Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Saturday, 16th February, 2019

Scent of the Day Thread for Saturday, 16th February, 2019

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Friday, 15th February, 2019 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Friday, 15th February, 2019 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Cannelle Ylang by Marcus Spurway

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Saturday, 16th February, 2019

Gengis Khan by Marc De La Morandiere

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Nobody's Fool

....................................Shackled to an Atomizer

Rumba, Ted Lapidus version although I wish I had a vintage one.

Dependent

Oud Saphir

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    ------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

SOTD Promise by FM
    375x500.47332.jpg

SOTE APLS by MFK
    375x500.10469.jpg

Bonjour Mesdames,
    Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain

Freed from BN Institution

Sporting some Guerlain Iris Ganache today
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Mitsouko extrait for a very mild and sunny day.
    Best to all

Champion Thread Killer

Blog Entries

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée today
    Diapers and politicians should be changed often, and for the same reason..
    Currently wearing: Bogart by Jacques Bogart

Hello all.

Private Collection - Psychotrope by Parfumerie Generale
    DONNA

I smell something

Thank you, everyone, for all your kind condolences. We have a supportive and caring group here and I’m thankful to be a part of it.

Caron Aimez-Moi for me today. Best to all. Xo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Afternoon all, & extra hugs for ((((Terry))).

lt's turned a bit dreich here, but my annual craving for florals is brewing, so l've gone for Rose Jam today. A perfect combination of floral, sweet & comforting.

ETA: HoP, l just saw your review of Suntanglam. Good to see this one getting some love!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Nag Champa by Ava Luxe

Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain

vintage Oscar de la Renta pour Lui

Nobody's Fool

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Afternoon all, & extra hugs for ((((Terry))).

lt's turned a bit dreich here, but my annual craving for florals is brewing, so l've gone for Rose Jam today. A perfect combination of floral, sweet & comforting.

ETA: HoP, l just saw your review of Suntanglam. Good to see this one getting some love!

Oh, my! Suntanglam is to die for! I'll figure a way to get my hands on some, sometime. It is one of the better scents I've sampled so far this year.

-----------------------------------

(((hugs))) for tdem. It's been 2 1/2 years today, since my mom passed -- it does get better; the pain subsides, I promise...

-------------------------------------------

Sangue by CinisLabs -- not in the directory.

Dependent

Going off rotation to sample Nest Indigo. It's fine, but not very interesting. I'll probably pass it on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Knot by Bottega Veneta

Good morning everybody Sotd is No 19. After many days with freezing wearher it has now started to rain, so it felt just right for today. Aparantly it’s also one of the scents the bf associates with me Have a great Saturday all, I’m so relieved I have the weekend off

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfPhlegethon View Post
    Oh, my! Suntanglam is to die for! I'll figure a way to get my hands on some, sometime. It is one of the better scents I've sampled so far this year.
    I believe that Suntanglam is the only product I have ever typed into Google's 'shopping' search and gotten absolutely zero results for.

Was it all Raptured off the planet at some point?

Well that was my first ever protest march! We descended on Shrewsbury high street to ask for a state
    of emergency to be declared by out local council regarding the state of of our planet before
    it is too late. I felt I had to attend for the sake of the next generation. I wore Guerlain Flora
    Nymphea. It was all very civilised and friendly with lots of children also marching.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Sunny and windy here, wearing Profumum Meringa.

Sillage Monster

Hello all,

I’m wearing Cuir de Russie and a vintage red leather jacket. We’re having Game Night tonight. Cards Against Humanity, anyone? I’m a wicked player!

Have a good day.
    Spring is in the Air!

Mon Jasmine Noir, L'Ombre Dan L'Eau, Vitriol d’Oeillet, Olene, Sous Le Vent, Blackberry & Bay, Patch Flash, White Patchouli, Lady Vengeance, Tam Dao, Vetyverio, Amazing Grace, Cristalle
    Currently wearing: Sous Le Vent by Guerlain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I believe that Suntanglam is the only product I have ever typed into Google's 'shopping' search and gotten absolutely zero results for.

lt comes up if you type it into regular Google...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello everyone!

Today, February 16th, is the Independence Day of Lithuania, a big and important day for every Lithuanian. Our country was reestablished as an independent state 101 years ago in 1918, just after Germany lost the 1st World War. The funny thing is that the actual Act of Independence was lost for many years (it went missing in 1940 after Soviet Russia's ultimatum and invasion and was smuggled out of country sometime during the World War II and Soviet occupation years) and was found in Berlin's archives in 2017. I'm visiting my parents this weekend, so we went to the festive march together (people were marching through the town dressed in Lithuanian flag colours, we were the colour green) and after that to rock opera Eglė, the Queen of Serpents which is based on an old Lithuanian folk tale/legend about a girl who married the king of serpents and went to live in underwater world. After spending many years there she took her kids to visit her family, but when she decided to come back home to the sea her brothers killed her serpent husband so that Eglė would stay in the homeland. After finding out her husband's death, Eglė was struck by sorrow and shapeshifted her kids and herself into the trees as an act of mourning (Eglė is a Lithuanian word for spruce/fir). Eglė is one of the most popular Lithuanian girl names, I'm also named after her (or after the evergreen spruce tree, as it's all the same).

This weekend I'm revisiting various scents from my adolescence which I enjoyed as a 13-18 year old with a questionable taste, but didn't like them enough to bring with me when moving out to live in another city (and that was more than 10 years ago), so it's various Puma, Adidas and Escada for me this weekend. I'd say it's more interesting than enjoyable, but when paired with some vanilla hand cream that syrupy Escada is strangely comforting. I might even take this bottle with me for evenings like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    Hello all,

I’m wearing Cuir de Russie and a vintage red leather jacket. We’re having Game Night tonight. Cards Against Humanity, anyone? I’m a wicked player!
    Cool, have a nice game night! I love boardgames, and Cards Against Humanity is always fun

The power of bleu

I’m testing Arquiste Sydney Rock Pool today. This is the mineral, sea salt, driftwood fragrance I wanted Eau des Merveilles Bleue to be. Not a drop of detergent to be found ... EdMB was too laundry soap for me.

Happy weekend everyone! hugs to all (and plenty of extras for tdem) ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Gengis Khan by Marc De La Morandiere

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Happy lndependence Day, ClockworkAlice! Thanks for sharing the folk tale.

Lean in closer, dear

Blog Entries

Still thinking about you, Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Well that was my first ever protest march! We descended on Shrewsbury high street to ask for a state
    of emergency to be declared by out local council regarding the state of of our planet before it is too late. I felt I had to attend for the sake of the next generation. I wore Guerlain Flora Nymphea. It was all very civilised and friendly with lots of children also marching.

Well done you, kewart.
    JOIN US FOR A BASENOTES MEET-UP IN CHICAGO MAY 25, 2019: See thread

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    of emergency to be declared by out local council regarding the state of of our planet before
    it is too late. I felt I had to attend for the sake of the next generation. I wore Guerlain Flora
    Nymphea. It was all very civilised and friendly with lots of children also marching.
    This is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post

Today, February 16th, is the Independence Day of Lithuania, a big and important day for every Lithuanian. Our country was reestablished as an independent state 101 years ago in 1918, just after Germany lost the 1st World War. The funny thing is that the actual Act of Independence was lost for many years (it went missing in 1940 after Soviet Russia's ultimatum and invasion and was smuggled out of country sometime during the World War II and Soviet occupation years) and was found in Berlin's archives in 2017. I'm visiting my parents this weekend, so we went to the festive march together (people were marching through the town dressed in Lithuanian flag colours, we were the colour green) and after that to rock opera Eglė, the Queen of Serpents which is based on an old Lithuanian folk tale/legend about a girl who married the king of serpents and went to live in underwater world. After spending many years there she took her kids to visit her family, but when she decided to come back home to the sea her brothers killed her serpent husband so that Eglė would stay in the homeland. After finding out her husband's death, Eglė was struck by sorrow and shapeshifted her kids and herself into the trees as an act of mourning (Eglė is a Lithuanian word for spruce/fir). Eglė is one of the most popular Lithuanian girl names, I'm also named after her (or after the evergreen spruce tree, as it's all the same).
    Clockwork Alice, this was so interesting--thanks for taking the time to share!

SotD (after gym & shower) is Ormonde Jayne Vanille d'Iris. Mr. B and I are celebrating Valentine's Day tonight--we were going to go out, but changed our minds and bought a very big, very nice steak which he has started slow roasting (I don't cook), along with some lovely treats for dessert and some nice cheese to start. We already had some wine that we had bought previously. Our thinking was...well, going out is nice but then we have to drive home. If we cook at home, then we just have to walk a few feet to the couch for some lovely postprandial TV.

Trilby, enjoy game night! We do family game (or movie) night on Fridays. (Actually, it's family pizza & game night. Mr. B and I are always very tired on Fridays, and he doesn't want to cook and I don't want to clean up from him cooking, and the boy [who is a picky eater] never complains about pizza. Win-win-win.)
    Currently wearing: Knot by Bottega Veneta

Nobody's Fool

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post

It IS hard to find, (through all my regular channels at least.) The actual SP Perfumes site (mostly in German) and The Perfumed Court have it. I tried Indie Scents but, they are sold out - the 7.5ml bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    Hello everyone!

This weekend I'm revisiting various scents from my adolescence which I enjoyed as a 13-18 year old with a questionable taste, but didn't like them enough to bring with me when moving out to live in another city (and that was more than 10 years ago), so it's various Puma, Adidas and Escada for me this weekend. I'd say it's more interesting than enjoyable, but when paired with some vanilla hand cream that syrupy Escada is strangely comforting. I might even take this bottle with me for evenings like this.

Cool, have a nice game night! I love boardgames, and Cards Against Humanity is always fun
    Thank you, for sharing some history!

Joop! Homme