Code of Conduct
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1430
o
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

I really don’t see anyone copying anyone if you have passion for something and can fund it why not, yea maybe by sponsors but that’s life we all get a loan from somewhere. Passion in fragrances means these reviewers probably had the desire to create their own fragrances long before JF even released one they just didn’t or at the time couldn’t fund the dream. Everyone deserves a fair chance and it’s how you present it and yourself that matters in the end.
    Current Top Favorites

Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Christian Dior Dior Homme EDT
    Ralph Lauren Polo
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    Anyone else think Jeremy would make an excellent cult leader?
    Why are you speaking in conditional tense? I think he makes an excellent cult leader.
    Last edited by morrison74; 19th November 2019 at 01:10 PM. Reason: corrected the tense
    MY UK SPLITS (2019): HERE

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    Why are you speaking in past tense?
    the army is gearing up and ready to march upon the release of 'Date' - Alberto Morillas, no budget limitations.
    Currently wearing: Awake by Akro

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    the army is gearing up and ready to march upon the release of 'Date' - Alberto Morillas, no budget limitations.
    Think this falls in the presentation category which makes it subpar imo lol. This isn’t hating it’s observation how one person can direct the actions of others even while using them all I’m gonna say.
    Current Top Favorites

Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Chanel Egoiste
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Ralph Lauren Polo

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    Why are you speaking in conditional tense? I think he makes an excellent cult leader.
    No, no...I mean full on cult leader. There's something distinctly 'Germanic Tom Cruise' about him.
    "Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."

No, no...I mean full on cult leader. There's something distinctly 'Germanic Tom Cruise' about him.
    But he's the L. Ron Hubbard in Tom Cruise's body, lol
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

I was curious what Date would end up being and, unfortunately, it sounds fairly boring; a very fruity top and generically woody base. I was hoping that JF might go for something a little more robust but it seems like it's just another safe play to his base.

from the man who was in large part responsible for popularizing YSL La Nuit i actually expect his Date fragrance to be pretty good. I'll certainly make the effort to sample vs Office which i still haven't tried.
    Currently wearing: Awake by Akro

Originally Posted by slpfrsly
    Anyone else think Jeremy would make an excellent cult leader?
    Although some might take this question to be facetious, I am here regarding it as a serious question.
    And, yes...I think he would be quite effective in that type of role.
    Insightful observation slpfrsly.
    "I'm sure there are things that you like that someone else here dislikes."
    papillo
    Currently wearing: Erolfa by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Hothamwater View Post
    ^That's immature to falsely report an ad, because you can't get over your obsession with him. Even worse, to post it here thinking you'll get points, or something. Really pathetic.
    Were you serious when you made this comment ?

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    They don't owe him anything. Peter has been working on his fragrances for years. Oswald has created his own fragrance too, very different to what JF has done.
    They’re following Jeremy’s lead. Jeremy creates a fantastic product and now every other youtuber wants to copy his style and make scents. It’s a copycat mentality. Jeremy was first, he got morillas, he worked to get the dna right. Now everyone sees he’s a total success and now want to be him. Not much different than those who criticize him. It’s wishing they were him.

More power to Jeremy for being a leader and innovator. He is the no 1 fragrance influencer in the world so it makes sense others would steal his business plan. I get that. I just hope they have the common decency to thank him.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    it makes sense others would steal his business plan.
    The only one who is remotely imitating JF's business plan is Mr. Smelly and possibly Redolessence (don't have much information about this). Although, Mr. Smelly is selling at a reasonable price and without all the fake hype and drama. It seems that JF has a brainwashed group of devotees that are willing to bow to their infallible leader when requested. Jim Jones would be jealous.

It's quite clearly that influencers are - like all influencers - being 'used' to market other peoples' ideas. The notion that Jez is the mastermind behind all of this is insane.
    "Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."

Basenotes Plus

This thread hahahaha.
    Current Top Favorites

Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Chanel Egoiste
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Ralph Lauren Polo

Posts removed due to violation of code of conduct. No name-calling.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    But he's the L. Ron Hubbard in Tom Cruise's body, lol
    That's it! You've exactly pinpointed what I couldn't quite put my finger on when I watched one of his videos -- the character Tom Cruise played in the movie "Magnolia". An "inspirational speaker" who coached men in how to bend women to their will. A sort of "incel" prototype.

They’re following Jeremy’s lead. Jeremy creates a fantastic product and now every other youtuber wants to copy his style and make scents. It’s a copycat mentality. Jeremy was first, he got morillas, he worked to get the dna right. Now everyone sees he’s a total success and now want to be him. Not much different than those who criticize him. It’s wishing they were him.

More power to Jeremy for being a leader and innovator. He is the no 1 fragrance influencer in the world so it makes sense others would steal his business plan. I get that. I just hope they have the common decency to thank him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    That's it! You've exactly pinpointed what I couldn't quite put my finger on when I watched one of his videos -- the character Tom Cruise played in the movie "Magnolia". An "inspirational speaker" who coached men in how to bend women to their will. A sort of "incel" prototype.
    Tom Cruise is great in that. I wish he'd go back to ambitious work. Nice comparison, the character in the film, I mean...….and also the scientologist actor nut comparison as well, lol

wtf people are comparing tom cruise to jeremy fragrance now or vise versa??? Scientology aside Tom Cruise is awesome....

Anyway as for date for men, ill probably pick up a sample although I still feel like im supporting a scam artist by doing so, but at this point it feels like a lost cause to fight it

Quote Originally Posted by seekritdude View Post
    wtf people are comparing tom cruise to jeremy fragrance now or vise versa??? Scientology aside Tom Cruise is awesome....

Anyway as for date for men, ill probably pick up a sample although I still feel like im supporting a scam artist by doing so, but at this point it feels like a lost cause to fight it
    Not really, they are comparing Jeremy Fragrance to a psychotic / sociopathic character played by Tom Cruise.
    You don't need to fight it, just leave his product to the # fragrance army. Would you really want to take the chance of being identified as belonging to that particular cult ?

Oh, long time...
    Has he already bought his Lamborghini or will he need a patreon for it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    Were you serious when you made this comment ?
    I have a hard time imagining anyone typing that with a straight face but here we are, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    Steven and who else?
    Steven from Redolessence?

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    Posts removed due to violation of code of conduct. No name-calling.
    Oh, I lost this! As always, missing the best!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    Excuse-moi? No budget limitations= Uncle Roger (aka Roja Dove). Alberto Morillas is very cheap.
    Last edited by Beck; 20th November 2019 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I have a hard time imagining anyone typing that with a straight face but here we are, haha.
    That was my point.
    As Obvious Troll is the only poster praising Jeremy I wondered whether this guy was also trolling / being ironic / tongue in cheek .
    How anyone can reply to : "We reviewed the ad you reported and have removed it since it violated our ad policy. thank you for your report. "... with a statement accusing you of "falsely reporting an ad", "being obsessed" with Jeremy Fragrance and being "pathetic" was difficult for me to understand due to it's utter lack of any coherence or logic, hence my curiosity about whether it was written with tongue firmly planted in cheek.
    Ironically his reply to me fitted into the category of violating basenotes' own policy and was subsequently removed

Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    That was my point.
    As Obvious Troll is the only poster praising Jeremy I wondered whether this guy was also trolling / being ironic / tongue in cheek .
    How anyone can reply to : "We reviewed the ad you reported and have removed it since it violated our ad policy. thank you for your report. "... with a statement accusing you of "falsely reporting an ad", "being obsessed" with Jeremy Fragrance and being "pathetic" was difficult for me to understand due to it's utter lack of any coherence or logic, hence my curiosity about whether it was written with tongue firmly planted in cheek.
    Ironically his reply to me fitted into the category of violating basenotes' own policy and was subsequently removed
    I don't think I got the chance to see that. But yeah. It's pretty cut and dry.

Hahaha. You’re a bit misinformed. Kerosene was who began this years and years back. There’s nothing original here. Just some smart(?) asses recycling an idea.

a quarter million, tops

Ugh. This is still going? I didn't realize there was another coming. I haven't read this thread in about a month or so. People are really seeing ads for Office? I have yet to see one ad for anything Jeremy Fragrance related. I see fragrance ads all the time, but its usually fragrancenet, luckyscent, or something like that. That's crazy.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    People are really seeing ads for Office? I have yet to see one ad for anything Jeremy Fragrance related. I see fragrance ads all the time, but its usually fragrancenet, luckyscent, or something like that. That's crazy.
    I'm wondering about this, too.
    Probably those people are consistantly stalking Jeremy's content on social media to find something to make fun of and then are afraid when those ads pop up.

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast