Code of Conduct
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1414
o

Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    I'm wondering about this, too.
    Probably those people are consistantly stalking Jeremy's content on social media to find something to make fun of and then are afraid when those ads pop up.
    I see.
    people who are seeing JF ads in their feed are "stalkers" and "afraid"...

Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    I see.
    people who are seeing JF ads in their feed are "stalkers" and "afraid"...
    I personally have never seen such an ad - though I'm watching some of Jeremy's videos.
    But I'm regularly getting ads of several music shops because I'm browsing pages about guitars.

Don't know how those algorithms on the web work, but for me it totally makes sense, that you'll see Jeremy's ads if you are watching his content.

I personally have never seen such an ad - though I'm watching some of Jeremy's videos.
    But I'm regularly getting ads of several music shops because I'm browsing pages about guitars.

Don't know how those algorithms on the web work, but for me it totally makes sense, that you'll see Jeremy's ads if you are watching his content.
    Me neither, but that wasn't my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    Me neither, but that wasn't my point.
    My point was, that some of the people who complained about seeing the ads seem to be very well informed about what Jeremy's doing.
    So I guess that one thing leads to the other. Don't know how to put it correctly, English isn't my mother language.

Lots of people obsessed with Jeremy in this thread. That’s a fact. Everyone knows it.

Why wouldn’t you be though? He’s friends with morillas, met Tom Ford, lives in miami, looks amazing and sexy, and knows more about fragrance than any of us. And he had the courage to start a fragrance. The critics will critique, Jeremy does. And now all these other youtubers are copying him. They need to give him credit for starting this.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Lots of people obsessed with Jeremy in this thread. That’s a fact. Everyone knows it.

Why wouldn’t you be though? He’s friends with morillas, met Tom Ford, lives in miami, looks amazing and sexy, and knows more about fragrance than any of us. And he had the courage to start a fragrance. The critics will critique, Jeremy does. And now all these other youtubers are copying him. They need to give him credit for starting this.
    Exactly, no human being in their right mind wouldn't be obsessed with Jeremy Williams.
    He's brave, incredibly handsome, more knowledgeable than anyone on any fragrance forum could ever dream to be, is sexy enough to give even a heterosexual man a woodie, and on top of all this... wait for it...HE'S ACTUALLY FRIEND'S WITH MORILLAS AND HAS MET TOM FORD.
    And he's never been of any interest whatsoever to internet trolls.

Let's all remind ourselves why we all want to be Jeremy Williams one more time :

My point was, that some of the people who complained about seeing the ads seem to be very well informed about what Jeremy's doing.
    So I guess that one thing leads to the other. Don't know how to put it correctly, English isn't my mother language.
    The only reason I brought it up was because I have never searched for the guy, not even once, and his ads pop up. It's super weird.
    I'm not sure, Frog, what you mean about scared or afraid. That's not a thing that would ever pop in my mind and I wouldn't expect it to pop up in anyone else's. But it's been brought up so the fear must exist. But why? That's pointless and irrelevant.

And cameron, instead of diverting from everyone's comments, you should address them. Don't dance around them. Address them. The elephant is in the room, so stop ignoring it and stop pretending it's something else.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

I'm wondering about this, too.
    Probably those people are consistantly stalking Jeremy's content on social media to find something to make fun of and then are afraid when those ads pop up.
    Nope! As I reported pages ago I don’t watch his videos and until this thread didn’t know much about him and I got ads on FB that continue daily until this day. After I started getting ads I went and watched some videos and actually complimented their content. The only reason I could think of for getting them to start was doing other fragrance searches online. So please step back from this ridiculous “stalking” bs. It’s unbecoming
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    The only reason I brought it up was because I have never searched for the guy, not even once, and his ads pop up. It's super weird.
    I'm not sure, Frog, what you mean about scared or afraid. That's not a thing that would ever pop in my mind and I wouldn't expect it to pop up in anyone else's. But it's been brought up so the fear must it exist. But why? That's pointless and irrelevant.

And cameron, instead of diverting from everyone's comments, you should address them. Don't dance around them. Address them. The elephant is in the room, so stop ignoring it and stop pretending it's something else.
    Agree! I reported getting them in this thread and had never even searched or watched the guy. Post reading this thread I did but the flood gates had already been open. Honestly I think it’s just a FB algorithm on scents because I turn 50 in Feb and I also get colonoscopy ads...no kidding
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I will say this , it was Jerermy who got me interested in fragrance. I went online to look for reviews for a good quality fragrance for my son and stumbled on to one of his video's. I thought the videos were helpful, interesting and entertaining. I never realized how involved this industry is, and I look forward to learning more and that's what brought me here to Basenotes.

I'm not sure, Frog, what you mean about scared or afraid. That's not a thing that would ever pop in my mind and I wouldn't expect it to pop up in anyone else's. But it's been brought up so the fear must exist. But why? That's pointless and irrelevant.
    Maybe "afraid" is the wrong word, English isn't my mother language.. then say "annoyed" if that fits better?

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Nope! As I reported pages ago I don’t watch his videos and until this thread didn’t know much about him and I got ads on FB that continue daily until this day. After I started getting ads I went and watched some videos and actually complimented their content. The only reason I could think of for getting them to start was doing other fragrance searches online. So please step back from this ridiculous “stalking” bs. It’s unbecoming
    I had the feeling that many of the guys here, who say they don't care about Jeremy know very well what he does - just look at the post of that old music video - how would you find that if you don't search it? It doesn't even pop up on Youtube if you search for "Jeremy Fragrance" I assume.

For me it's like with those shitty TV shows.
    Everyone says it's just trash and "I don't watch it" - but every now and then people are obviously very well informed about what happened in those shows.

lots of people obsessed with jeremy in this thread. That’s a fact. Everyone knows it.

Why wouldn’t you be though? He’s friends with morillas, met tom ford, lives in miami, looks amazing and sexy, and knows more about fragrance than any of us. And he had the courage to start a fragrance. The critics will critique, jeremy does. And now all these other youtubers are copying him. They need to give him credit for starting this.
    rofl!

Maybe "afraid" is the wrong word, English isn't my mother language.. then say "annoyed" if that fits better?

I had the feeling that many of the guys here, who say they don't care about Jeremy know very well what he does - just look at the post of that old music video - how would you find that if you don't search it? It doesn't even pop up on Youtube if you search for "Jeremy Fragrance" I assume.

Everyone says it's just trash and "I don't watch it" - but every now and then people are obviously very well informed about what happened in those shows.
    You're cool, Fragfrog. I didn't think you were calling out anyone, but wanted to clarify. You seem like a cool dude.

When it comes to the video, it makes me wonder if people just search his stuff for the humor. Because that video is comedy gold. Several others are pretty damn funny as well, so that could be a reason for a search. As opposed to 'Oh yay, Jeremy is so cool!' or 'I hate him so much, I'm going to hate watch him!' Give a break.

No, I do not want to call anyone out.

It is up to each one to decide whether he wants to watch Jeremy's videos or not.
    As every other human he's entitled to have his own opinion, to recommend what he thinks "works with the ladies" and no single viewer is forced to buy anything.
    Same goes for Demi Rawling.

Maybe some of the guys here get the ads because they are in some fragrance groups on FB, so that will cause it?
    If you just type in "fragrance" in the Youtube search you'll get Jeremy's videos, too.

It's like a car crash. Morbid curiosity.
    "Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."

I don’t claim to know others reasons on here or what they like but as I said when I first posted it here I had watched none. After I did and it made me feel semi entertained. I think if he’s done what he’s done with a YouTube thing, more power to him. Overall doesn’t affect me personally. I would just be careful throwing out a blanket statement is all! Cheers Frog
    --Ben Hogan

I usually do not watch YouTube fragrance reviews.However a couple of years ago I tried watching a few of them.Jeremy and Scentland are the only ones I remember.That says something in itself.I actually have nothing against Jeremy.He is a character and I found him funny at times.Even a little bit likeable.Maybe he has changed since then,I don't know.I do not watch any youtube video reviews anymore but if I did I would watch Jeremy any day over most of the others.At least he is a little entertaining.The others I saw were agonizing to watch and I either fast forwarded or in most cases just stopped watching.The only exception would be Scentland who is quite good,different and pleasant to watch.I do think what Jeremy is charging for his fragrance is ridiculously high,but hey I'm not going to buy it and really have no interest in it.Overall though I think he is harmless.

No, I do not want to call anyone out.

It is up to each one to decide whether he wants to watch Jeremy's videos or not.
    As every other human he's entitled to have his own opinion, to recommend what he thinks "works with the ladies" and no single viewer is forced to buy anything.
    Same goes for Demi Rawling.

Maybe some of the guys here get the ads because they are in some fragrance groups on FB, so that will cause it?
    If you just type in "fragrance" in the Youtube search you'll get Jeremy's videos, too.

On a rare occasion, I use to look up fragrance reviews and I don't remember even seeing him pop up. Maybe they did and I just bypassed them. I don't remember. For whatever reason, I either ignored them or they did not show up in my searches. And I had no idea at all who he was or that he was a thing at that time.

One more thing about Jeremy. Again I have not watched a fragrance review in over 2 years so I am only going by things I occasionally read on this forum.I think he would have been better off coming out with a bargain line of fragrances instead.Lets say half the designer retail prices.Something like 30 dollars/euros a bottle.He would have probably sold a lot more even if he made less money at first.If he had introduced a line of reasonably priced fragrances,who knows in this crazy era of the 21st century he might have wound up with a very popular fragrance line.
    Last edited by Mayberry2; 22nd November 2019 at 09:26 PM.

D0FAAFAE-61CA-45E5-8C8E-577A11938BC3.jpeg

can't we just call him Daniel instead of his stage name

On a rare occasion, I use to look up fragrance reviews and I don't remember even seeing him pop up. Maybe they did and I just bypassed them. I don't remember. For whatever reason, I either ignored them or they did not show up in my searches. And I had no idea at all who he was or that he was a thing at that time.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    can't we just call him Daniel instead of his stage name
    What? Jeremy is a stage name? Of all names, why choose that?

Please stay on topic.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Oiro by Mona di Orio

What? Jeremy is a stage name? Of all names, why choose that?
    His real name is Daniel Schutz.

Quote Originally Posted by mistersurgery View Post
    His real name is Daniel Schutz.
    Schütz not Schutz...

I don't know how anyone could have believed that his real last name is really "Fragrance", haha.

And this isn't a secret: https://www.jeremyfragrance.com/legalnotice

But why does it matter if he uses another name for his fragrance channel?

It doesn't matter. It just seems weird. What's wrong with Daniel Fragrance? No no no. Let's do (random name generator), uh, Jeremy! It doesn't matter, just seems odd.
    Maybe Jeremy means something to him in some way, so he chose that.

Blog Entries

LOL, kinda off topic, but found this funny, especially the end.

I have nothing against Jeremy, and am not making fun of him. Just saw this posted on Reddit, and thought I'd share. The ending is the best.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler
    Currently wearing: Halston Z-14 by Halston

Schütz not Schutz...
    I don't know/am too lazy to figure out how to do umlauts on my keyboard, hence why I spelled it the way I did.

It's also why I don't add accent marks or tildes where they belong.

Thanks for taking care of that for me.

a quarter million, tops

Quote Originally Posted by mistersurgery View Post
    I don't know/am too lazy to figure out how to do umlauts on my keyboard, hence why I spelled it the way I did.

It's also why I don't add accent marks or tildes where they belong.

Thanks for taking care of that for me.
    100. I am boycotting umlats and tildes. You all know what i mean.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast