Code of Conduct

Default How close in smell is Chanel AHEB EDT is to AHEB EDP?

Hey Everyone. I'm just wondering how close do Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDT compare to the modern EDP version. Originally I got a sample of Frapin's L'Humaniste and fell in love with it, but not its price tag. So, I went ahead an got a 5ml decant of Chanel's AHEE EDT after hearing comparisons to the two. Originally wanted to get the EDP, but my guy only had the EDT. Anyhow, is the two similar or does it share qualities with the Frapin fragrance? Either way, I'll probably just go with Frapin after this winter thaws out. Thanks

Default Re: How close in smell is Chanel AHEB EDT is to AHEB EDP?

Now?

Virtually identical.

You'll find the biggest different among the EDT's that were released pre-2015. That's when it was much creamier, but then it was reformulated. All Edition Blanche's since roughly 2015 are more citrus-centric, lacking the extent of the creaminess in versions before 2015.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

To me the difference is nil.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Chanel usually does okay on their reformulations

The last time I was able to try the EDP and EDT, there was almost no discernible difference
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cologne by Chanel

almost 100% identical, not even the finest noses will detect any diff (I have owned 2 bottles of the EDT and one bottle of the EDP.
    Top 10 Seasonal Favorites - Spring 2019:
    Roja Elysium Extrait
    Roja Sweetie Aoud
    Le Labo Bergamote 22
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Nio
    Xerjoff Mefisto
    Xerjoff Uden Overdose
    MFK Aqua Vitae Forte
    MFK Gentle Fluidity Silver
    Byredo Bal D'Afrique

Freed from BN Institution

No real difference between the two. I still recommend the original Cologne Concetree over these.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: 17/17 Irisss by Xerjoff

I have EDP and enjoy it, performs good smells good as others have said unless it’s a deep older bottle just buy the recent EDP.
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Fusiongel View Post
    Hey Everyone. I'm just wondering how close do Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDT compare to the modern EDP version. Originally I got a sample of Frapin's L'Humaniste and fell in love with it, but not its price tag. So, I went ahead an got a 5ml decant of Chanel's AHEE EDT after hearing comparisons to the two. Originally wanted to get the EDP, but my guy only had the EDT. Anyhow, is the two similar or does it share qualities with the Frapin fragrance? Either way, I'll probably just go with Frapin after this winter thaws out. Thanks
    Who knows if they reformed it after the name change to EdP, but um... all of the EdTC were simply name changed to EdP. That doesn't mean their formulations were changed. They just changed the nomenclature so everything fell in place together, probably because of Bleu de Chanel EdP - not sure.

Same thing, different updated name. As far as being reformed after - who knows.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

not close. EDT was waaaaaaay better.
    i smelled AHEB in 2009 the very first time. then i was sampling it for years and in december 2014, finally purchased a full bottle. IMMEDIATELY noticed that it doesn't smell like the scent i know. and this was before my extreme perfume hobby, my nose was untrained...
    i asked mr google, what's wrong with my perfume: is it fake or what? can't be, it was from an authorized reseller in germany. then i found out about the concentration change...
    it's just a boring slightly woody lemon scent in it's current form.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

I have two bottles of Edition Blanche. One is edt concentree and one is edp. I don't think I can detect any difference.

I'm definitely happy with the latest edp version. I'm comparing side by side, and if one of them is smelling better, it's the edp (a little fresher and stronger) - but it's more likely that I could not distinguish them. I suspect they may the same.

Frapin L'Humaniste is definitely a similar fragrance, but it has a nice boozy note.

I really like both fragrances. I've never bought a bottle of L'Humaniste, but I would use one if I had it.

Quote Originally Posted by slickadam View Post
    not close. EDT was waaaaaaay better.
    i smelled AHEB in 2009 the very first time. then i was sampling it for years and in december 2014, finally purchased a full bottle. IMMEDIATELY noticed that it doesn't smell like the scent i know. and this was before my extreme perfume hobby, my nose was untrained...
    i asked mr google, what's wrong with my perfume: is it fake or what? can't be, it was from an authorized reseller in germany. then i found out about the concentration change...
    it's just a boring slightly woody lemon scent in it's current form.
    This more or less reflects my experience and opinion regarding AHEB in its current and former iterations.

Having owned the original edt, I don't notice any differences with what's on the shelves today.

I have both and can confirm through my repeated experience that it was NOT just a name/packaging change.......they are different scents. Very similar, but different in performance, top notes, drydown.

The discontinued edt had better performance and a much longer drydown, but the top notes weren't as bright and lemony. The new stuff (the edp) doesn't last as long, but the top notes are brighter (I'd say better).