Code of Conduct
Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1369
o

Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    I’m not a fan or non fan of his but to see what kind of random reach he has....I was at a Sephora talking to a Varvatos sales rep and we started talking perfumery in general. She was probably mid 40s. Dressed nice. Looked like a cute Mom. I told her I was on a website dedicated to our kind of talk..Basenotes. Her only response was “do you know of Jeremy Fragrance, he is so great and funny. He’s crazy” with an added giggle. So whatever he does it reaches around the market.
    Sounds like an easy one, lol
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Basenotes Plus

Most people live on YouTube so no surprise JF has reached the masses and looks do attract people obviously. Maybe only a matter of time before it is sold in the big stores, unless that costs a boat load for shelf space ha!
    Current Top Favorites

Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Ralph Lauren Polo
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Basenotes Member

Creating a generic fragrance that appeals to the masses.
    That is like a young pop singer rolling out a song for the kitschy souvenir culture.

"Money for nothin' and your chicks for free"!

Contrast his fragrance vibe with some of the gems from John Pegg's Kerosene line. No contest!

But pretty much all designer frag houses follow that formula. So it's business as usual, but if you're a fragrance enthusiast, it should be expected to release something above that. Otherwise, why bother, other than making money.

Quote Originally Posted by 3boysmad View Post
    Creating a generic fragrance that appeals to the masses.
    That is like a young pop singer rolling out a song for the kitschy souvenir culture.

"Money for nothin' and your chicks for free"!

Contrast his fragrance vibe with some of the gems from John Pegg's Kerosene line. No contest!
    I disagree with the word "creating" here. He hired someone (Morillas) to create the perfume. He is a promoter and marketer of the perfume. I'd even agree with "producer." But he didn't create it. Writing a brief is not creating something. It would be like if I called myself a writer, but I actually hired a ghostwriter to write my novels.

Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    I found this statement on the site :
    " No Budget Limitations for our Master Perfumers."
    Surely this is demonstrably false ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Where does the budget come from?
    By "no budget limitations," I assume that he means that he told his perfumer Morillas not to worry about the cost of materials? (Assuming he is not lying here.) Which would mean that he would charge more for the perfume the more expensive the materials. Assuming he has an accountant who could crunch some numbers for him based on the cost of the bottles and bottling, shipment, labels, and estimated sales, etc, he can price it for a certain expected profit.

Materials are generally a fairly small part of the cost of mainstream perfumes anyway. Niche stuff with real oud or real vanilla might become quite expensive. But the majority of commercial perfumes are made with aromachemicals that cost pennies to produce.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com
    Currently wearing: Vesper by Santa Eulalia

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    I disagree with the word "creating" here. He hired someone (Morillas) to create the perfume. He is a promoter and marketer of the perfume. I'd even agree with "producer." But he didn't create it. Writing a brief is not creating something. It would be like if I called myself a writer, but I actually hired a ghostwriter to write my novels.
    Did you see my James Patterson reference on the previous page? lol

Quote Originally Posted by swall101 View Post
    Has the bubble burst? Now doing a 2 for 1 offer ...... https://fragrance.one/cart
    Yes - or, this was always the marketing plan. I'm amazed anyone paid the asking price for this. Either deep pockets or...something...I don't know. There's no way I'd pay more than £30 a bottle to blind buy something like this, and that's under the proviso you could sell it on for minimal loss. I'd imagine selling it at its current price was always the intention if/when the initial sale buzz slowed down - the whole 'new bottle'/'new batch' thing is just to keep that initial buzz going for as long as possible...and when it finally tapers off again, bang, out comes the new scent. That's the model until they've squeaked the pips of his audience.
    "Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Most people live on YouTube so no surprise JF has reached the masses and looks do attract people obviously. Maybe only a matter of time before it is sold in the big stores, unless that costs a boat load for shelf space ha!
    This makes no sense and I'd be amazed to see that happen. The distribution for online selling is so much easier. I would be stunned if this every makes it in to a physical shop.

Did you see my James Patterson reference on the previous page? lol
    Hah, that's right. I just googled him, and it does say that some of his novels are written by ghostwriters.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    This makes no sense and I'd be amazed to see that happen. The distribution for online selling is so much easier. I would be stunned if this every makes it in to a physical shop.
    He means big stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Hah, that's right. I just googled him, and it does say that some of his novels are written by ghostwriters.
    Googled him? You didn't know who he was? He's hard to miss at WalMart and the grocery stores...seems like he releases two books a month, if not more.

Steven from Redolessence YT fame is launching his own line. I think Demi will too eventually. JF getting some competition in the YouTube space.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Googled him? You didn't know who he was? He's hard to miss at WalMart and the grocery stores...seems like he releases two books a month, if not more.
    Oh, I've heard of him. Not my style of reading material, but I googled him to find the controversy about his ghostwriters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Soooo..been here a bit. Like to think I’ve done ok relating to people here. Would hate for people to give me the stink eye but I have a maybe controversial opinion. I maybe had seen one of his videos yrs back but I literally have no back story on this guy. If I watched more I don’t remember: I’m not a YouTube person for scents. So the other day I watched a lot of his videos. Everything from favorite lists, to compliments, etc. And...I like his stuff. I can see why he’s popular. It’s not like he’s faking a snobbery in the industry. I mean his lists are pretty pedestrian and I honestly don’t like half he recommends but they are mass appealing, which isn’t a bad thing. He’s easy to listen to with basic explanations. So if he gamed the system to create his deals so be it. As an aside if the sexual stuff etc is true I’m with you, and he's appalling. But just as an industry person....this IS part of the industry. I’m not sure how he assaults people’s senses when we watch ads by so many industry leaders that are just as cringe worthy...looking at you Tom Ford (and that’s not a comparison to scents or knowledge) To me this is all entertainment and art. Oh well, I need to try this
    Last edited by ToughCool; 25th October 2019 at 05:59 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

Blog Entries

With my final wearing of this, I'm pretty much content on what I said previously, though I'd like the add that the middle of Office is a dead ringer for Ed Hardy Born Wild (which has been compared to Creed Viking). I couldn't figure it out for the longest time, until I found my bottle of Born Wild. Born Wild has a lot of emphasis on pink pepper, and uses that as a main note. The middle of Office, I get a lot of pink pepper, and I think this si where, if there is ever anything artistic about the fragrance, it comes out in the middle. Truly, I get 4 phases in Office. First, very fruity/bubblegum, very common, kind of smells like 1 Million without the spices, this is the shortest lasting phase. Second, I get a TON of bergamot, enough to overload my olfactory sense, it starts to smell like a dirty diaper at this point, and i also get a bit of lavender with the bergamot, though I dunno if it's a note or not. Third, I get this heavy pink pepper, but before I get that, it morphs from basically Norlimbanol. I suppose this 3rd stage can be argued on what it is, but to me, it almost smells like a page from Creed Viking's book. Finally, an hour later I get pure Ambroxan. Oddly enough I haven't decided if I like it or not. One thing for certain, I will not buy a bottle, because it's just simply too strong for me. I don't want a fragrance that shouts "look at me, look at me" No matter how little of this I spray on, it always feels like I oversprayed, which is why I have only tested it in the house, so I can't really say what compliment factor is. My friend did smell it the first day I got it, and he seemed to love it.

I think, had Jeremy changed his marketing, instead of shoving it down our throats every video he makes, he would have more success. Not to say he doesn't, but for those of us who don't want a loud fragrance like this, he could have lured us into his brand with more subtle marketing. Not many BN'ers are gonna buy this, except Cameron who has 13 bottles.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler
    Currently wearing: On El by J del Pozo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Soooo..been here a bit. Like to think I’ve done ok relating to people here. Would hate for people to give me the stink eye but I have a maybe controversial opinion. I maybe had seen one of his videos yrs back but I literally have no back story on this guy. If I watched more I don’t remember: I’m not a YouTube person for scents. So the other day I watched a lot of his videos. Everything from favorite lists, to compliments, etc. And...I like his stuff. I can see why he’s popular. It’s not like he’s faking a snobbery in the industry. I mean his lists are pretty pedestrian and I honestly don’t like half he recommends but they are mass appealing, which isn’t a bad thing. He’s easy to listen to with basic explanations. So if he gamed the system to create his deals so be it. As an aside if the sexual stuff etc is true I’m with you, and he's appalling. But just as an industry person....this IS part of the industry. I’m not sure how he assaults people’s senses when we watch ads by so many industry leaders that are just as cringe worthy...looking at you Tom Ford (and that’s not a comparison to scents or knowledge) To me this is all entertainment and art. Oh well, I need to try this

This is basically how I feel though I've also seen some of the videos where he wasn't really at his best (maybe lack of sleep or something) so I view him with a bit more humor. But he's harmless basically.

Anyway....

I finally got a sample of OFFICE in my possession, so I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    This is basically how I feel though I've also seen some of the videos where he wasn't really at his best (maybe lack of sleep or something) so I view him with a bit more humor. But he's harmless basically.

Anyway....

I finally got a sample of OFFICE in my possession, so I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl.
    Nice. Let us know your thoughts. Yes, like I said, I really had no reference point so to me they were just kind of crazy, humorous videos that I didn't take too seriously...of course I have zero backstory on him. I mean the way he sprays and waves his hands exaggeratingly to catch the scent makes me laugh and overall he's a "personality." Oh well.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

OMG, his ads are all over the basenotes ad banners. lol
    I thought the ads were based on search history but in this instance, that is absolutely not the case.

OMG, his ads are all over the basenotes ad banners. lol
    I thought the ads were based on search history but in this instance, that is absolutely not the case.
    I’m getting crushed by them on Facebook
    --Ben Hogan

I tried this , its pleasant but the price point is ridiculous, you are better off going on Parfums Vintage and getting some niche clone. Honestly the smell is pleasant but it definitely veers into TJ MAXX/Ross territory, I will not be surprised at all if it shows up 3-4 years from now there.

Banned

So I finally sniffed it.

7/10

Nice opening that lasts about 5 minutes but smells great.

Harsh chemical scratchy woods that takeover for the next half hour.

A pleasant but somewhat boring sweet fresh powdery plasticky base that is fairly soft and lasts for 4 or 5 hours more.

Not bad.

Not important.

It's hard not to laugh considering the derivative and profit-seeking motive behind the scent.

Alexandria have duped Office for Men already...

https://alexandriafragrances.com/products/boardroom

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    It's hard not to laugh considering the derivative and profit-seeking motive behind the scent.

Alexandria have duped Office for Men already...

https://alexandriafragrances.com/products/boardroom
    "Enter any place feeling like the boss and own the situation...Mr CEO."

Haha, that's hilarious!

Him spraying his fragrance like a moron every single video he makes shows how little value the juice really is. I'd like to see him do the same with Creed or Xerjoff fragrances. I can't believe people think his fragrance is worth even half of what he claims it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitter View Post
    Him spraying his fragrance like a moron every single video
    Have you seen that already?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdYy5UUiY_8

In the basenotes ad banner,he looks confused. That's the best pic they had out of, what, probably several dozen?

HAHHAA I've not seen that before but yeah, it gets cringier every video he makes with that intro. It's the only way he'll consume the amount of bottles of "batch 3" or whatever he is up to now.

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    "Enter any place feeling like the boss and own the situation...Mr CEO."

Haha, that's hilarious!
    Haha, yes. The copy there is simultaneously advertising it, while also taking the p out of it with a tongue firmly in cheek. Bet he must be livid.

Oh no.

Ohhhhh no.

Apparently he's now against clones...for 'moral' reasons.

Riiiiiight.

He does a good job of explaining why it's a better option to get cheaper, longer lasting fragrances prior to telling people they're better off just getting Aventus. lol

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast