Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Anyone tried this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Except the full bottles are already sold out. Probably before anyone even received the samples! It would be quite a bummer to get the sample and then not be able to purchase it at all.
    Indeed. I agree that the normal process of sampling before deciding a purchase doesn't work in this case. These samples are really only for those who are curious to discover the fragrance and can be content without purchasing.
    Currently wearing: Club Design by The Zoo

Just received. First impression it’s similar to Diaghilev by Roja Dove. It’s really beautiful. FYI strifeknot has a split on this....

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboi View Post
    Just received. First impression it’s similar to Diaghilev by Roja Dove. It’s really beautiful. FYI strifeknot has a split on this....
    Wow! Diaghilev is pretty gorgeous. Any differences you notice between the Roja and the Bogue?

They both have clove jasmine rose ylang tuberose sandlewood labdanum benzoin vetiver vanilla bergamot orange lemon. Bogue has woods cacao mint and sage. It feels like an updated Diaghilev. Let’s see if it morphs into something different.

I just put in for 5ml from strifeknot.
    Currently wearing: Diaghilev by Roja Dove

I don’t get Diaghilev from this, and I’ve been wearing Diaghilev for a couple days. So far from wearing this sample, I’m getting a good amount of jasmine and some green aspects. Not sure yet about an overall perception, I’ll keep sniffing for now.

Update: A bit too floral for me. I do find some similarities to Areej Indolis. Both really beautiful, just not for me.
    Last edited by Cheetah1919; 19th February 2019 at 10:12 PM.

Doing a side by side with Diaghilev, D is darker and has more depth. The bogue is sweeter, greener and more playful. To my noise there is a connection besides both being chypre. They share many ingredients and I’m horrible at picking out single notes but I smell the resemblance. Any ideas?

Dependent

Haven't tried yet.

Hi,
    No, I have never tried this. If it tried it cause any side effects in our body and skin. Are there any benefits?

I was wearing it yesterday from a sample. My first impression is that it's well within Gardoni's canon. It has the kind of kaleidoscopic, enigmatic character like many of his creations, although not to the extent of MEM.

To my nose, 0.7738 shares a few elements with Tyrannosaurus Rex, notably a camphoraceous, aromatic opening from camphor and lavender, a burnt wood-like bitter smokiness, and a slightly salty resin undertone. But 0.7738 feels much more restrained, and its texture is not as oily as T-Rex, but a bit more dry and chalky in comparison, with a more perceivable woody mossy undertone. Moreover, their respective floral hearts are definitely different and set them apart fairly easily. While the bright, apple-like and silky champaka is engulfed within swirls of resins and smokes in T-Rex, 0.7738 sees an unctuous and richly fruity ylang dominate its middle and dry down phases. The ylang at first has a vague plum-like smell probably thanks to a combination with rose and jasmine, it then turns into a full-on honeyed peach with a soft animalic purr later on, not dissimilar with DSH Une Robe de Zibeline to my nose.
    Currently wearing: Club Design by The Zoo

Basenotes Plus

I love the opening: a camphor-like shot of glorious lavender and other intense florals that reminds me briefly of the glories of Maai. This opening, unfortunately, is very short-lived and what comes after reminds me oddly enough of Roja Dove's Britannia--a scent with which I am less enamored.

I was glad to sample this, but am more glad that I didn't invest in a full bottle since I find the majority of the scent to be a somewhat boring and nondescript florality of a fragrance.

fyi - I have a very small sample of this to give away, if interested you'll have to head over to the "free to a good home" sticky in the male fragrance section and comment.

Basenotes Institution

I've never seen the note "corn mint" in a fragrance.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

Basenotes Institution

I am wearing this now - thanks to the generosity of avo1811 ((bowing gracefully))

Wow!

It's like a feminine Lauder fragrance! A big boned floral/chypre. I need time for the swirl of notes to settle but this is a BIG F*CKIN FLORAL. And not a meaty, indolic floral...like...Daphne Guinness by CdG or Manoumalia by Les Nez or A La Nuit by Serge Lutens. This one...it has the chypre elements to it to contribute that slight 'vibrational' effect of smells.

I love it. But I am sort of biased - I love everything from this guy that I smell.

Will give a full report once I give this a full wearing. On a day I don't interact with a lot of people...lol. It's almost attar strength...I am reminded of Homage by Amouage or Beautiful or Knowing by Estee Lauder
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

I’ve never met a bad Gardoni.

This is great. And today I’m wearing Mem which is a masterpiece. His best so far. It changes and just is so huge and luxurious and interesting.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    I’ve never met a bad Gardoni.

This is great. And today I’m wearing Mem which is a masterpiece. His best so far. It changes and just is so huge and luxurious and interesting.
    You lucky dog, I just saw that you got a bottle of 0,7738. Enjoy!

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Institution

Starblind - would you mind adding the scent title in the Subject of this thread? Would help when doing searches.

0,7738 by Bogue Profumo

Wore the last of my sample of this today. It's so crazy!

-- Eckhart Tolle