Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Antonio Visconti perfume bottles

I just purchased a third, Rose Sauvage. My previous 2 Rose Supreme, and Fleur de Lys are enclosed in slightly different (older, I'm guessing) packaging. This didn't even even catch my attention until I opened the box and noticed that the bottle cap is made of plastic, not glass like that of the other two. I am wondering if this is how the never batches were made - or is there a possible authenticity issue.. The bottle alone is as expected - just that cap. My Rose Supreme actually arrived with the top shattered, and maybe this was not an isolated incident and the company decided to change the design.... It's unclear to me. These fragrances have been discontinued and are widely available via online discounters, where I purchased mine. A few weeks ago I was abler to access the Visconti website, which would be a great place to go to for contact info.. But now the site is gone. Does anybody out there have any ideas?

Default Re: Antonio Visconti perfume bottles

I've owned several from the brand, and all had a glass cap. I've never seen one with plastic, but I suppose it's possible that they switched more recently.

Incidentally, Antonio Visconti is also the perfumer behind the Royal Crown perfume line. I think he has slowly moved all of his efforts over to focus entirely on that line instead of maintaining both. As you said, the Visconti bottles have recently flooded the grey market, which is the first I've ever really seen them discounted much.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    I've owned several from the brand, and all had a glass cap. I've never seen one with plastic, but I suppose it's possible that they switched more recently.

Incidentally, Antonio Visconti is also the perfumer behind the Royal Crown perfume line. I think he has slowly moved all of his efforts over to focus entirely on that line instead of maintaining both. As you said, the Visconti bottles have recently flooded the grey market, which is the first I've ever really seen them discounted much.
    Yes, I discovered Royal Crown fairly recently and I can't get enough. I own 5 and every single one that I have tried is a masterpiece. Royal Crown is up there as one of my absolute favorite houses.. The Visconti perfumes have been hit or miss for me, but the beautiful presentation prompted me to buy a second bottle to replace the broken cap of my Rose Supreme, and most recently, when I saw the fragrances discounted I went for Rose Sauvage, which I enjoy.. Just that plastic cap concerns me! Although the difference in the box (i.e., material, size, print) is somewhat reassuring as evidence of an overall packaging change... if nothing more, it detracts from the presentation. Odd choice.. I ordered a couple more from the same discounter, so will see if I get all plastic caps..

Basenotes Member

So I have purchased a few more and all are in the same new packaging with plastic caps... Too bad because I loved the original bottles which were all glass. Everything is different, so I'm guessing this is a recent packaging shift.

.IMG_7505.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Those bottles are classy looking.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Those bottles are classy looking.
    Yes, the bottles are elegant and amazing-looking. The newer one (Rebel) appears faded on the picture, but it's equally beautiful in real life. Unfortunately the plastic cap on that one versus glass on the older bottle (Fleur de Lys) detracts from the overall appearance. It's just a little odd..

Basenotes Member

I am adding a couple of better pictures in case anybody is interested. The difference in the caps is more apparent on these images. I have 5 of the newer ones (all with plastic caps) and 2 of the older ones (slightly smaller case) both with glass tops. The lettering and graphics are different as well. I still have some slight uncertainty about authenticity of the newer ones...
    IMG_7533.jpg
    IMG_7534.jpg