Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
o
    Banned

Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Ni View Post
    What's wrong with the name (geniune question) ?

Perhaps that's because English is not my native language and i'm still far from being bilingual (almost anything in English sounds well to me) but I don't find it worse that any other. Actually the only English-written name that I really disliked was "Fucking fabulous" (regardless of the scent itself)

That being said, I find French name are most of the time as basic as "The Office" --> Terre d'Hermès, L'eau (Diptyque), La Selle (Byredo), etc.

So why you guys don't like the name ?

It's kind of like naming a fragrance, "Laundry Day" or "Rush Hour Traffic" or "Taking the Kids to Karate" or "Changing the Litter Box." It suggests a mundane activity that's necessary to sustain a basic quality of life but would otherwise probably just as well be forgotten and certainly in no way gives one a sense of inspiration or imagination. And there's the mind numbingly literal implication of the fragrance's name: That this fragrance is called "office" because that's exactly where you will wear it. And then on top of that there's the marketing concept behind it, that the name is intended to bring the most possible foot traffic, so that when one googles, "office fragrance," a fragrance called "office" immediately shows up and that the name in no way had any creativity, passion or reasoning behind it other than cold numbers generated by an impersonal search engine. Fragrance names and ads/marketing have always kind of been about taking you somewhere or inspiring something. This one's about choosing the right scent to make you feel secure at your boring, low-level, white collar job so you can pretend Susie from the next cubicle over's into you when she really just needed to borrow a paper clip.

At least that's why I don't like the name. I don't hate it either. I just think it's lame.

Community Manager

When Jeremy is imagining an office, one he would deign to work in, it's most likely something like this:

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Basi Homme by Armand Basi

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    GTFOOH....

He said that?

https://youtu.be/6an9TY1B6ww

certainly worth a look
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Yes, he is a Basenotes member, actually.
    I think it's a good idea to contain JF posts to one thread, since he's such a polarizing personality.

But has JF actually contributed anything to Basenotes as a Member other than the 4 posts I just found in "Shameless Self Promotion" ?
    I've only been here a year, so I've never seen him post here, but from my search, it looks like he last posted in 2016.

I don't know how libel/slander/defamation laws work in the UK, but in the USA there's a high bar to clear where Public Figures are concerned.
    Otherwise, our courts would be clogged up with cases from Public Figures/Politicians/Famous People suing everyone who criticized them.
    Last edited by calitrav; 10th February 2019 at 04:49 AM.
    This is my Opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Currently wearing: British Sterling by Dana

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    I really don't understand the bullying of his music career. He was having fun and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

It gives views

Basenotes Plus

It seems ‘reading’ is a difficult skill to master. As this has quickly morphed into a thread on Jeremy Fragrance the personality rather than one about his upcoming fragrance, perhaps the second ‘fragrance’ should be dropped from the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    It seems ‘reading’ is a difficult skill to master. As this has quickly morphed into a thread on Jeremy Fragrance the personality rather than one about his upcoming fragrance, perhaps the second ‘fragrance’ should be dropped from the thread title.
    Perhaps the official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread should have been started once there was a Jeremy Fragrance fragrance to discuss.
    In the absence of a Jeremy Fragrance fragrance to talk about, the Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread was only going to go one way - a discussion about Jeremy Fragrance rather than the Jeremy Fragrance fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by tony_i View Post
    Perhaps the official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread should have been started once there was a Jeremy Fragrance fragrance to discuss.
    In the absence of a Jeremy Fragrance fragrance to talk about, the Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread was only going to go one way - a discussion about Jeremy Fragrance rather than the Jeremy Fragrance fragrance.

CORRECTOMUNDO!

Pulp-Fiction-images-aa789cdd-9d6d-4f7c-b45f-863d7efe97b.jpg

Good idea, but too soon....
    This is my Opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Currently wearing: British Sterling by Dana

Succes creates hate.
    I have experienced this on a much smaller scale.
    Getting a promotion?
    Jealousy . Hate. Envy. Even bullying comes with succes.

Jeremy experiences this on a much bigger scale.

The current drama on his Youtube channel is mind boggling.
    The stress is getting to him obviously.

Someone tell him to focus on his first fragrance.
    Stop rambling in these video's
    And don't talk about jacking up the price before people like the first fragrance. Damn.

If Office is really bad, it's game over for this project.
    It's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Succes creates hate.
    Getting a promotion?

Jeremy experiences this on a much bigger scale.

The current drama on his Youtube channel is mind boggling.
    The stress is getting to him obviously.

Someone tell him to focus on his first fragrance.
    Stop rambling in these video's
    And don't talk about jacking up the price before people like the first fragrance. Damn.

If Office is really bad, it's game over for this project.
    It's done.
    Well it IS possible to talk too much, over-hype and over-promote something - thus setting it up for failure. This could indeed be such a case.
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

the brand's name is not "Jeremy Fragrance". it's "Fragrance One". and the first scent is called "Office for Men".

Quote Originally Posted by slickadam View Post
    the brand's name is not "Jeremy Fragrance". it's "Fragrance One". and the first scent is called "Office for Men".
    Is the Jeremy Fragrance fragrance, 'Office for Men', produced by the Jeremy Fragrance fragrance company 'Fragrance One', the cheap Jeremy Fragrance fragrance or the exclusive and reassuringly expensive Jeremy Fragrance fragrance?

I wonder if Jeremy Fragrance's fragrance ventures confuse Jeremy Fragrance as much as they confuse me?

Is the Jeremy Fragrance fragrance, 'Office for Men', produced by the Jeremy Fragrance fragrance company 'Fragrance One', the cheap Jeremy Fragrance fragrance or the exclusive and reassuringly expensive Jeremy Fragrance fragrance?

I wonder if Jeremy Fragrance's fragrance ventures confuse Jeremy Fragrance as much as they confuse me?
    he's german. he just simply can't make any mistakes. efficiency and perfection.

LEAVE BRITN... i mean... JEREMY ALONE!!!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by calitrav View Post
    I think it's a good idea to contain JF posts to one thread, since he's such a polarizing personality.

But has JF actually contributed anything to Basenotes as a Member other than the 4 posts I just found in "Shameless Self Promotion" ?
    I've only been here a year, so I've never seen him post here, but from my search, it looks like he last posted in 2016.

I don't know how libel/slander/defamation laws work in the UK, but in the USA there's a high bar to clear where Public Figures are concerned.
    Otherwise, our courts would be clogged up with cases from Public Figures/Politicians/Famous People suing everyone who criticized them.
    We are not concerned with the actual libel laws but about staying within the parameters set up by the owner of Basenotes that he wants you all to adhere to when signing up to be a member of his site: be respectful and civil, don't use the site for vendettas, don't be hateful.

Guys, the bar is not set impossibly high, it leaves plenty of room for critical comments if done the right way.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Basi Homme by Armand Basi

I think the big question is, is he really going to release a fragrance, or is he getting another Ferrari?

Blog Entries

Am I the only one who’s actually curious about the frag itself? Look, I think Paris Hilton is a ditz.. but Paris Hilton for Men, and Just Me are both fantastic frags.

Point being, you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler

Quote Originally Posted by Josefm View Post
    i have one question,who is jeremy?
    2t7wb1.jpg

I'd say Jeremy has plenty to be criticised for... but hate? I don't see it. It's just pure envy and jealousy and is quite nasty. Personally, I have an immediate mistrust for anyone who hates on this guy; it's like people who hate animals. Finally, let's not overlook that Jeremy was born in a small town from farmers. He's basically a bumpkin and it shows on some of his behaviour. I wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Am I the only one who’s actually curious about the frag itself? Look, I think Paris Hilton is a ditz.. but Paris Hilton for Men, and Just Me are both fantastic frags.

Would you pay $160 for her (an established celebrity, not a startup) for her fragrance? How about $480?

I get your point, if I'm drunk one day I may just try her For Men available on FragranceNet for $21.

Hate is a strong word. Envy and jealousy are maliced intentions indeed.

There's plenty to be weary about though.

What's wrong with the name (geniune question) ?

Perhaps that's because English is not my native language and i'm still far from being bilingual (almost anything in English sounds well to me) but I don't find it worse that any other. Actually the only English-written name that I really disliked was "Fucking fabulous" (regardless of the scent itself)

That being said, I find French name are most of the time as basic as "The Office" --> Terre d'Hermès, L'eau (Diptyque), La Selle (Byredo), etc.

So why you guys don't like the name ?
    Regarding the name of the fragrance, it's ok. Some men will like names like that. Wood No 1, Office 1. Regarding Fragrance's name though, I'd say that Büro/Office 1 by Daniel Schütz would sound better. Engineered in Germany by men for men. Office men with red hot cars and ladies.

And it's certainly more genuine than if he had made up stories about how it is based on a perfume that was made for the Kaiser or Napoleon once. It's for the office man, simple as that. The cool office man! Followed by Restaurant 1 or Nightclub 1 maybe?

Banned

Oh I think everyone's interested in what "Office" will actually smell like. But until it's actually released we've got to find a way to occupy our time. Hence the "spinning" gif's and constant bickering over his morals and motives.

I wish that I'd gotten in on a pre-order just to sell small 2ml samples of it on eBay. Could have made a small fortune doing that, as I'm sure a lot of people are interested in seeing what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by slickadam View Post
    he's german. he just simply can't make any mistakes. efficiency and perfection.

LEAVE BRITN... i mean... JEREMY ALONE!!!

Americans can do just as fine

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    It's kind of like naming a fragrance, "Laundry Day" or "Rush Hour Traffic" or "Taking the Kids to Karate" or "Changing the Litter Box." It suggests a mundane activity that's necessary to sustain a basic quality of life but would otherwise probably just as well be forgotten and certainly in no way gives one a sense of inspiration or imagination. And there's the mind numbingly literal implication of the fragrance's name: That this fragrance is called "office" because that's exactly where you will wear it. And then on top of that there's the marketing concept behind it, that the name is intended to bring the most possible foot traffic, so that when one googles, "office fragrance," a fragrance called "office" immediately shows up and that the name in no way had any creativity, passion or reasoning behind it other than cold numbers generated by an impersonal search engine. Fragrance names and ads/marketing have always kind of been about taking you somewhere or inspiring something. This one's about choosing the right scent to make you feel secure at your boring, low-level, white collar job so you can pretend Susie from the next cubicle over's into you when she really just needed to borrow a paper clip.

At least that's why I don't like the name. I don't hate it either. I just think it's lame.
    Thanks, i get your point. Although i feel like it's overthink, i can understand why you don't like it

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Succes creates hate.
    Getting a promotion?
    Absolutely true. It’s a strange and ugly quirk of human behavior.

Yep, I'm curious.
    My package should arrive in a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtesti View Post
    It's just pure envy and jealousy and is quite nasty
    Daver from the FragranceBros can't hide it at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw_mRcDUpHg

Banned

Thanks, i get your point. Although i feel like it's overthink, i can understand why you don't like it
    Well it's not overthink. What I described is the immediate impression it gives off, on a visceral level, no thinking needed. But you asked for an explanation....the explanation is detailed because it explains the details behind the immediate reaction. Do you know what I mean? It's like when I hear the name "Office," all that stuff I described earlier is conveyed in one very quick flash. No thinking. But if asked to examine it, then you have to look into why it gives off that impression, and then you get the details that look like "overthink." Anyway, now I'm definitely overthinking.

ummm why other people can post videos abou t their thoughts about jeremy for views.. but my videos get deleted wtf is up with that?

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast