Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Latest Armani Acqua Di Gio Flanker!

I'm not a huge Acqua di Gio fan, but the flanker Profumo is greatness, so I own it. The others......no. But considering Profumo is so great and it's a flanker, I suppose I will have to give this one a sniff or two just to be sure I don't miss a potential good one.
    Currently wearing: Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger

I saw this on sale in Spain last month. I did spray it on a piece of paper but I can't remember it well enough to comment.

I like everything by Armani, except maybe for the original Code EDT (Code Profumo is amazing though). I was expecting big things when ADG Absolu came out, so I'm hoping this Absolut Instinct will deliver what I was expecting from the previous.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Any sightings in brick and mortar stores in the US yet?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I'm going to keep my eyes out over this weekend and in the coming weeks, but I would guess no. None of the brick and mortar stores' websites have it for sale yet, nor is it advertised.
    I'm going to try to get some samples or at least try a sample spray as soon as I see them.

Speaking of flankers, anyone have experience with Blue?

375x500.25615.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The People's Champ View Post

375x500.25615.jpg

This smelled exactly the same as the EDT to me.
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

375x500.25615.jpg
    Armani used to do special edition bottles for the summer. This may be a different bottle but the same scent.

Ah got ya, wasn't sure

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    This smelled exactly the same as the EDT to me.
    To me also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post

I'm sure the day it comes out, half of Youtube will review it, all say the same thing, hype it up, and then everyone will blind buy it only to be disappointed.
    So let it be written. So let it be done.
    Swap Thread | Sale Thread

Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, English Laundry Windsor, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Remy Latour Cigar, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

I feel like youtube reviewers will say it's meh. Either way I am pretty confident I'll love it, not an ADG I dislike yet

I feel like youtube reviewers will say it's meh. Either way I am pretty confident I'll love it, not an ADG I dislike yet
    Probably depends on the YouTubers in question.

I'm not an ADG fan, but I'd try that "ADG with lime" variation proposed earlier in this thread.

Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, English Laundry Windsor, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Remy Latour Cigar, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Probably depends on the YouTubers in question.

I'm not an ADG fan, but I'd try a "ADG with lime" variation proposed earlier in this thread.
    Most seemed to dislike Absolu but Its one of my all time favorite good scents, just great smelling thru and thru

Tried this today at Macy's, did not like it at all, very generic. I like all of the previous versions though, especially Profumo.

Edit: My bad, I tried the Absolu, not the Absolu Instinct. Lol, too many flankers. My apologies.
    Last edited by Mattybumpkin; 4th April 2019 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattybumpkin View Post
    Tried this today at Macy's
    Thanks for the heads up that it has arrived at Macy's

Wish I'd show it online if it's at Macy's, I definitely want to put an order in

Basenotes Plus

anybody else see it at brick and mortar?
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Called Macy's and they don't have it. Is that common for Macy's to only stock some stores with a new frag?

Called Macy's and they don't have it in stock. Is that common for Macy's to only stock some stores with a new frag?
    Department stores don't all cycle through stock on precisely the same timetable.

Current Favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Department stores don't all cycle through stock on precisely the same timetable.
    I never really paid attention, just assumed they all would get shipments but that aside I'd think if is in store it would at least be listed on their website, sucks is not there yet

Called Macy's and they don't have it. Is that common for Macy's to only stock some stores with a new frag?
    For Macy's it is common. Sometimes the fragrance will go to bigger stores first. Sometimes the fragrance will only go to stores that are big sellers of the same line. And, sometimes the orders are sent to the wrong store, who will keep the order and say nothing. Also, the vendor may not want their fragrance sold at a particular store.

Called Macy's and they don't have it.
    Will buzz the local ones near me tomorrow to see if any have it on hand, but not expecting positive results.

Basenotes Plus

Hm. I was excited... and will still try it. But my excitement is waning. I feel like I'm waiting for the Chinese Democracy. Moving on.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Tried this at Dillard's over the weekend. Good but just your typical popular scent that's been trending the past couple years. I like the stuff but it's too similar to, well, everything.
    And I'm starting to see a lot of redundancy in Armani's line. Stronger with you, Code Absolu, Code Profumo…..it's all good stuff but it's starting to get boring.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Any sightings in brick and mortar stores in the US yet?
    I was in Lord & Taylor this afternoon and they had just received this in stock a few days ago. It seems most of their stores in the north east are now stocking it.

I did pick up a bottle and I'm going to give it a full wear tomorrow. I did smell it on paper as they had a tester in store and there are some nice woods in the opening, it didn't blow me away, but it seemed quite pleasant.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I still haven't seen this.
    oh look, I have a signature

Quote Originally Posted by HFMIII View Post
    I was in Lord & Taylor this afternoon and they had just received this in stock a few days ago. It seems most of their stores in the north east are now stocking it.
    Yes it's on Lord & Taylor's website. Will check my local store and will pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

Just purchased it on the Armani US website and got 10% off price + Free Shoprunner 2-day Shipping!
    Last edited by hednic; 12th July 2019 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I still haven't seen this.
    Absolu Instinct does not appear to be widely available still. Looks like Saks has it and I tested it out at a Dillard's while on a trip to Louisville, KY.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."