Code of Conduct
o

Default How Does Atelier Colognes Do It??

After smelling Pacific Lime (and plenty others by Atelier Colognes, a house known for distilling much of their own citrus materials), I am utterly impressed by the tenacity of the citrus notes.

I understand that much of this must be due to the use of aromachemicals to push what are typically-short-lived notes back into the near-drydown.

But what rough percentage of their citrus success would you attribute to the use of aromachems vs. simply using high-quality distillations? Is there a way to mix the naturals with synthetics in such a way as to affix the radiance of the naturals to the skin longer? What alchemical magics are being perpetrated here?

Bonus: have you ever created a citrus frag or accord you were particularly proud of (either for its tenacity or its overall quality?) What was in it, if you don't mind sharing?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: How Does Atelier Colognes Do It??

Have you seen my three weeks on the strip Long Lasting Lemon base?
    This is created by making proprietary molecules.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    Have you seen my three weeks on the strip Long Lasting Lemon base?
    This is created by making proprietary molecules.
    I have only heard tell of it in prior threads. Where might I find more information on this, Paul? I'd like to experiment with it

I'm very new to this too so don't take my word for it, but: I believe that if you mix citral with methyl anthranilate, you get a really long-lasting citrus. I think they both have natural isolates available if you're concerned about that.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by SubUmbra View Post
    I have only heard tell of it in prior threads. Where might I find more information on this, Paul? I'd like to experiment with it
    https://perfumersupplyhouse.com/prod...mon-exclusive/
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Depending on the manufactuer/fragrance house, they could be using captive naturals like Givaudan's Orpur range of citrus materials which boast increased longevity among other characteristics.

Just speculation here.

Sorry just chiming in here, should this be treated like citrus with dilution/safety? If it's very strong what would you recommend as a percentage?

Thanks

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by kida2007 View Post
    Sorry just chiming in here, should this be treated like citrus with dilution/safety? If it's very strong what would you recommend as a percentage?

Thanks
    In my description, it says this: "contains 14% furo-coumarin reduced natural lemon cold pressed essential oil."

But it is also fairly strong. I'd recommend 1-3% to start with.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

In my description, it says this: "contains 14% furo-coumarin reduced natural lemon cold pressed essential oil."

Cool, thank you

Fairly strong

I recently got sample of Litsea Cubeba essential oil. You know how when you open the sample vial and then close it, sometimes a few micro drops spray? From that small amount, instant lemon scent filled my entire space. Not just regular lemon but SUPER LEMON!

Eden Botanicals includes this quote: "It smells more like Lemon than Lemon and adds body to citrus blends."* Very true.

*Lawless, Alec. Artisan Perfumery or Being Led by the Nose, 2009, p. 67.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by GemJedi View Post
    I recently got sample of Litsea Cubeba essential oil. You know how when you open the sample vial and then close it, sometimes a few micro drops spray? From that small amount, instant lemon scent filled my entire space. Not just regular lemon but SUPER LEMON!

Eden Botanicals includes this quote: "It smells more like Lemon than Lemon and adds body to citrus blends."* Very true.

*Lawless, Alec. Artisan Perfumery or Being Led by the Nose, 2009, p. 67.
    The lemon odor is from the Citral molecule.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes