Code of Conduct

Default Sukin For Men Shaving Gel

I've been using Sukin Shaving Gel for about six months now, and I'm quite impressed with it - it's as good as most of my good creams, perhaps due to the sesame oil it contains.

Yesterday, for a change I used some Vulfix shaving soap and brush, and shaved with my three month old Bic Flex 5 Blade disposable. In sharp contrast to when using the Sukin, I wound up bleeding from three spots on my face and throat. Which I think is testament to how sharp the Bic razor remains, and how well the Sukin gel cushions that savage razor.

Sukin is made in Australia, and like most Australian-made shaving gels seems to be a lot better than most US made ones I've tried (except for Jack Black). Though I also had tried Michael Klim Shaving Gel, which I thought pretty hopeless. But one day I poured it into the two thirds empty bottle of Sukin gel, and found that the result was still an excellent gel as the Sukin had enhanced it.

Definitely worth checking Sukin Shaving gel out if living in, or visiting Australia or New Zealand.

Cost is around A$13 a bottle, but can often be found at half price at Chemist Warehouse.
    Regards,
    Renato

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Sukin For Men Shaving Gel

Just be careful with the Bic that the cuts are not actually evidence of blade deformities, from micro bends in one or more of the blades after being dropped or from rust etc, instead of speaking volumes to its sharpness. In all cases, this is still a good testament to the shave product providing a nice, slick, protective cushion. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Just be careful with the Bic that the cuts are not actually evidence of blade deformities, from micro bends in one or more of the blades after being dropped or from rust etc, instead of speaking volumes to its sharpness. In all cases, this is still a good testament to the shave product providing a nice, slick, protective cushion. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, but I've previously had a post here about the 3-blade Bic Flex disposable razor, which also went for over three months of close shaves.
    Bic are very impressive - except for their single blade disposables, which is so sharp that I get lots of nicks every time I tried using one, regardless of using my best creams and soaps. I just can't handle that razor.

Cheers,
    Renato

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Thanks, but I've previously had a post here about the 3-blade Bic Flex disposable razor, which also went for over three months of close shaves.
    Bic are very impressive - except for their single blade disposables, which is so sharp that I get lots of nicks every time I tried using one, regardless of using my best creams and soaps. I just can't handle that razor.

Cheers,
    Renato
    Sorry. Just seeing your post. Thank you for the response. And I hope I didn’t come off as “daddy” instead of Diddy, if you know what I mean. I’m confident you know exactly what you’re doing. Thanks for the heads up on the Bic too!

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    . Thanks for the heads up on the Bic too!

I should qualify my point about the 3 Bic Flex, in that I also cleaned it with the Razorpit after each use - which definitely increases blade life. With the 5 blade Flex, I didn't use the Razorpit on it for the first five or six weeks when I was in Italy, though I've used it since returning home.
    Regards,
    Renato

Is this gel suitable for sensitive skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobane View Post
    Is this gel suitable for sensitive skin?
    The bottle doesn't say anything about "sensitive skin".

Though it says "skin care that doesn't cost the earth".

Though I think that 90% of the guys who visit sites like this and Badger and Blade, do so because they have sensitive skin of some description.
    Regards,
    Renato