Code of Conduct
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1503
o

Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    Anyone else think Jeremy would make an excellent cult leader?
    "Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

"True change is within; leave the outside as it is."
    Dalai Lama
    Currently wearing: Memoir Man by Amouage

Has anyone tried date yet? It sounds AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Has anyone tried date yet? It sounds AMAZING.
    Absolutely, definitely, 100% not a cult...
    Diverge! Diverge!

Anyway.....
    What was the point of that video....hey, local beach dwellers, who have absolutely nothing else to do, will be in your video. What else? Oh,that's it? That's the whole video?
    What is going on?!
    No wonder he's asking for editors and videographers. Looking for them in his comment section isn't going to help.
    Last edited by Danny Mitchell; 10th December 2019 at 02:27 AM.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Check the previous page...

Check the previous page...

I checked! I'm agreeing to you 4x times and beyond.
    Dalai Lama

Got my decant of Date of Men in the mail today and it's my SOTD.

Really not impressed in any way with this. I think 'meh' would be an understatement. A friend described it as Office for Men with an oriental/mandarin touch and that's actually quite spot on. I definitely get the Ultra Man vibe that people are commenting on, but they're not the same. However, Date for Men has that ambroxan/wood heavy note that is just overdone here.

The full price at 220 euro is just flat out ridiculous compared to what you get. Even at 50% you're overpaying. There are loads of better alternatives for a date fragrance.
    At 220 euro you should be getting niche quality and Date for Men is pretty far from that.

Quote Originally Posted by ScentDane View Post

Really not impressed in any way with this. I think 'meh' would be an understatement. A friend described it as Office for Men with an oriental/mandarin touch and that's actually quite spot on. I definitely get the Ultra Man vibe that people are commenting on, but they're not the same. However, Date for Men has that ambroxan/wood heavy note that is just overdone here.

The full price at 220 euro is just flat out ridiculous compared to what you get. Even at 50% you're overpaying. There are loads of better alternatives for a date fragrance.
    At 220 euro you should be getting niche quality and Date for Men is pretty far from that.
    Not surprised whatsoever. I wonder what JF will release next, Office - Date - .....

Disappointed to hear that but not actually surprised. I will give Jeremy an A Plus for hype on his frags but f'n-A they are overpriced. I really like Office for Men but even with the 2 for 1 deal it's overpriced...and he's charging more for Date!

Of course, my Date for Men hasn't shipped yet and here is the email I got back from his customer service department:

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting Fragrance One,

As of right now your order have not shipped.We are preparing your order for shipment. We are in hope that your order will ship this week coming. Once it has shipped out you will receive an email to confirmation with tracking information. I am very sorry for the delays.

With Kind Regards,
    Jamie, Customer Support
    Fragrance One USA

Polite and all, but this shit went on sale well over a week ago. I don't ever want to see anyone fail, but the truth here is that this doesn't deserve to succeed.
    Currently Rotating:

*Creed Bois Du Portugal
    *Armani Code Absolu
    *Creed Aventus Cologne
    *Fragrance.One Office For Men
    *Parfums De Marly Percival
    *Mancera Black Gold
    *Imaginary Authors Telegrama
    *Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache
    *Neandertal Black
    *Chanel Bleu de Chanel

Andy, their response to you reads almost like a spam email. But I know they are legit, just strange sentence structure. But they're located in Germany so it's understandable?
    Date only cost more than Office because it's brand new, I assume. After a year, it'll go down.
    Does the buy one get one allow you to buy both fragrances in the deal?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

nice one

sounds about what i expected but maybe slightly more interesting that Office though still overpriced.
    Currently wearing: Awake by Akro

Office - Date - Club would be my guess.

After that, take a look at his videos and see what situations he's created. Maybe...Beach for Men? Some sort of summer fresh scent. Think it's probably scraping the barrel after that. Think I heard him talk about a female fragrance, so that would make sense - pick a reall bad 'female only' activity for the branding, and something that smells like Viva La Juicy, and that's probably the 'line'.

Initially I added some funny options, but truth is I do kind of like the idea of this naming scheme. And, it seems like something such as Sports would work as well.

"I'm sure there are things that you like that someone else here dislikes."
    papillo

Jeremy is winging it with the marketing.

The price, how he's promoting it, etc. He could've done better.
    Currently wearing: Black Aoud by Montale

Think I heard him talk about a female fragrance, so that would make sense - pick a reall bad 'female only' activity for the branding, and something that smells like Viva La Juicy, and that's probably the 'line'.
    Hmmm..... Tweet....Snapchap.... Twerk....Facetime...

Office, Date, Club, Beach...Gym? Sport for Men would be a bit too generic.

Seems plausible.

If I remember correctly he mentioned that "Club" fragrance in one of his videos.
    And once he said he's doing a "Sport" one, too. Makes you do 20 one handed push-ups if you spray it on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Andy, their response to you reads almost like a spam email. But I know they are legit, just strange sentence structure. But they're located in Germany so it's understandable?
    Date only cost more than Office because it's brand new, I assume. After a year, it'll go down.
    Does the buy one get one allow you to buy both fragrances in the deal?
    Yeah, it was obviously written by someone who isn't a native English speaker. I'm actually fluent in German so maybe I should write to them in Jeremy's native tongue instead?

As for the BOGO, I'm not sure.
    Currently Rotating:

*Creed Bois Du Portugal
    *Armani Code Absolu
    *Creed Aventus Cologne
    *Mancera Black Gold
    *Neandertal Black
    *Chanel Bleu de Chanel

Got my decant of Date of Men in the mail today and it's my SOTD
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Congrats!
    Haven't you got yours yet? You should be a premium Jeremy customer! How come????
    Dalai Lama

Well,
    I got my Date For Men today. 18 days from time of order to delivery...pretty shitty if you ask me. Nevertheless, I'm a fan of Office For Men (but not it's ridiculous price) so I was eager to give Date a whirl. Its not unpleasant. Very similar to Office, however. Replace the citrusy bright notes in Office with sweet, vanillic notes and you have Date. Not cloying, but definitely in that candy sweet vibe. Not a trace of Oud to be found anywhere in this fragrance so that was just a straight up lie. I mean, there aren't even any elements in here that would be considered oudish. I know these forums don't have an issue with saying F*** Jeremy Fragrance, but this little stunt alone should be the ultimate deal breaker. I know I'll never watch another of his videos or order another product from him. I'm sure my displeasure with his lie and me not supporting him in any way won't effect his bottom line at all, but hopefully it's enough to make someone else think twice.

The comparisons of Date to Ultra Male are most prevalent in the drydown. That's when they really become similar to the point of Date being cloneish. It's still got sort of a nutty backend to it, so not a total clone of Ultra Male, but way too close to bother owning both. Especially at the price he is asking for Date. I got it at 50% off and you could charge 50% less than that and I'd still say it's too much. Projection is heavy, probably too heavy for a real date fragrance. 5 sprays of this in a crowded restaurant and you would probably be asked to leave; not because it smells bad, it certainly doesn't, but because it projects that hard. I haven't had it on enough to declare if it's a true beast mode frag yet, but after 6 hours (as of this writing) it's still pushing out pretty strongly on 6 sprays (one on each wrist, one on each side of the neck, one behind each ear and one on each side of the collar) and I haven't gone noseblind to it. I'm still very aware that I'm wearing it. As sweet as it is, you might expect it to be cloying by now, but its really not.

So,to wrap up my initial thoughts: a very good designer-style fragrance that is way too overpriced and doesn't contain any of the notes Jeremy said it would. A decent compliment to Office, almost a flanker, with solid staying power and projection. But between the price and the lie about the Oud and the other notes, there's just no way I could ever recommend this to anyone.
    Currently Rotating:

*Creed Bois Du Portugal
    *Armani Code Absolu
    *Creed Aventus Cologne
    *Mancera Black Gold
    *Neandertal Black
    *Chanel Bleu de Chanel

Sounds like Steven from Redolessencse has a much better product and business model than JF. Already in a NYC boutique (Osswald) and more product and diverse offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    Sounds like Steven from Redolessencse has a much better product and business model than JF. Already in a NYC boutique (Osswald) and more product and diverse offerings.
    as much as I prefer Steven over Jeremy and from the looks Navitus over Jeremy's fragrances, you can hardly compare the two. Steven is backed by big spender & didn't even see a bottle until they were being shipped out.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    Steven doesn't own "Navitus." It's an offshoot of DUA that he is doing marketing for.

As much hate as Jeremy gets for being a sleazy Patrick Bateman type character albeit with no self awareness, he did build his brand from the ground up, raised the capital himself (even if it's not how you would prefer somebody going about it), and made a powerhouse of a "digital" AI generated fragrance as his debut. As somebody who used to deal with business owners every day, that's respectable in and of itself. The fragrance one website has Jeremy's own flavor of German cringe. He's doing his own thing no matter if anyone likes it or not.

Office smells objectively good, which is what he set out for. He's not making high art here and has no genuine interest in the art of perfumery and never really stated that he does. I won't be getting Date for Men as I'm not a big fan of sweet fragrances or spending $250, but one day I might get another bottle of Office when the price drops to $80 eventually. It's already there with his discount code.

Sure you don't mean:

Office--Date--Chinese Taxi?

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Sure you don't mean:

Office--Date--Chinese Taxi?
    LOL.

I remember how that turned out.

Whoa whoa time out wait a second stevens fragrances arent his own? I havnt heard anything about that, certainly was not what was said at all durning the youtube stuff I watched

it's owned by some company in the middle east. to be fair, in his first announcement video he said he found 'someone' who fronted the money for him, but yeah, he doesn't own the trademarks or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by seekritdude View Post
    Whoa whoa time out wait a second stevens fragrances arent his own? I havnt heard anything about that, certainly was not what was said at all durning the youtube stuff I watched
    I knew he had a backer, but yeah this is the first I'm hearing about Dua being the owner...Dua isn't known for their quality and if nothing else Navitus looks to be of very high quality.
    Currently Rotating:

*Creed Bois Du Portugal
    *Armani Code Absolu
    *Creed Aventus Cologne
    *Mancera Black Gold
    *Neandertal Black
    *Chanel Bleu de Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Jack103 View Post
    Steven doesn't own "Navitus." It's an offshoot of DUA that he is doing marketing for.

As much hate as Jeremy gets for being a sleazy Patrick Bateman type character albeit with no self awareness, he did build his brand from the ground up, raised the capital himself (even if it's not how you would prefer somebody going about it), and made a powerhouse of a "digital" AI generated fragrance as his debut. As somebody who used to deal with business owners every day, that's respectable in and of itself. The fragrance one website has Jeremy's own flavor of German cringe. He's doing his own thing no matter if anyone likes it or not.

Office smells objectively good, which is what he set out for. He's not making high art here and has no genuine interest in the art of perfumery and never really stated that he does. I won't be getting Date for Men as I'm not a big fan of sweet fragrances or spending $250, but one day I might get another bottle of Office when the price drops to $80 eventually. It's already there with his discount code.
    Haven't smelled any of Jeremy's fragrances yet, but I agree. There is this honesty in his approach that I find difficult to fault. The mission is very clear, he is delivering a fragrance that should maximize the potential of you getting compliments/being received positively. Would be very bullshit if Date doesn't have oud/oud notes since he has pushed that in his sales pitch. As much as I support what he's doing, I don't think I will every be a customer. I'm not snobby enough to need a "niche" version of mainstream designer fragrances in my "compliment getter" category. I'm happy with my Sauvage EdT, BdC EdT, and La Nuit de l'Homme. Maybe if Jeremy is able to engineer a fragrance that can beat these, I would be tempted. Dior and Chanel just has more money and time to spend on focus group testing I bet. So far I'm just not convinced he's able to defeat these heavy hitters, and I'm not afraid of "smelling like every other guy", because barely any guy wears fragrances where I live.

I trust Jeremy more than Steven. There is just something about Steven that rubs me the wrong way. I wonder how much creative direction he really had compared to Jeremy.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast