it to irrelevancy.
    Yeah, I wouldn't have associated Oud with a 'date' fragrance. Office One's notes and description sounds more like a date fragrance.

Yeah, I wouldn't have associated Oud with a 'date' fragrance. Office One's notes and description sounds more like a date fragrance.
    It's pretty loud for a date fragrance (Office for Men, that is) but certainly more suited to that or clubbing than wearing around the office.
    Currently Rotating:

*YSL L'Homme Ultime
    *Vikor&Rolf Spicebomb
    *Dior Sauvage edT

Maybe that's the concept:

Group office -> wear Office for Men -> individual office

It's pretty loud for a date fragrance (Office for Men, that is) but certainly more suited to that or clubbing than wearing around the office.

Unless you work in a club.....or your office is standing in front of a camera phone and doing youtube fragrance plugs for a living.

Yeah, I wouldn't have associated Oud with a 'date' fragrance.
    I would, as long as it's smooth "designer" oud and not barnyard "the real deal" oud.
    Holiday Favorites

I would, as long as it's smooth "designer" oud and not barnyard "the real deal" oud.
    True! There's sensual oud, then there's something that was buried behind the shed oud. lol The latter is typically what I associate more with ouds.
    The lighter more sensual ouds are, to me, more faint and don't project well and I don't get much out of them.

The lighter more sensual ouds are, to me, more faint and don't project well and I don't get much out of them.
    Depends on what it's blended with! Stuff like Bvlgari Black Orient has plenty of presence.

I'd expect something dark and sweet and spicy from Date for Men.
    Holiday Favorites

Depends on what it's blended with! Stuff like Bvlgari Black Orient has plenty of presence.

LOl, right. Let's remember who's making this.

LOl, right. Let's remember who's making this.
    It'll probably have La Nuit's cardamom note amped way up with a bunch of vanilla and a hint of "real" oud somewhere in there.
    Holiday Favorites

It'll probably have La Nuit's cardamom note amped way up with a bunch of vanilla and a hint of "real" oud somewhere in there.
    Nailed it. You're either very good at this or he's just the most predictable person ever. haha
    Major portions of both, I'd say.

Ha, the Black Orient is a Morillas scent, too!

And I've got the feeling when I once had the Office for Men bottles, that it was a more synthetic modern version of Bvlgari's Man Extreme.
    So that could be indeed happen, that Date for Men is a re-worked Black Orient.

And I remember that Jeremy liked Black Orient, too, even featured it once in one of his top lists (probably he's deleted that video), because I thougt "oh no, now everyone is going to buy it too",,, haha.

He also enjoyed Oud Satin Mood a lot - maybe the new one will be a more masculine version of that one?

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Ha, the Black Orient is a Morillas scent, too!
    Yep, *and* it features prominent cardamom!

I think Black Orient is pretty darn great, FWIW. Far and away the best of the Bvlgari Man line. I don't think JF's creation is as likely to be as distinctive.

I expect Date for Men will take the oud and cardamom from it and will leave out the smooth, dry Taif rose and boozy leather, replacing it with smooth vanilla woods.
    Holiday Favorites

Yep, *and* it features prominent cardamom!

I think Black Orient is pretty darn great, FWIW. Far and away the best of the Bvlgari Man line.
    You're absolutely right!
    After having experienced, what Bvlgari did to the regular Man in Black in 2016, I grabbed 3 full 100ml bottles of Black Orient, when it was released after having smelled it. It's an excellent scent! However I like the Man in Black All Blacks (limited edition) very much, too.

Man this thing is still going? Im tempted to get a sample of this now just to say I tried it.. but even getting a sample makes me feel like ive contributed to him after the paetron bs... so im really trying to hold out...

As for his date scent having oud well, that I recall dont fragrances like 24 gold, Hos of sillage no.1, kerosene blackmail have oud in them? I mean geez HOS no 1 smells awesome to me and if anything not only does it not smell offensive I see it being as potentially too sweet for some. But hey ive had many good reactions to it as well. Kerosene black mail smells very sweet as well but with a bit of a novelty touch because of the smokyness to it but its certainly inoffensive that I can see... .err smell... And well Ive never been super horny about 24 gold but surely that was a hyped fragrance in the community at one point. So its not out of the question

Quote Originally Posted by seekritdude View Post
    Man this thing is still going? Im tempted to get a sample of this now just to say I tried it.. but even getting a sample makes me feel like ive contributed to him after the paetron bs... so im really trying to hold out...
    Get a sample and try it - why not? It's just a fragrance and Jeremy is not the devil in person - he just wants to do his buisiness.
    Nothing wrong with Office for Men, for me it's just not that mindblowing as he advertised it. But can say that about a lot of other fragrances, too.

I won't preorder Date for Men but if someone of my fragrance buddies does, I'll ask for a decant for sure to check it out.

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast