Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Check out this youtubers insane collection!

Came across this guys absolutely massive collection on youtube today,if anyone can add the link directly it would be appreciated! Couldnt figure out how to do it! Youtube: vothuong33 collectible rare perfumes.
    Has anyone else got a collection this big??Screenshot_2019-02-21-15-53-40.jpg

Default Re: Check out this youtubers insane collection!

Just copy the web address from the address bar, i.e. www.youtube.com/watch.....

Then, click on the the third from the last little icon to the last on the right above here in the dialog box on BN ^^^ (looks like a little tree inside of a frame) to insert your youtube links.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

Unbelievable. Someone contact this guy asap!

I haven't seen the video yet, but the title had me think that hednic had started a youtube channel.

For some reason the link is showing invalid whence I try to paste it in above ^^^.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bJFRmq8-5I
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

Wearing Perfume Right Now

He's known as "goosey" guy for his pronunciation of his favorite house, Gucci.

The Basenoter collections I've seen are more in the 500 bottle range.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I haven't seen the video yet, but the title had me think that hednic had started a youtube channel.
    Lol! No, it's not me. I would never think to organize or store or display my 4,000+ bottles that way!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Makes me sad seeing all that perfume just sitting there not getting used. It's no wonder when you look for a discontinued scent you either can't find any or it costs a fortune. Guys like him buy it and hoard it until they can find a sucker to buy it.

I saw the top level first and I was thinking...ok, decent size collection and then the camera started going all over showing more and more and more...just wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Makes me sad seeing all that perfume just sitting there not getting used. It's no wonder when you look for a discontinued scent you either can't find any or it costs a fortune. Guys like him buy it and hoard it until they can find a sucker to buy it.
    +1 I only watched a few seconds of the video (cannot hear what he is saying), but all of the fragrances looked very poorly curated. One has to wonder about people like this. I know a lot of us here have tons of perfumes, but I think we use them and store them properly because they truly are precious to us, and we have invested a lot of time and money in them.

Gregory David Roberts

Missing Oakmoss

Man...looks more like a hoarding situation than collecting to me.

Thank you for posting. It was indeed a fascinating experience to see a quite huge (even by BN standards, being in comparison quite modestly equipped with fragrances that all take up 4-5 cabinet shelves and one additional cabinet drawer in total) lineup of boxes and bottles containing numerous classics that would enrich any collection
    Currently wearing: Citrus & Wood by Yardley

Dependent

Keeps my collection in perspective! (And I only watched the first minute or so)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Man...looks more like a hoarding situation than collecting to me.
    I screened a few more minutes of it. It is indeed looks like hoarding. What is the point of this? He has a lot of fairly rare, beautiful, sealed in box fragrances, often several of a kind. What is the purpose of this? I do not understand it.

Gregory David Roberts

Wow I thought it might be Hednic’s too! kidding Hednic!

The man likes his “goosey” doesn’t he? This has gone way beyond collecting into hoarding and honestly is disturbing. He acts surprised more often than not, and no wonder. How could anyone who has that many bottles, and has them stored like that, have any idea what’s there? Must be a case of buying entire stocks of closing stores or something because he has no idea what so much of it is even when he’s holding the bottle in his hands. And it seems like he hasn’t responded to any comments on the video, which was uploaded a year and a half ago.

Can you imagine the time and effort it would take to properly curate all that? Would be so overwhelming it would probably seem insurmountable to him. Meanwhile I bet he continues buying, piling on more and more, making it even more impossible. Got to feel hopeless. Got to feel like he’s drowning in it, it’s taken over his whole home.

Quote Originally Posted by wildrnesxperienc View Post
    Wow I thought it might be Hednic’s too! kidding Hednic!

The man likes his “goosey” doesn’t he? This has gone way beyond collecting into hoarding and honestly is disturbing. He acts surprised more often than not, and no wonder. How could anyone who has that many bottles, and has them stored like that, have any idea what’s there? Must be a case of buying entire stocks of closing stores or something because he has no idea what so much of it is even when he’s holding the bottle in his hands. And it seems like he hasn’t responded to any comments on the video, which was uploaded a year and a half ago.

Can you imagine the time and effort it would take to properly curate all that? Would be so overwhelming it would probably seem insurmountable to him. Meanwhile I bet he continues buying, piling on more and more, making it even more impossible. Got to feel hopeless. Got to feel like he’s drowning in it, it’s taken over his whole home.
    Exactly. Stunning....

Gregory David Roberts

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Oriane View Post
    I screened a few more minutes of it. It is indeed looks like hoarding. What is the point of this? He has a lot of fairly rare, beautiful, sealed in box fragrances, often several of a kind. What is the purpose of this? I do not understand it.
    You and me both. All of my fragrances (vintage or otherwise) are purchased to be worn and enjoyed. This is completely unfathomable.

(The mighty hednic would never stand for such shambolic disorganisation ).

Thankyou! For adding direct link...
    So very sad to see such gems lobbed into plastic drawers,under the washbasin, he doesnt seem to sell any judging by the comments,so WHY the multiple bottles? I can understand having a backup bottle of your fav but this is insane!!

Dependent

Holy hole in a doughnut Batman!

I love how at one point (4:16) he picks up this huge Chanel Les Exclusifs bottle (I *think* it's Gardenia, but not sure) and doesn't even look for the label - just turns it over, KLONK! lol

He keeps saying "Wow...wow...there's so much here" which gives the impression that he's seeing it all for maybe the second time or so. My guess would be that he was somehow put in charge of all this and is hoping to sell it?

Ed: Looking at it again, the "klonk" isn't really so loud, but I was in such shock the first time I saw it that it *seemed* much louder

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

I've seen the video a number of times, if its the original goosey guy video from a year ago. This has made the rounds in the vintage forum. I never once got the impression that it's his collection, or at least that he was the one amassing it. I don't think it is a "collection" at all.

Doesn't it seem like it's the first time he's seeing a lot of it? He seems to know very little about fragrance.

What my assumption is, is that a relative passed away who had either an online store or flea market type setup, and he inherited it. A lot of the boxes (most of them in many places) have colored stickers with prices. I suppose he also could have inherited a hoarding relative's stuff, who bought in bulk and somehow had a connection to be able to do so. But I don't think he himself (goosey, the narrator) bought these.

^^^ Plausible explanation....but, why is he not trying to sell it all? Surely money in his pocket would be preferable to this situation.

Gregory David Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    He seems to know very little about fragrance.
    @22:42 "Opium. Ooooo. Sounds like drugs!"

Seriously, though, there were quite a few times where I thought "Hey! What's that (Diorissimo) there..." then he would slam the drawer shut and I felt like lol

Imagine the money he would make if he sold them all.
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Top Five

1. Vintage Lauder For Men Cologne
    2. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. D R Harris Sandalwood (Aftershave)
    4. G F Trumper Eucris EdT & Edp
    5. Guerlain Vetiver
    Currently wearing: Irisoir by Sultan Pasha

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Ah yes, the dreaded "Goosey Guy", the abominable creature all vintage flippers on eBay inspire to be. Be afraid for your discontinued favorite could be his next target. *dramatic music*
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Sud Est by Romeo Gigli

Dependent

He's a hoarder, horrible way to display his collection.

I've seen the video a number of times, if its the original goosey guy video from a year ago. This has made the rounds in the vintage forum. I never once got the impression that it's his collection, or at least that he was the one amassing it. I don't think it is a "collection" at all.

Doesn't it seem like it's the first time he's seeing a lot of it? He seems to know very little about fragrance.

What my assumption is, is that a relative passed away who had either an online store or flea market type setup, and he inherited it. A lot of the boxes (most of them in many places) have colored stickers with prices. I suppose he also could have inherited a hoarding relative's stuff, who bought in bulk and somehow had a connection to be able to do so. But I don't think he himself (goosey, the narrator) bought these.
    I think you may be right. Either he inherited it, or he is living with someone who owns all of this and is snooping around whilst the owner is out. Alternatively, he may even be a contractor of some sort who, again, is snooping around whilst the owner is away. If one listens to him, he does sound as though he is seeing it all for the first time, almost as though he is as surprised as we are!

Gregory David Roberts

Very plausible explanation indeed.

Can you imagine the explosion if the house caught on fire?!? It would probably take out six city blocks!

Gregory David Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Lol! No, it's not me. I would never think to organize or store or display my 4,000+ bottles that way!
    Hednic have you ever shared pics of your collection on any of the fragrance pic threads?