Code of Conduct

Default Creed Aventus. Logevity?

Hi,

I recently got Creed Aventus - batch number 17V01, bought from the Creed website.

I get like 3-4 hours of longevity till it becomes a barley smell-able skin scent, which is very disappointing.

Initially I thought it was ol' factory fatigue, until I asked family members who could barley pick it up. I even did a side by side - with Club de Nuit Intense Man on one arm, and Creed Aventus on the other; the result was that CDNIM had a stronger scent on my arm after 5-6 hours (also tested with family members).

I have read some posts which suggests that the juice needs to age, and over time the longevity will improve. Has anyone actually had real experience on this?

Its really annoying how a £30 "clone" has better longevity than the £250 original.

Thanks

(Apologies for poor spelling on the title, not sure how to edit title or delete post..oh well, I'm sure you guys got it anyways)

Default Re: Creed Aventus. Logevity?

Bought mine from a very well known and trustworthy boutique here in my town back in summer 2018 (got batch 17W11) and I have the same issue. Tested it thoroughly with friends and family. To improve on its sillage, I spray approx. 10 times around my neck/face/hair area. That's when people start noticing that I'm wearing it in public. But even then, after around 3 hours the scent is only noticable when getting super close like when hugging for a goodbye or whatever. I paid around €280 for this and although the smell is absolutely fantastic and addictive, I am very unhappy with its overall performance. It was my first Aventus purchase an now I'm torn between trying it again with another bottle or giving up and trying something new. I really really wish I could love it though since it smells so damn incredible.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Personally have never had any problems with the longevity of this scent on my skin.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Weared my 18B11 this Friday to work. At 10 I applied 2 sprays behind my ears and one to the chest. Was getting whiffs all day long, than we had Friday beers and a party, dancing almost all night long. When I got home and went to bed at 5 in the morning I got whiff, smiled and fell asleep. So it lasted me around 19 hours, although I don't know how strong it was

Have a few bottles of 17U01 over here. I get 8+ hours easy. Also have a bottle of 16N01 and get the same performance. Never smelled a weak batch of Aventus yet. Mind you, both these batches are balanced (might even lean slightly to the darker side). Maybe the darker batches last longer?
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Balthasar007 View Post
    Bought mine from a very well known and trustworthy boutique here in my town back in summer 2018 (got batch 17W11) and I have the same issue. Tested it thoroughly with friends and family. To improve on its sillage, I spray approx. 10 times around my neck/face/hair area. That's when people start noticing that I'm wearing it in public. But even then, after around 3 hours the scent is only noticable when getting super close like when hugging for a goodbye or whatever. I paid around €280 for this and although the smell is absolutely fantastic and addictive, I am very unhappy with its overall performance. It was my first Aventus purchase an now I'm torn between trying it again with another bottle or giving up and trying something new. I really really wish I could love it though since it smells so damn incredible.
    Yes, I know exactly how you feel. It smells absolutely amazing but performance is letting it down big time. And 10 sprays? Damn, that is like half of the bottle Some say you need to give time for the juice to "mature", have you noticed any improvement in performance since you bought it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Weared my 18B11 this Friday to work. At 10 I applied 2 sprays behind my ears and one to the chest. Was getting whiffs all day long, than we had Friday beers and a party, dancing almost all night long. When I got home and went to bed at 5 in the morning I got whiff, smiled and fell asleep. So it lasted me around 19 hours, although I don't know how strong it was
    I am envious. That feeling when you get a whiff of your fragrance after 8+ hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Latency View Post
    Have a few bottles of 17U01 over here. I get 8+ hours easy. Also have a bottle of 16N01 and get the same performance. Never smelled a weak batch of Aventus yet. Mind you, both these batches are balanced (might even lean slightly to the darker side). Maybe the darker batches last longer?
    You could be right. I get barely any (if any) dark notes from my Aventus, it is mainly very fruity.

Quote Originally Posted by abshassan View Post
    I have read some posts which suggests that the juice needs to age, and over time the longevity will improve. Has anyone actually had real experience on this?
    It's 2019 - a 2017 batch has had more than enough time to properly macerate. This is just Creed and IFRA.

I have owned 4 bottles and all various years batches.

All have shared the same longevity on me = not very good.

It smells so good. That's what I care about most. The enjoyment it gives me.

Like anything in this hobby, if it were made of cheap materials and ingredients, it would smell cheap and last forever.

Because Creed or quality is quite good, the fragrance wont last exceptionally long. Over the years though it should get richer.

Quote Originally Posted by abshassan View Post
    Some say you need to give time for the juice to "mature", have you noticed any improvement in performance since you bought it?
    Unfortunately no. But it's only been half a year since I got it. I kinda doubt that it helps much letting it mature for years though