Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Mont Blanc Explorer.....The New Fragrance (2019)

mont_blanc_explorer.jpg

The house of Mont Blanc released a new male fragrance a couple of weeks ago called Explorer.

I got the change to test it out the other day and I can say that its a very solid release.
    It's a fresh green fragrance with accords of ambroxan and leather. On initial spray it smells fresh, peppery and green and it projects like crazy the first 4 hours. After that it becomes more close to skin but it can be smelled clearly.
    In the drydown it becomes a bit woody and leathery.

The longevity is a good 7 to 8 hours and even after that it can be detected on the skin with the nose close to it. It's a eau de parfum concentration and comes in 30 ml, 60ml or 100 ml.

I personally think that its a very nice release from Mont Blanc on a market that is overfloaded with sweet metrosexual scents for Men. This is fresh, green, peppery, woody and leathery male scent.

What do you guys think about this one ?

Default Re: Mont Blanc Explorer.....The New Fragrance (2019)

A designer scent "with accords of ambroxan and leather"

Likely a no. May give it a try if it jumps in front of my face, but I have seen this story before, and it doesn't smell good...
    Current Winter Favorites:

1. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    2. Brückner - Aoud 1
    3. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    4. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Generation Man
    5. Creed - Royal Oud
    6. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    7. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Mortal Skin
    8. Creed - Royal English Leather
    9. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
    10. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions

I own a bottle I like it. Very good release imo

Mines arriving in a few days, lookin forward to it

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

OP didn't mention that it smells like Aventus as the topic of the thread, so I think this one should be left alone in main MFD forum unless the sycophants come out to troll everyone.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Jules by Christian Dior

This one has been getting a lot of online buzz with the youtube fragrance community. Sure, it has been compared to another popular fragrance, but apparently it stands on its own merit as well. I will be very curious to see how this shakes out in the community as a whole.

To those with bottles on the way: Please post your thoughts on this one. I imagine there are many who are interested, as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    OP didn't mention that it smells like Aventus as the topic of the thread, so I think this one should be left alone in main MFD forum unless the sycophants come out to troll everyone.
    +1

Let it live.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Will be checking local brick & mortar stores at the end of this week for availability.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

The notes sound great. I hope it doesn't smell like the fragrance which shall not be named.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Tried it at the local Macy's and it smells a lot like the fragrance that shall not be named. 100ml for $98 is a decent price for the Explorer. I can see this having popular appeal as it smells good and have mass appeal.

I was at the counter testing Explorer and a customer came up and smelled it, not knowing anything about fragrances in general, and tried a few different frags on paper and decided on the Explore because it smelled the best and bought a bottle.

I own it and love like it. Smells like a mixture between aventus and sauvage.

Looking forward to trying it!
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread

Smells like *ventus knock-off.
    Better in some ways but that depends on whom you ask
    Waiting for Hednic's 8th star

Smells incredible... Definitely will become a staple in my usage and I can easily see buying this for years to come when I run out.

i did not try it on yet but was at macys and smelled it on a strip and WOW smelled very close to aventus. I will definitely have to try it on skin next time to see how it performs and dry down is

I hope to try this ASAP. Maybe I won't be as asnomic to this as I am to Aventus. About 3 hours into Aventus, I suddenly can't smell it.

I walked in toacys and walked out with this one and a few others. I had no idea it was new and have never work Mont Blanc before. I do t keep with this stuff. I think it smells wonderful, I love it. I can't get enough of it. I also like Acqua di gio and Dior Savuage but explorer is my favorite so far. I'll be buying some Mont blanc legend because I love this so much. Also thinking of picking up some Tom Ford or maybe Acqua di Parma next. I want something that last all day, so any suggestions would be nice.. guess I should just make a thread for that lol

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Will be checking local brick & mortar stores at the end of this week for availability.
    I tried a few days ago, no sign near me as yet. I like the look of the bottle I have to say.

I walked in to macys and walked out with this one and a few others. I had no idea it was new and have never work Mont Blanc before. I do t keep with this stuff. I think it smells wonderful, I love it. I can't get enough of it. I also like Acqua di gio and Dior Savuage but explorer is my favorite so far. I'll be buying some Mont blanc legend because I love this so much. Also thinking of picking up some Tom Ford or maybe Acqua di Parma next. I want something that last all day, so any suggestions would be nice.. guess I should just make a thread for that lol

From the limited testing I did on my hand the other day from a tester at Macy's I liked it.

I don't feel like it's a full on Aventus copy. There are some aspects of it that will remind you of Aventus, but also I was reminded a little of Sauvage as well. The base is soft and woody in the deep dry down. I'll likely be picking up a bottle soon.
    Currently wearing: Blu pour Homme by Bulgari

Sorry guys, I was trying to fix my typos and ended up double posting. I don't know how to deletet it.

Basenotes Plus

Based on the Aventus + Sauvage descriptions, sounds like the MB equivalent of Parfums Vintage X Batch. Need to get my nose on this soon.
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Just split and shipped 2 bottles of this out to the UK members so more impressions should be forthcoming in a few.

In the air it does smell remarkably like Aventus and they've employed a very clever trick in designing it as they took a totally different approach from the rest of the clonesharks in trying to approximate the Creed formula.

So I made my to Saks 5th avenue in San Antonio, I wanted to put my nose to a few Creed fragrances. I had MB explorer on my left and I tried Aventus on my right. To my untrained nose they smelled almost exactly the same. The Creed had a bit more leather like smell, a little sharper (don't know how else to explain it. The explorer was a smidge smoother. They both smell so good. I got a bit better performance on my Aventus side but not by much. Explorer last almost all day for me. I also got to try silver mountain water and virgin island water really liked VIW so good, wish o could find a clone of that!

Alexandria Fragrances Hawaii Vulcano Intense is VIW's clone

Explorer is the Aventus Eau Fraiche version we've been waiting for . I smelled it at lunch. I also get the touch of Sauvage that some have mentioned, and a bit of the old Polo Explorer seems tucked in there. It's a nice fresh scent. I have it on a card, have not tried on skin.

Will I buy it? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Explorer is the Aventus Eau Fraiche version we've been waiting for . I smelled it at lunch. I also get the touch of Sauvage that some have mentioned, and a bit of the old Polo Explorer seems tucked in there. It's a nice fresh scent. I have it on a card, have not tried on skin.

Will I buy it? Probably.
    Sounds nice will test soon, at the cost of retail this will be backup worthy for sure at an affordable cost to ensure no changes down the road! I’m hoping I get along with Explorer, seems like a worthy replacement for the well liked Acqua Di Gio Profumo I didn’t agree with.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Plan to have this either tomorrow or Sunday.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Anyone find this in Canada yet? Don't see it at my local Shoppers Beauty Boutique, Bay, or Sephora.

EDIT: Just noticing it's a Macy's exclusive. That sucks
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed