Code of Conduct

Thread: Rose Oud attar

Default Rose Oud attar

Gentlemen, any recommendations on rose oud attar? Something you can wear in the winter.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Rose Oud attar

Ensar Rose by Sultan Pasha.
    Rising Phoenix Musk Rose Attar (has oud as well).

If you like rose/smokey leather/incense- Tribute is the king.

I'll add Ensar Oud Red Rose Attar II. It's really good.

Basenotes Member

Sultan Rose Attar by EO, the old one offered in 2017. Not the one offered in 2018.
    L'Oriental (Al Mashriq Attar) by IO: Musk, Oud and Ward Taifi! Depth, projection, and perfection in notes are matchless.
    Ensar Rose by SP

Musk Rose Attar by RPP has dominant Champa, and no musk at all. Moreover, Oud notes are nowhere.

Dependent

I concur with Rising Phoenix Perfumery - Musk Rose Attar. Although the oud notes are largely subdued, it's beautiful in its own right.
    I'll also add Xerjoff - Warda al Oud. It's really quite lovely and falls under the radar in my opinion. It features a lovely jasmine which boosts the floral profile and adds a smidge of indole in the opening, but settles down to an easy-to-wear, natural-feeling rose-oud. Worth a try in my opinion.

Rose is a cooling (cold and dry) and oud is heating (hot and dry) - with that in mind. if you are looking for something heating in the winter you can go for oud, frank, amber, musk etc. And you are can try attars of those mixes. If you are looking for a Pure Rose Attar with no oud, then you can try mine. It is made by Taha of AgarAura

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by theattaroils View Post
    Rose is a cooling (cold and dry) and oud is heating (hot and dry) - with that in mind. if you are looking for something heating in the winter you can go for oud, frank, amber, musk etc. And you are can try attars of those mixes. If you are looking for a Pure Rose Attar with no oud, then you can try mine. It is made by Taha of AgarAura
    Would you please mention the the species/ origin of the Musk grain- Siberian, Tibetan, Kashmiri, etc.?

Was the attar officially released?

Thanks

What I have with me is a straight up rose attar, you can read more about it here. And yes it was made by Taha for me It is available for purchase in that link. The idea is to create a 'solo series' line of attar, that brings the scent of a single floral out and this attar oil has AGED and WILD Mysore sandalwood.

To clarify, there is no musk inside this attar of mine. I was referring to materials that are of hot and dry nature, that might be suitable for winter (referencing to the post).

So far my favorite rose/oud attar is Amouage Badr al Badour. But the new local market red box version is NOTHING like the older red boxes. It now smells more like Tribute than anything else. Weird.
    Last edited by wildrnesxperienc; 22nd April 2019 at 03:50 PM.

amouage asrar is also quite nice, with a big time dose of saffron up front.

Freed from BN Institution

Amouage Rose Turkish Rose Otto (TRO) Attar
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Sultan Pasha has several different Rose/Ouds, all of the highest quality.

Quote Originally Posted by wildrnesxperienc View Post
    So far my favorite rose/oud attar is Amouage Badr al Badour. But the new local market red box version is NOTHING like the older red boxes. It now smells more like Tribute than anything else. Weird.
    It really seems to be pot luck with the attars. I picked up a red box of Badr al Badour a couple of years ago: the rose is quite clean, very prominent, and overall the blend lacks the depth and mystery I find in a previous bottle. I'm just not loving it at the moment.

By the way, do these local-market red boxes look the same as the older ones?

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    It really seems to be pot luck with the attars. I picked up a red box of Badr al Badour a couple of years ago: the rose is quite clean, very prominent, and overall the blend lacks the depth and mystery I find in a previous bottle. I'm just not loving it at the moment.

By the way, do these local-market red boxes look the same as the older ones?
    The local market red boxes look exactly the same as the original older ones at first glance.

There were two different original red box releases as far as I know. The only way to potentially tell which red box you’re looking at is to look at the bottom of the box. The first original red box release had the large Amouage sticker on the OUTSIDE of the cellophane wrapper. So when the new box was unwrapped the large sticker would be removed. The second original red box release had the large Amouage sticker on the INSIDE of the wrapper, so it remained after the perfume was unwrapped. The new local market attars have the sticker on the outside as well so they look just like the first red box release. If you don’t know when the Attar was originally purchased, as far as I know, the only way to be sure what you’re looking at is to verify the presence of that large sticker on the bottom, which would tell you it was red box second release.

Pic of two original red box second release attars with the large clear Amouage sticker present. DBA1C404-B3C5-4E52-AE02-A0DE530BBA6E.jpg